Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
So, yeah...I've been creeping about the zOMG! forum and I noticed that in this game you can't get very far without making or going along with a Crew (or maybe you can but...).

I've been literally SPAMMED with invites but I always turned them down because of my alarming grip on..."lone wolf-ism". I even began to find these numerous invites as a type of harassment. Never reported it, though. ... Probably will never...

But anyway, let's not get sidetracked here: I THINK I'm looking for a crew. I might make my own...I don't know...the farthest I got was in between Old Aqueduct and Gold Beach and no further; I've been playing this game for a while now but I just returned recently.

You get the idea.

The reason why I'm so reluctant in joining a crew is because...I tend to make my own paths and there will be differences in planning and where to go. I don't want to butt heads with anybody. To me, it also takes a little longer to get..."group things" settled. You know..."group things" ... Dealing with each other and stuff...when that certain thing is totally unnecessary...instead you guys could be leveling up...you know...

I would like a mature group with friendly interactions and good teamwork. I'm not a buff-er. I like to attack. I also tend to buff myself to stay alive on the front lines. No, I'm not being selfish. I'm just trying to keep myself alive. Whatever.

Interesting. Joining groups and making them offline and in real life is a lot easier than it is on the Internet.

Oh well. That's a different story.

P.S.: Despite my dry and uninterested-sounding post, I'm rather friendly. Don't get me wrong. I'm just not always the "LOL YAY HAPPY KAWAII CUTENESS RAINBOW BRIGHT BLUE DAY!!!!!! LOL"-type of individual. I tend to be a realist at times. sweatdrop

P.S.S.: For the record, I don't want to read on how I worded my post. I just want to know if it's better to form your crew and if it is, how do you do that. And, if it's better to join someone else's, advertise to me whom is the best for me to join. Remember my requirements.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
For crews, you kinda do have to be a bit of a Generalist. I.E. Buff your crewmates, heal them, and attack efficiently.

I can't think of anything specific other than that, other than having said buffs, or some understanding of the instance you'll be heading into.

Good luck.

Vicious Prophet

Sending invites isn't harassment. If you don't want invites, then don't be on the recrewt list.

It's possible to solo the entire game up to DMS, but it's easier with a crew.
Pan Twardowski
Sending invites isn't harassment. If you don't want invites, then don't be on the recrewt list.

SOLO DMS!

Dapper Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Pan Twardowski

Didn't even know I was on it. I played this game here and there back then so...yeah, I know but so much.

DMS...okay, help me out with that one. I'm very ignorant.

Hmm...I'll take that as a +1 for joining or making a crew. Thanks.

Dapper Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Mage Ragepunk
For crews, you kinda do have to be a bit of a Generalist. I.E. Buff your crewmates, heal them, and attack efficiently.

I can't think of anything specific other than that, other than having said buffs, or some understanding of the instance you'll be heading into.

Good luck.

Hmm, yeah see...that poses a problem due to the refreshing challenge of keeping your Stamina up. Now, don't get me wrong: I have an almost mid-level Divinity Ring and my Fitness Ring keeps me going (to some degree) so I'm relatively comfortable in my recharging but when joining a crew...that could pose a problem.

Interesting response to this thread but I'll look at it as a -1 for joining or making a crew.

Maybe it'll be easier to do something like this with real life friends that you happen to persuade them to join this game. Less pressure, I assume.

Vicious Prophet

Seasend
Pan Twardowski

SOLO DMS!

Pretty sure there was a thread a few weeks ago about soloing GR. I can't find it right now, though.

Author of Tales
Pan Twardowski

Didn't even know I was on it. I played this game here and there back then so...yeah, I know but so much.

DMS...okay, help me out with that one. I'm very ignorant.

Hmm...I'll take that as a +1 for joining or making a crew. Thanks.

Target yourself, then click recrewt. There should be a box you can check that says "add me to recrewt list" or something. It's automatically checked, so if you don't want random invites, uncheck it.

DMS is Deadman's Shadow. It's a new instance inside of Deadman's Pass.

Honestly? I'd really only recommend a crew for certain instances like Papa Saw, Hive, DMS, and Shallow Seas/End Boss. Like you, I prefer to be a lone wolf (I solo'd most of the game), but with a crew it can be fun, and you make friends.

Regular

I think joining a crew vs. making your own depends on a lot of things.
If you are the a**l type of person who has to have things a certain way, I would advise starting your own crew. That way as the leader, you pretty much get final say on what goes. If on the other hand you are more of a lenient person, you can still start a crew; but remember that you do need to be firm at certain times so the crew doesn't fail.

I also think it has to do with how your are feeling at the moment. Like for me, when I'm feeling too lazy to buff check and all that, I just join a crew and do as I'm told.

The best crews to join are obviously the ones who know what they're doing; but if they don't, I don't see anything wrong with giving them some pointers. However, if you're really not feeling it, you have every right to leave and find another one.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Author of Tales
Mage Ragepunk

Good luck.

Hmm, yeah see...that poses a problem due to the refreshing challenge of keeping your Stamina up. Now, don't get me wrong: I have an almost mid-level Divinity Ring and my Fitness Ring keeps me going (to some degree) so I'm relatively comfortable in my recharging but when joining a crew...that could pose a problem.

Interesting response to this thread but I'll look at it as a -1 for joining or making a crew.

Maybe it'll be easier to do something like this with real life friends that you happen to persuade them to join this game. Less pressure, I assume.
I don't understand the bolded part. Please clarify?

Intellectual Lunatic

Author of Tales
Mage Ragepunk

Good luck.

A crew is more efficient than going alone.
You can do stuff easily.
About that stam, you can kneel, while the others keep attacking.
I like doing it with strangers. I can make friends.
And have fun and have more people to talk to.

Intellectual Lunatic

Mage Ragepunk
Author of Tales
Mage Ragepunk

Good luck.

I think she meant that "healing, buffing, and attacking plus keeping stam up" is the challenge. ouo

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Prince High
Mage Ragepunk
Author of Tales
Mage Ragepunk

Good luck.

I think she meant that "healing, buffing, and attacking plus keeping stam up" is the challenge. ouo
Pfft, that's what makes crewing interesting! :U

Fashionable Businesswoman

12,050 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Honestly not trying to be rude or anything, but isn't the whole point of playing a multi-player game to interact with others? Sure, it's possible (not easy but doable) to get through most of the game on your own, but where's the fun in that? I've met so many awesome people in random crews, and if you don't like the crew you're in for whatever reason, you can click leave- simple as that.
Not only are crews more fun, but they make the game a lot easier too. Instead of 8 rings, you get 6 sets of 8 rings working together. Don't worry about the stamina because if you're in a good crew, they will have your back, just like you should have theirs.

As far as being spammed with invites, you can always click on recrewt and uncheck 'looking for crew' then you won't get nearly as many.

Rainbow Nerd

First things first, I think you have to realize that, to be fair to your crew you HAVE to carry some buffs that whole crew can benefit from. That means you'll have to equip TWO crew buffs (not like fitness or turtle).

At least I THINK you're talking about crewing for SMOB/SMEB/SS/EB.

Then, being in crew is MUCH better.

Dapper Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
By all of what I've read, it sounds as if joining a crew is a good idea.

As for the post that mentioned games like this are for especially joining a team and "lone wolfing" it seems out-of-the-question and that if I don't like it and how I should simply just leave, well, let me clarify by saying that I'm not leaving anything and that I was just unsure of joining a crew because I worried about running into one that had its responsibilities thrown all over the place without a clue. Not to mention that I'm looking for a mature group to join and not anything just put together "for the lols".

I'm not being mean but I will be frank and say that you haven't read my post well enough. The post that mentioned "you should leave then because this game's all about working together and 'lone wolfing' is hardly tolerated" is above but not too far way from this post. :l

---

Anyway, back to the main topic of this response.

Joining a crew, according from everyone's post, seems like a +1. Making friends online for me is an iffy action but I think I can survive and I think I have made a decision. Maybe.

I won't join a crew but I may make my own and I'll recrui-

..."reCREWit" the most responsible players (those that don't charge into bosses or quest challenges when they know they're not ready for it, for example. I always avoided the Hive event in Old Aqueduct because I know better, as another example), if possible.

If I make one however, the group should expect me to be on hiatus sometimes as well. I have things to do offline and I can't play all day(s), week(s), or even month(s) long, unfortunately. Again, I'm new to this whole "crew" thing, so that may not even matter but I'm just stating this for safety.

P.S.: Never understood MMOspeak. Please tell me what SMOBs, SMEBs, SSs, and EBs are. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff