Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Elder

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
It's a clever ad, I'll give you that. And while a lot of this information is already available elsewhere (and/or is now outdated) I don't think anyone has compiled it in one place before. On top of that, I'm not sure I've ever seen formulas for the drop to effectiveness if your rings are at varying CLs before.

I will comment that, above being somewhat outdated in places, the comments on sets feel really...useless. What's the point of evaluating every set if every single one is going to be described in a way that makes it sound good? Might be better just giving a blow-by-blow description of the varying rings and their uses.

Edit: Oh, and that zE Announcement header? That's going to draw you a lot of flack. Already has. Come on, tone back on the obvious advertising just a little? You're more likely to get people with a "This guide written by the zE" than by pasting it everywhere. Just a thought.

8,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Pooky Plz
User Image

You didn't mention any names
That's why I said "Who?"
And I then removed myself from the possibilities by saying that I have nothing with them.

I am not going to name drop, because I don't want to offend anyone here, since I know most of the people on this thread and value them a lot.
I just noticed that no newbies were complaining =/

@ nespin: but it is a guide written by zE and it was an annoucement in the clan, and Uron could have even named it the cookie guide, because he has the property right on this this guide and this thread =/ (just same as tyalor said)
It is not like the ToS would permit to say where the guide originally comes from.

~ last comment to all of these posts~

Dapper Elder

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Seraphiel
@ nespin: but it is a guide written by zE and it was an annoucement in the clan, and Uron could have even named it the cookie guide, because he has the property right on this this guide and this thread =/ (just same as tyalor said)
It is not like the ToS would permit to say where the guide originally comes from.

Oh, by no means does he have to change it. It's perfectly allowed under the ToS. But, that being said - the main forums aren't their clan. It's only going to attract negative attention, unfortunately, to have the biiiig banners there and all that.

I'm not trying to be down on them here, even if it is a bit out-dated I like the attempt at getting all the info in one place. If they update it a bit, it'll be useful. I'm just suggesting that they might draw less flak if it looked less like an ad, more like a guide. sweatdrop

If they don't want to change it - eh, ah well. Their choice, yeah?

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Malignant Virus

My only criticism is that you used the phrase "Annoyer" in place for Crowd Controllers. I use CC plenty of times and I just think it's a bit degrading.
That's the traditional name. xd

Personally, I still prefer the name DPS to Sweeper, but it amounts to the same thing. One thing I am curious about is to whether there's actually a benefit to playing classes. I seem to remember many people claiming that a crew of generalists is best.

Hmm. I wonder if there's a way to test this...
Valheita
Malignant Virus
My only criticism is that you used the phrase "Annoyer" in place for Crowd Controllers. I use CC plenty of times and I just think it's a bit degrading.
I haven't heard of it up til now.
Nespin Fernagon
Oh, by no means does he have to change it. It's perfectly allowed under the ToS. But, that being said - the main forums aren't their clan. It's only going to attract negative attention, unfortunately, to have the biiiig banners there and all that.
Eh. IMO, it makes us look more like hypocrites since we're pretending that clan advertising is allowed. Maybe if the advertisements were a little more subtle than "JOIN US NOW! WE ARE 133337! *insert 1000x800 picture here*"..

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Malignant Virus
Valheita
Malignant Virus
Search for annoyer, and make yourself feel better?

D:
Valheita
Malignant Virus
Valheita
Malignant Virus

D:
I referred to [this] guide.
{Yes. I own pokemon platinum/diamond/pearl. Bite me. gonk }

I wouldn't stand being called an annoyer. But again, that's just my opinion.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Malignant Virus
Valheita
Malignant Virus
Valheita
Malignant Virus

D:
I referred to [this] guide.
{Yes. I own pokemon platinum/diamond/pearl. Bite me. gonk }

I wouldn't stand being called an annoyer. But again, that's just my opinion.
I own Diamond, am getting platinum, and have one of the big fancy 100+ page guides to Platinum.

I also have Red, yellow, gold, crystal, pinball, TCG for the Gameboy, FireRed and Ruby. D:

[/derails thread]

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Wow, I totally haven't read this stuff in 43 other places.

But if the zOMG Elite says its new, its new.

Anyways, I suppose if you were a numbers guy you would want statistics and percentages so you could min/max your play style. If it was accurate and not just guess work.

Makatas is still better. It's informative without being wordy and dragging you down with numbers.

But then again what should I expect.
Valheita
I own Diamond, am getting platinum, and have one of the big fancy 100+ page guides to Platinum.

I also have Red, yellow, gold, crystal, pinball, TCG for the Gameboy, FireRed and Ruby. D:

[/derails thread]
Grats! Platinum has really kewl new stuff. {linkmeh?}

I have {/used to have} Blue, Green {chinese version}, Gold, Crystal, Mystery Dungeon Darkness, LeafGreen, Ruby, and Emerald. C:

[/shoves thread off a cliff]
Valheita
Malignant Virus

Personally, I still prefer the name DPS to Sweeper, but it amounts to the same thing. One thing I am curious about is to whether there's actually a benefit to playing classes. I seem to remember many people claiming that a crew of generalists is best.

Right now, no. zOMG! isn't so complex (yet), that classes are really needed (or efficient). Having a healer/buffer can be useful sometimes, such as in the hive or SS, but for the most part, they just end up standing around doing nothing (especially because buffs last so long). Acting as a ranged player. . . really isn't efficient when you can do the same with melee rings in a lot less time.

Sure, we can play in classes, but it's really not the most practical way to go.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
CleoSombra
Valheita
Malignant Virus

Right now, no. zOMG! isn't so complex (yet), that classes are really needed (or efficient). Having a healer/buffer can be useful sometimes, such as in the hive or SS, but for the most part, they just end up standing around doing nothing (especially because buffs last so long). Acting as a ranged player. . . really isn't efficient when you can do the same with melee rings in a lot less time.

Oh god, I know how the buffer feels. Following some of the original regs on a SS run as a buffer, I had nothing to do. They didn't take enough damage to warrant it D:

I still think this should be investigated empirically though... Two scenarios I think, a race through the SS and a Hive lasting challenge. See which side gets through SS fastest, and which side lasts longest in the Hive.

@Virus: Link wha?

Perfect Saint

It's a pretty guide, but these are some of the things I noticed right off the bat.

Not sure about the values you've put up for the rings. Does Hack only use 2.5 Stamina? It's more like Guns and Shuriken have the 2.5 stamina cost rather than Hack.

Is 10 minutes the base duration of buff rings? How come your Adrenaline and Coyote spirit show different durations raged while both rings have similar 600 second durations but when raged, show different values despite similar % boosts. I'm guessing typo?

Both Divinity and Healing Halo now have noticeable effects when raged. For instance, full raged Divinity can restore 2 stamina while standing/walking and 21 while kneeling.

Wasn't Bandaged changed to heal 5x now for 250 HP total at CL 10?

Sorry, for being nerdy, but this is my favorite part of any guide book. I like looking at weapon stats.
Valheita
Shiny 100page guide? heart

Well, I kinda need to put some content into my posts now so.
Yeah, their{makata's} info is currently outdated and needs to be re-researched.
Valheita
CleoSombra
Valheita
Malignant Virus

Oh god, I know how the buffer feels. Following some of the original regs on a SS run as a buffer, I had nothing to do. They didn't take enough damage to warrant it D:

I still think this should be investigated empirically though... Two scenarios I think, a race through the SS and a Hive lasting challenge. See which side gets through SS fastest, and which side lasts longest in the Hive.

You mean have a group go into the hive/SS as generalists and go in again in classes?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff