Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salty Aggressor

Rainbow Filled Nights
I've been a bit of a b***h to people about ringsets lately.
and I have no reason to- they usually end up refusing anyway so I chew them out and leave.
There's literally no point in being nice anymore unless you show me a reason to be nice to you- pretty much if you listen to my advice, I'll be nice.
I've seen people with 1 rageable, 12.0 CL, and THEY STILL BRING BANDAGE.
I'm like you're 12.0 why the hell do you need it?" and it's mostly "it keeps my level up" or "because I like it"
dms is nothing but incoherent people these days.

AHAHAHA THIS IS WHY I DON'T TRY TO CREW PPL FOR ANYTHING ANYMORE omg

Vicious Prophet

Rainbow Filled Nights
and I have no reason to- they usually end up refusing anyway so I chew them out and leave.
There's literally no point in being nice anymore unless you show me a reason to be nice to you- pretty much if you listen to my advice, I'll be nice.
I'm like you're 12.0 why the hell do you need it?" and it's mostly "it keeps my level up" or "because I like it"

I like Fire Rain; I don't take it everywhere.

Hot Bachelor

If you tell them kindly. They'll understand.

Hot Bachelor

Whispers of Delusion
Ohhh I joined this reg crew the other day. 4dps'ers had bandy. I got the hell out of that crew.
People look up to you. Don't just leave. crying

Vicious Prophet

Little Innocent Cupcake

You would be surprised. neutral

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
Pan Twardowski
Rainbow Filled Nights

I like Fire Rain; I don't take it everywhere.

I love Shark Attack but you don't see me refusing to take it off.
Sure I'll joke about refusing but in the end I'll take it off if I'm asked to.
It's not hard. e_e

Hot Bachelor

Pan Twardowski
Little Innocent Cupcake

Would I?

Now crew me. I'm a 4.5 and I need to get to 12.0 overnight.

Vicious Prophet

Little Innocent Cupcake
Pan Twardowski
Little Innocent Cupcake

Would I?

You obviously don't DMS so you're not really in a position to say how DMS crews act.

Hot Bachelor

Pan Twardowski
Little Innocent Cupcake
Pan Twardowski
Little Innocent Cupcake

Would I?

You obviously don't DMS so you're not really in a position to say how DMS crews act.

All the other crews I've been in (the one in bill's ranch and kat's doll shrin) are very very nice.
How is dms any different?

Omnipresent Warlord

Reasons for carrying bandage?

1) Because they want to.
Whether you like it or not people do decide to carry rings and if it's between them carrying bandage or not going at all then it's better to have someone along than not. You can tell them they won't need it and they'll never use it and they'll see that for themselves. Just because you don't like them carrying it doesn't mean it's not a reason to bring it.

2) They're new and have no experience with good tanks. Bad tanks can keep aggro more-or-less but who never heal the crew don't inspire confidence and make for bad experiences for new people in DMS and can be avoided by having bandage.

3) The person tanking is at a low level and may not be able to heal themselves and others. It happens sometimes. When I tanked at 10.8 to check orb drop rates I had a really hard time doing it and the crew did take hits I couldn't immediately heal.

Honestly being a DMS snob for YM for people who are new isn't helpful and just excludes people just to exclude them. Ragequiting or refusing to crew with those people doesn't really make things better for anyone.

Shameless Otaku

31,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Omnileech
Reasons for carrying bandage?

1) Because they want to.
Whether you like it or not people do decide to carry rings and if it's between them carrying bandage or not going at all then it's better to have someone along than not. You can tell them they won't need it and they'll never use it and they'll see that for themselves. Just because you don't like them carrying it doesn't mean it's not a reason to bring it.

2) They're new and have no experience with good tanks. Bad tanks can keep aggro more-or-less but who never heal the crew don't inspire confidence and make for bad experiences for new people in DMS and can be avoided by having bandage.

3) The person tanking is at a low level and may not be able to heal themselves and others. It happens sometimes. When I tanked at 10.8 to check orb drop rates I had a really hard time doing it and the crew did take hits I couldn't immediately heal.

Honestly being a DMS snob for YM for people who are new isn't helpful and just excludes people just to exclude them. Ragequiting or refusing to crew with those people doesn't really make things better for anyone.

Everyone goes through the bandy/meat phase. Then they usually become snobs, most people stay in this snob phase. The third phase is the "Willing to listen and understand the other person and explain to them your situation" phase, which I wish to see more people as. For some reason, I don't, which makes me kinda sad. I'm glad you are the third phase ^+^.

Feline Bloodsucker

Little Innocent Cupcake
All the other crews I've been in (the one in bill's ranch and kat's doll shrin) are very very nice.

DMS (YM regular) is structured so a crew consists of 1 good tank, and 5 dpsers who just attack the monsters.
Buffs are assigned so there is an even balance between rageable and non-rageable buffs each person must carry and keep up during the run.
DMS deals with mobs who's CL is 10.0+.
Farming in Papa Saw and the Shrine do not require the high amount of organization that DMS requires.
(Bc it's a 3-5 minute round each while YM may take 1 hour to complete)
^ Bring any ring you want, AoEs are nice (bc you're attacking mobs and not individual monsters like in YM regular) and bring a heal with you. A buff or two would be nice. <-- Basically what you've been exposed to.
:/

Don't think I don't PS or Shine... It's far much easier to manage people doing PS than DMS, which is why I do PS a lot more frequently now xD

+ some people stick to their own ways, no matter how much you say something is wrong, they still think it's right.
^ that's what I learned through random YM regular crews

Hot Bachelor

Macabre Ly
Little Innocent Cupcake

DMS (YM regular) is structured so a crew consists of 1 good tank, and 5 dpsers who just attack the monsters.
Buffs are assigned so there is an even balance between rageable and non-rageable buffs each person must carry and keep up during the run.
DMS deals with mobs who's CL is 10.0+.
Farming in Papa Saw and the Shrine do not require the high amount of organization that DMS requires.
(Bc it's a 3-5 minute round each while YM may take 1 hour to complete)
^ Bring any ring you want, AoEs are nice (bc you're attacking mobs and not individual monsters like in YM regular) and bring a heal with you. A buff or two would be nice. <-- Basically what you've been exposed to.
:/

Don't think I don't PS or Shine... It's far much easier to manage people doing PS than DMS, which is why I do PS a lot more frequently now xD

+ some people stick to their own ways, no matter how much you say something is wrong, they still think it's right.
^ that's what I learned through random YM regular crews

That's... one good lecture.
Dw, once I get to dms, I'll learn everything I can, from lots of different people, I hope.
I still think there are many ways to do things. Some ways might be better than others.

And I like how you striked out "good" in the first sentence.
Just two dps ringsets i've encountered before.

User Image
I don't like you
User Image
And I don't like you either.

D:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items