10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Malignant Virus
Valheita
@Virus: Link wha?
Shiny 100page guide? heart

Well, I kinda need to put some content into my posts now so.
Yeah, their{makata's} info is currently outdated and needs to be re-researched.
Here you go.

As for content, I believe Uron mentioned that this one isn't going to be updated. Which I guess means we still have need for an indepth numerical guide.

Dapper Elder

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
CleoSombra
Valheita
CleoSombra
Valheita
Malignant Virus

My only criticism is that you used the phrase "Annoyer" in place for Crowd Controllers. I use CC plenty of times and I just think it's a bit degrading.
That's the traditional name. xd

Personally, I still prefer the name DPS to Sweeper, but it amounts to the same thing. One thing I am curious about is to whether there's actually a benefit to playing classes. I seem to remember many people claiming that a crew of generalists is best.

Hmm. I wonder if there's a way to test this...

Right now, no. zOMG! isn't so complex (yet), that classes are really needed (or efficient). Having a healer/buffer can be useful sometimes, such as in the hive or SS, but for the most part, they just end up standing around doing nothing (especially because buffs last so long). Acting as a ranged player. . . really isn't efficient when you can do the same with melee rings in a lot less time.

Sure, we can play in classes, but it's really not the most practical way to go.
Oh god, I know how the buffer feels. Following some of the original regs on a SS run as a buffer, I had nothing to do. They didn't take enough damage to warrant it D:

I still think this should be investigated empirically though... Two scenarios I think, a race through the SS and a Hive lasting challenge. See which side gets through SS fastest, and which side lasts longest in the Hive.

You mean have a group go into the hive/SS as generalists and go in again in classes?

I think she means both go in at once, see who clears it fastest / lasts longer. Though a timer would allow one team to go through twice.

Edit @virus: If it was just an ad, I'd agree with you. However they've also offered a resource we can debate how GOOD it is, but it's unquestionably a source of information for people to use.
Nespin Fernagon
CleoSombra
Valheita
CleoSombra
Valheita
Malignant Virus

My only criticism is that you used the phrase "Annoyer" in place for Crowd Controllers. I use CC plenty of times and I just think it's a bit degrading.
That's the traditional name. xd

Personally, I still prefer the name DPS to Sweeper, but it amounts to the same thing. One thing I am curious about is to whether there's actually a benefit to playing classes. I seem to remember many people claiming that a crew of generalists is best.

Hmm. I wonder if there's a way to test this...

Right now, no. zOMG! isn't so complex (yet), that classes are really needed (or efficient). Having a healer/buffer can be useful sometimes, such as in the hive or SS, but for the most part, they just end up standing around doing nothing (especially because buffs last so long). Acting as a ranged player. . . really isn't efficient when you can do the same with melee rings in a lot less time.

Sure, we can play in classes, but it's really not the most practical way to go.
Oh god, I know how the buffer feels. Following some of the original regs on a SS run as a buffer, I had nothing to do. They didn't take enough damage to warrant it D:

I still think this should be investigated empirically though... Two scenarios I think, a race through the SS and a Hive lasting challenge. See which side gets through SS fastest, and which side lasts longest in the Hive.

You mean have a group go into the hive/SS as generalists and go in again in classes?

I think she means both go in at once, see who clears it fastest / lasts longer. Though a timer would allow one team to go through twice.

No. o_O Because the players would be variables in the testing. It'd have to be the same players for all trials (well, a group of SSers and a group of hivers). Otherwise, data would be skewed if one or two members wasn't so good (or was really, really good) on either side.

Dapper Elder

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
CleoSombra
No. o_O Because the players would be variables in the testing. It'd have to be the same players for all trials (well, a group of SSers and a group of hivers). Otherwise, data would be skewed if one or two members wasn't so good (or was really, really good) on either side.

We could make the same argument in the other direction though - using the same set of players for both tests will skew the results based on what they're used to, playing to a build or being a generalist. Whichever one those players are more used to will have an advantage.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Cleo is correct. I meant the same players going through each time.

Of course, there's still the "rings you're used to using" factor, but yeah... we can't really work that out of it... or can we?

Perfect Saint

Valheita
Malignant Virus
Valheita

Here you go.

As for content, I believe Uron mentioned that this one isn't going to be updated. Which I guess means we still have need for an indepth numerical guide.
What? But it seems a few updates behind.
Nespin Fernagon
CleoSombra

We could make the same argument in the other direction though - using the same set of players for both tests will skew the results based on what they're used to, playing to a build or being a generalist. Whichever one those players are more used to will have an advantage.

XD. . .

If a team of me and a few others goes into the hive and Ashno, allies, and a few others go into the hive, it doesn't matter WHAT rings we have, they're gonna do better than us. They can get to wave 100 with nothing but fitness on. x0

We could multiple groups and multiple trials for better data, though. Three groups of hivers do the hive as generalists and then again in classes.

. . .

You're not in Science Camp, are you? D: kiddingily<3

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Myrielle
Valheita
Malignant Virus
Valheita

Here you go.

"All future installments of this resource will be done exclusively within the zOMG Elite battle clan."

So yeah. This is the teaser, you want the real info, you've got to join the clan. It's cunning. Can't blame them though, if you want to succeed you have to offer people something they can't get anywhere else.

Dapper Elder

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
CleoSombra
Nespin Fernagon
CleoSombra

XD. . .

If a team of me and a few others goes into the hive and Ashno, allies, and a few others go into the hive, it doesn't matter WHAT rings we have, they're gonna do better than us. They can get to wave 100 with nothing but fitness on. x0

We could multiple groups and multiple trials for better data, though. Three groups of hivers do the hive as generalists and then again in classes.

. . .

You're not in Science Camp, are you? D: kiddingily<3

I am in Science Camp, yes. >.>''

Ehhh,...variables, always variables! That was mainly me playing devil's advocate though, I know full-well we get less difference by sending one group in twice then sending two groups in.

Perfect Saint

Valheita
Myrielle
Valheita
Malignant Virus
Valheita

Here you go.

"All future installments of this resource will be done exclusively within the zOMG Elite battle clan."

So yeah. This is the teaser, you want the real info, you've got to join the clan. It's cunning. Can't blame them though, if you want to succeed you have to offer people something they can't get anywhere else.
Damn. It's like one of those Gaia Cash offers!

And I don't think it's correct to put out inaccurate information. gonk
Myrielle
Valheita
Myrielle
Valheita
Malignant Virus
Valheita

Here you go.

It's not inaccurate so much as. . . outdated.

Like they're giving out the old, recycled version 1.0 guide, but if you want the updated version 3.0 or 4.0, you need to join the clan.
Uron Teff
Hello fellow zOMGaians,
This tutorial/resources is amongst the most concise and complete zOMG tutorials available and it is publicly made accessible to everyone for chapter one of zOMG. All future installments of this resource will be done exclusively within the zOMG Elite battle clan.

Well, that makes me think of Prima Guides dealing with their horribly inaccurate Pokemon RS Guide... At least you still provide a link to the guild, but it'd be better just to link it to the actual guild thread in question.

...Oh wait! I have to JOIN the clan to see it??? stressed

Perfect Saint

CleoSombra
Myrielle
Valheita
Myrielle
Valheita
Here you go.

It's not inaccurate so much as. . . outdated.

Like they're giving out the old, recycled version 1.0 guide, but if you want the updated version 3.0 or 4.0, you need to join the clan.
I guess I could understand that.
When in Gaia, do as the admins do.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Eh-heh.
Already seen it, though. Was less then interested in the time my espion presented it to me.

Well, g'luck with that.
You know, what I don't understand is why zOMG! Elite seems so desperate for people to join their clan? I once had an interest in joining zOMG! Elite, but I wasn't going to spend gold that I was carefully saving to meet their requirement of someone's avatar needing to be 20k+....Now with this thread with so much misleading and outdated information in which we can only get the current information by joining zOMG! Elite, I find myself pushed even farther from ever joining the clan.

As I see it and by the threads I've seen by zOMG! Elite when I first had interest in joining them a lot of their threads were made mainly for advertising the clan. The only thread by a member of the zOMG! Elite that I have seen that doesn't shove the clan completely in your face is the Complete Maps, Rings, Monsters, Items & More! thread. All the rest shoves the clan in your face with advertising...This one is no different....

So please, members of z!E, please tell me why you seem so desperate to have people join your clan? If you are going to create a thread such as this in the zOMG! forum then why not give us the current data that you have other than the outdated information if you really have it? You do know that not everyone fully reads through posts right? There could be newbies that will read this thread thinking this is the current data on rings and things...And then when they learn how wrong it is, who is going to be the one to blame? I'm sure it will go on you being you mislead them with the information. Their fault for not reading, but then again, your fault for having misleading information in a public forum, especially when people don't read everything that is in front of them.

Maybe you should just lay off the advertising just a bit...You already have plenty of threads advertising your clan, and to make a thread with misleading information just to advertise your clan is rather low.....I would think the zOMG! Elite would be better than that...But I guess not.....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff