Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Fatcat

16,750 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Champion 300

Destructive Bunny

notwrenja

That's what I tried to push across in my open letter, there's much more than just money involved. They can argue that it makes business sense to pursure facebook all they like, but they don't know what they are missing out on in non monetary values. If zOMG can maintain itself, it's better for all those invovled to hire extra staff for FB so zOMG can keep its dev staff.

But from teh posts from HQ, community values don't matter, only more money does. confused

Stellar Cat

I hope that things can change for zOMG. I know I rarely post in this forum, but I do read threads here often.

I understand everyone's concerns about this and I'm glad the zOMG community cares so much about this. It really shows that zOMG is worth it.

I don't use Facebook. But it looks to me that after the success of Farmville Facebook is trying to turn itself into a viable gaming hub. It looks like something devs would jump on to get their names and talents out there. So I can understand why developing for Facebook might be worth it.
However it is isolating to those of us who, for whatever reasons, do not use that particular social networking site.

It's just a shame that zOMG is taking a backseat to all of this when I think the zOMG community is a lot stronger and more dedicated than the average casual Facebook gamer who may log in from time to time to play a quick game or check their Farmville stuff. This is opposed to a dedicated zOMG player who may spend hours on the game several days a week.

Anywaiz... I didn't want this to turn into a Facebook post. sweatdrop

I know there are a lot of bugs that I hope are addressed. My account has the Leon bug where I can't talk to him after I deliver the lunch box. So I can't finish his quest chain. I heard there's a problem with the DMS quest chain as well.
It would be great if they could put some time into fixing the bugs and resolving the whole Buccaneer Boardwalk quagmire for now. I just hope that maybe sometime in the future things will change and zOMG can get back on it's feet.

Apocalyptic Bunny

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Heckler 50
  • Survivor 150
Starshine
notwrenja

That's what I tried to push across in my open letter, there's much more than just money involved. They can argue that it makes business sense to pursure facebook all they like, but they don't know what they are missing out on in non monetary values. If zOMG can maintain itself, it's better for all those invovled to hire extra staff for FB so zOMG can keep its dev staff.

But from teh posts from HQ, community values don't matter, only more money does. confused

yeah, at the end of the day though, if they don't consider the human factor in all of this, they lose ultimately, because in the end, we'll all end up somewhere else, and they'll have nothing, because they gave nothing.

Destructive Bunny

Tiana Luscinia

Hello and thank you for sharing your opinion, it's great to have the support of our forum mod. Infact you are the only mod we have left, zOMG bugs forum has more mods and assistants.

I'd also like to say thanks for not being a forum Nazi and letting this place developed. I know a lot of threads here may not always be strictly related to zOMG, but they are a great comic relief, especially in the current situation.

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
ooohhh the staaarrr @__@

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
This is a late reply... since well... I started reading yesterday till today...

I have been reading a LOT... and I mean a LOT [Every possible thread/ post I could find on this matter] and well... I am so disappointed and angry and confused all at once...

From what I have been reading, Gaia is going the route of "Let's dump zOMG like a bad habit and work on FaceBook because it is the greetest place evar! emotion_awesome It'll be ok too because we'll just tell them what they want till they stop nagging and all will be cool again"

My reply?

You want ME, as a loyal Gaian and casual zOMG player to play your FB games? F*** YOU. I'll play my broken zOMG, I'll screw around with my nerfed aquariums, and I'll post and do things on GAIA [I will also use your dumb alchemy too] because obviously at least I care about this site, and not any other website like facebook [that is nothing but some Big Brother for major conglomerates to spy on employees to know every little thing about their personal life.] I REFUSE TO PLAY ANYTHING YOU CREATE ON FB. I SHALL NOT BE SEEN AS SOME ENDS TO THE MEANS CASH COW TO YOU. I AM A GAIAN, I AM TIRED OF BEING LIED TO OR MISLEAD INTO CRAP.

So yeah to sum it all up: classified_fu

[I apologize if my reply seems rather jaded, but I think everyone around here is suspicious of the recent going ons with Gaia and everything else especially FB.]

Destructive Bunny

Celeste Starfyre
This is a late reply... since well... I started reading yesterday till today...

I have been reading a LOT... and I mean a LOT [Every possible thread/ post I could find on this matter] and well... I am so disappointed and angry and confused all at once...

From what I have been reading, Gaia is going the route of "Let's dump zOMG like a bad habit and work on FaceBook because it is the greetest place evar! emotion_awesome It'll be ok too because we'll just tell them what they want till they stop nagging and all will be cool again"

My reply?

You want ME, as a loyal Gaian and casual zOMG player to play your FB games? F*** YOU. I'll play my broken zOMG, I'll screw around with my nerfed aquariums, and I'll post and do things on GAIA [I will also use your dumb alchemy too] because obviously at least I care about this site, and not any other website like facebook [that is nothing but some Big Brother for major conglomerates to spy on employees to know every little thing about their personal life.] I REFUSE TO PLAY ANYTHING YOU CREATE ON FB. I SHALL NOT BE SEEN AS SOME ENDS TO THE MEANS CASH COW TO YOU. I AM A GAIAN, I AM TIRED OF BEING LIED TO OR MISLEAD INTO CRAP.

So yeah to sum it all up: classified_fu

[I apologize if my reply seems rather jaded, but I think everyone around here is suspicious of the recent going ons with Gaia and everything else especially FB.]

Hmm, you might be interested to know that Monster Galaxy also has no developers right now. Even though it's been out less than a year. So yes, they'll even ditch their facebook games for more facebook games.

I don't know why anyone will want to play a gaia game since there's almost a guarentee it will be ditched in the future. Although I hear that the new FB games will also be available on gaia, whether as a port like Monster Galaxy which requires you to sign onto FB or whether it will be independent of FB like zOMG remains to be seen.

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Star.

Why are you just so awesome?

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Starshine
Hmm, you might be interested to know that Monster Galaxy also has no developers right now. Even though it's been out less than a year. So yes, they'll even ditch their facebook games for more facebook games.

I don't know why anyone will want to play a gaia game since there's almost a guarentee it will be ditched in the future. Although I hear that the new FB games will also be available on gaia, whether as a port like Monster Galaxy which requires you to sign onto FB or whether it will be independent of FB like zOMG remains to be seen.

I guess I am just tired of hearing about facebook [trust me, if I could write a paper on how dumb fb was I'd probably write ten plus pages] and their stupid games. I mean if Gaia is just going to waste all their money and time into games they'll probably dump anyway, WHY BOTHER? Why not just try and fix what is wrong with the site and the games on this site instead? I do not even USE facebook, I have a name on there, but... I just don't use it. Half the games are dumb or just clones of one another.

And why would I want to connect Gaia with FB anyway? XD

Destructive Bunny

AterAliquis

You haven't been on much D: We need more of your humour in times like this.

Celeste Starfyre

FB games are designed with short life span, easy repeatable tasks that are frustrating to progress unless you spend money. Once gamers catch on or get bored they stopped playing. Therefore that game will have reached the end of its life span and it's time to make another one.

So now companies have gotten even greedier and start making the next game as soon as they finish the current one. That's my take on it anyways, everything for short term profits.

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Starshine

We really should get the internet at our domicile.

Then again we can barely afford to feed ourself and keep a roof over our head, let alone be able to get the internet.

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Starshine
FB games are designed with short life span, easy repeatable tasks that are frustrating to progress unless you spend money. Once gamers catch on or get bored they stopped playing. Therefore that game will have reached the end of its life span and it's time to make another one.

So now companies have gotten even greedier and start making the next game as soon as they finish the current one. That's my take on it anyways, everything for short term profits.

Yeah. = o= Seems the whole idea now is just to make a quick buck and not think of any long term goals... Which makes no sense because it takes more time and effort to make that quick buck instead of just making an idea that will work and have that idea grow into a major benefit for the company.

Then again what do I know? I am no business major XD

Destructive Bunny

AterAliquis
Haha, yeah, food and shelter is more important. Although sometimes I forget sleep in favour of DMS xd

Celeste Starfyre

It's only the current trend, once consumers wise up and stop paying, the companies will have to change their directions too.

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Starshine
AterAliquis
Haha, yeah, food and shelter is more important. Although sometimes I forget sleep in favour of DMS xd

If we have access to zOMG, we delete the word sleep from our mental dictionary.

It's easier that way.

And causes much more entertainment than some would expect.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff