Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sugary Capitalist

Deadmans Shadows is too hard?

Sugary Capitalist

vote if you're too pro comment if it is hard(also tell us why?)

Undead Enchantress

For one thing, it's set at Hard and the devs never put in the Easy and Normal setting. It's supposed to be hard so people learn to work together and plan out their runs.

Sugary Capitalist

good. have finish deadmans shadow?

Destructive Bunny

It's very hard at CL10, but gets easier when you are CL12. The monsters have set CLs.

In my opinion it's not too hard or too pro, but it take so darn long.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Starshine
It's very hard at CL10, but gets easier when you are CL12. The monsters have set CLs.

^^This^^
Yellow Maze get's pretty easy actually by the time you get closer to cl11, and even Green is not so bad with a solid Crew and the right Rings once you've ranked up to 12, but, as Starshine so accurately pointed out, it just takes way too darn long.
My best time through YM, doing all the rooms, is just over an hour.
You could easily expect to double, or even triple that for GR I should imagine, after which there's HPR, which can actually go pretty quickly, then Kam 1 & 2.
I honestly can't see a Crew getting through the whole thing in under six to seven hours, and that would be if everything went flawlessly.

Who has that kind of time?

And don't get me started on collecting all the ingredients for the Recipes! gonk
Six months, and I'm not even close to having half of the Blood Droplets I need to make a Blood Bat!

Destructive Bunny

WideEyed
Starshine

^^This^^
Yellow Maze get's pretty easy actually by the time you get closer to cl11, and even Green is not so bad with a solid Crew and the right Rings once you've ranked up to 12, but, as Starshine so accurately pointed out, it just takes way too darn long.
You could easily expect to double, or even triple that for GR I should imagine, after which there's HPR, which can actually go pretty quickly, then Kam 1 & 2.
I honestly can't see a Crew getting through the whole thing in under six to seven hours, and that would be if everything went flawlessly.

And don't get me started on collecting all the ingredients for the Recipes! gonk
Six months, and I'm not even close to having half of the Blood Droplets I need to make a Blood Bat!

Even just getting from CL11 to CL12 takes long. Instead of the usual progression and needing 11 orbs per 0.1 CL per ring, you need 20 orbs per 0.1 CL per ring.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
assuming everything goes perfectly, here is the estimated time length for each part of dms:
-Yellow Rooms: 1 hour; could be less if you dont do all rooms
-Green Rooms: 2.5-3 hours; this mostly depends on your tank and how the crew cooporates with them. if your tank sucks, you're going to spend a long time in the Green Rooms.
-100% rooms: 10-15 minutes; it's just 3 rooms with some blood bats, and some counts, which arent that hard to kill so long as everybody is healing each other.
-Crypt (kam form 1): 1 hour; this is 4 rooms in which you battle vamps and blood bats, and in each room you lower kamila's health by 25%.
-Null Planet (kam form 2: bloodlust): 1-1.5 hours; it may take a little while for everybody in the crew to get into a rhythm before Bloodlust can be defeated; like the green rooms, this mostly depends on the tank, and a secondary healer. if they suck, bloodlust will be impossible.

Total Time: 6-8 hours

and the chances of doing it perfectly are very small; you would have had to done DMS many times and have lots of experience, as well as have a good amount of your rings at cl 12.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Starshine
WideEyed
Starshine

^^This^^

Even just getting from CL11 to CL12 takes long. Instead of the usual progression and needing 11 orbs per 0.1 CL per ring, you need 20 orbs per 0.1 CL per ring.

At the risk of embarrassing myself...true dat. wink

Still, if you consider the fact that, once you've beaten BL and got all of your Rings to 12, there'll be nothing left to do but grind again, it may not be all bad.
At least the seemingly never ending journey to 43/12 gives you some milestones to achieve while you're grinding for your Recipe Ingredients.

Trying to stay positive while on my 18 month Quest for my Blood Bat. wink

Benevolent Codger

WideEyed
Still, if you consider the fact that, once you've beaten BL and got all of your Rings to 12, there'll be nothing left to do but grind again, it may not be all bad.

That is to say, after you finish all that other grinding, all you'll have left to do is grind. Oh, the horror! gonk

----

I'm personally of the opinion that DMS gameplay is more 'difficult' than it is interesting, and more tedious than it is 'difficult' - meaning any of its genuine appeal is buried under mounds of senseless grinding. The wost part, though, is that the enthusiasm of the players seems to belie just how terrible that is - which makes it difficult for me to hope the developers will actually learn from their mistakes... sweatdrop

A Glitch

WideEyed
Starshine

^^This^^

with a proper crew and aggro method GR and kam 1+2 can be done in under 3 hours!! wink

Omnipresent Warlord

Kam runs are a lot of fun when you can speed through them.

I guess I'm a little spoiled in that regard. In greens I can clear a room in under 5 minutes on average, and so on wed we were able to get to HPR in a hour after clearing 11 rooms.

Hpr shouldn't take more than 15 min.

First form takes about I dunno, half a hour for us now? We clear the 20 enemies that spawn from coffins all at once now, make it can get overwhelming.

BL takes us now between 27 and 40 min on average if no wipes and depending on the attackers, adrener, and how well we do on bat waves. If we can clear a wave in under 45 seconds and Kam regaining less than 2k hp then we are doing well.

There's some time in there for changing out rings to make them most suitable for the area.

So yeah. A little spoiled, I think. Plus I get ornery after a couple of wipes. I need to work on my patience and not getting bent out of shape... I just wish I didn't spend so much money tanking. It's just I end up wasting a ton on every wipe and that adds up real fast.

Magnetic Phantom

Red Kutai

I'm personally of the opinion that DMS gameplay is more 'difficult' than it is interesting, and more tedious than it is 'difficult' - meaning any of its genuine appeal is buried under mounds of senseless grinding. The wost part, though, is that the enthusiasm of the players seems to belie just how terrible that is - which makes it difficult for me to hope the developers will actually learn from their mistakes... sweatdrop

Red, that applies to basically everything on Gaia (imho). ^^

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Red Kutai
WideEyed

That is to say, after you finish all that other grinding, all you'll have left to do is grind. Oh, the horror! gonk

----

I honestly think the whole "difficulty and duration" issue may be far more complex than many of us consider it to be.
Even before DMS was released, zOMG! had been suffering from an appaling lack of dedicated resources from a Dev time standpoint.
I find myself wondering if the ridiculously high numbers of Shorbs and Ingredients required to basically "finish" DMS, might not have been a kind of "after-thought"...a modification of the original setup that may have been made once the people working on it realised that there would be nothing new coming for zOMG! for an excruciatingly long time, if ever.

Had the Shorb requirements followed the established pattern of incrementing by one with each new level, and the Ingredients required for the Epic Recipes been "reasonable", an awful lot of people would have finished DMS by now, and would once more be howling for new content.

I wonder if there might have been a discussion before launching DMS as to the benefits of making it "easier" to finish, thereby keeping people satisfied and engaged, vs making it ridiculously hard to complete and distracting the majority from the fact that there wasn't anything new being added to the game.

Animal Lover

10,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
It's challenging, because it needs a crew and work together

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers