Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intellectual Lunatic

I think you're handling Gaia like it's real life.
Chill. Relax. Have fun. Make friends.

If you know more than people, you can teach them.
Give them tips, advices, whatever.

Intellectual Lunatic

Author of Tales
As for the post that mentioned games like this are for especially joining a team and "lone wolfing" it seems out-of-the-question and that if I don't like it and how I should simply just leave, well, let me clarify by saying that I'm not leaving anything and that I was just unsure of joining a crew because I worried about running into one that had its responsibilities thrown all over the place without a clue. Not to mention that I'm looking for a mature group to join and not anything just put together "for the lols".

There are rarely any crews put up "for the lols" really.
Most crews might seem like it but they don't
Just having fun. 3nodding
And this is a game. Being too mature is boring.

Valheita's Princess

Witty Noob

18,250 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
Joining a crew isn't like selling your soul. You can form a crew just to beat one boss and then go your separate ways afterward; your crewmates don't need to be your new bffs.

Dapper Dabbler

I'd recommend joining crews. It's a lot of fun! ^^ But I get the lone wolf thing. I mostly solo'd up until the Throne Room in Otami. With crews, you just join them for the time being. Some crews will stick together for hours, some only stay together for one run through an instance. Crews are more of a then-and-there sort of thing. If you're looking for people to crew with over and over again, I would suggest looking into joining a clan. 3nodding That, or you can just friend frequent zOMG players if you feel they fit your requirements of a crewmate and crew with them when you're both online. When you should ever need a crew, feel free to PM me. I can usually pull together a pretty reliable crew. smile

Dapper Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Sorayo
I'd recommend joining crews. It's a lot of fun! ^^ But I get the lone wolf thing. I mostly solo'd up until the Throne Room in Otami. With crews, you just join them for the time being. Some crews will stick together for hours, some only stay together for one run through an instance. Crews are more of a then-and-there sort of thing. If you're looking for people to crew with over and over again, I would suggest looking into joining a clan. 3nodding That, or you can just friend frequent zOMG players if you feel they fit your requirements of a crewmate and crew with them when you're both online. When you should ever need a crew, feel free to PM me. I can usually pull together a pretty reliable crew. smile

I think that yours and an other's post are the ones that spoke out to me the most, so far.

Crews are mostly a temporary thing but if one's really serious about the "team-up-forever" idea, they can develop a clan.

A loud and obnoxious "OHHHHHHH!!!" came into my head after reading that. Big sigh of relief? Oh yes, I had one.

I keep hearing of a boss in Old Aqueduct somewhere around the portal so I guess I'll rack up crewmates for that much later (when I have time to play the game again. I'd say...next week, maybe?) after I get my missions together for completion.

Thanks for your offer as well. I will be thinking hard about it.

Dapper Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
By the by, people are saying I'm much too serious about all of this.

You'll be getting more of that. Just my personality. I'm often serious and when I'm not, I'm around my friends offline. So, in other words:

I'm pretty much serious with everything. Be surprised when you see a "xD" out of me.

Omnipresent Lunatic

9,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Crew for Papa Saw (unless you're just doing the quest for Gustav) and Shallow Seas/Sealab X* (Literally not soloable. If you claim to have solo'd it, you didn't)

DMS YM's are solo-able, provided you buffspam in the null and only plan on doing the first two rooms.

*The technical name for EB

Dapper Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Mister Him
Crew for Papa Saw (unless you're just doing the quest for Gustav) and Shallow Seas/Sealab X* (Literally not soloable. If you claim to have solo'd it, you didn't)

DMS YM's are solo-able, provided you buffspam in the null and only plan on doing the first two rooms.

I'm still tip-tapping around for the Gustav quest as we speak. I think I have to complete "Cheri's Sister" first (skipped it to gather more levels. Thanks to the Preda-Pups, my level flew up to 5.6 or something like that).

Shallow Seas/Sealab X? Whoa, never even heard of those two.

I have never reached Dead Man's Shadow and I may avoid it because I'm a chicken like that.

Again, I may make a crew later in the future just to explore these new regions.

P.S.: Why does "Sealab X" sounds a lot more frightening than "Dead Man's Shadow"? :c

Omnipresent Lunatic

9,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Author of Tales
Mister Him

I'm still tip-tapping around for the Gustav quest as we speak. I think I have to complete "Cheri's Sister" first (skipped it to gather more levels. Thanks to the Preda-Pups, my level flew up to 5.6 or something like that).

Shallow Seas/Sealab X? Whoa, never even heard of those two.

I have never reached Dead Man's Shadow and I may avoid it because I'm a chicken like that.

Again, I may make a crew later in the future just to explore these new regions.

P.S.: Why does "Sealab X" sounds a lot more frightening than "Dead Man's Shadow"? :c

Shallow Seas is an instanced area in Gold Beach.

Sealab X is the endboss for Chapter 1 (Village greens - Gold Beach). Dead Man's Shadow is not quite Chapter 2 stuff (we'll never see it finished, so it doesn't really matter)

Sealab X is a massive crab-like robot that you have to fight. First is the tail (23k HP), then the body (36k HP and the arms have 20kHP each---you don't have to kill the arms), then the head (25k HP)

You fight them separately in that order. The reason I say it's unsoloable is not because EB is hard (He actually is soloable if you don't mind spamming power-ups and heals) but because you have to trip 3 switches within 5 seconds of each other.

You can't solo EB without 2 people to activate the switches, and at that point, you didn't technically solo shallow seas/EB

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff