Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
Kokia Angel
ffreddd123
Uron and our clan members spent a lot of time gathering and analyzing this data, it's not just some lame rip-off of any other guides.

And by the way you made that statement you made it sound rather elitist.

And that sentence right there is why I never stray out into the forums. Just because I belong to a clan with one simple word in it, it automatically changes a simple praising statement to people who did a lot of work into an elitist statement.

"Lanzer and the other founders of Gaia spent a lot of time writing code and doing artwork in order to create this site, it's not just some lame rip-off of Facebook or Myspace."
Yes, I know Facebook and Myspace were founded after Gaia, that's not the point.

PlumpGerty's Significant Otter

Pretty good thread, we've been needing something like this for a while. To all the people who were trolling on the second page, there really hasn't been a thread with all of this information compiled together. And hell, even if there were, it's WAY better than another soulbinding thread.

That said, there are quite a few inaccuracies. I'll try to weed a few of them out later. Also, the section on Classes felt a little out of place. That information really belongs either in your clan forum or another thread. Most of this thread deals with facts, numbers, and little tricks that might not be obvious to new players. The section on Classes, however, is your opinion on how to play the game. In a thread based on primarily on fact, it doesn't really fit.

That's especially true because you don't go in depth at all about the alternative, which is becoming a well balanced player. Rather than restricting yourself to predefined classes or roles, another option is to have well balanced ring set that includes effective attacks, healing, and both buffs for yourself and your crew.

If you do decide to keep your section on classes in this guide, I hope that you'll at least offer an expanded section to breaking out of the confines of predefined roles and encouraging extreme flexibility in regards to ring choice (bringing whatever the crew needs for the situation). I believe that when everyone brings effective attacks, healing, and buffs to a fight, your crew will be a lot more powerful than they would be otherwise.

Also, encouraging people to be ninja-angels.... or ninja-pirates... or hell, to not bring a healing ring.... that just seems wrong. I've played in crews with dedicated healers. The problem? The healer has full stamina, and the attacker is at 0. I've also played in crews with dedicated buffers.... 90% of the time, they don't have the rage to effectively use all their buffs (oh, and during fights, they'll have 100 stamina too xD). I know it's fun to organize people into different classes, but when it comes to actual gameplay, from my experiences, it just doesn't work.

Anyways, yeah.... I kinda went in a lot of different directions. @__@ Sorry for the poorly written post.

Popular Noob

ily makata heart

Okay, here are a few of my suggestions/critiques/comments.

- For the ring data, a few more figures would be helpful. You give the formula for calculating a ring's effect at any CL. Just to make things easier, you should also tell us the what that number is at CL 10. For example, the ring coyote spirit says it gives a dodge bonus of (5 x RCL). Next to that formula, you should write (50 @ CL 10.0). It just makes it easier on the eyes. =)

- Another comment about ring data - When you're listing the durations of the various buffs, you list the time in seconds (For example, Coyote Spirit at RR4 lasts for 1320 seconds). Next to that, you should list that number in minutes that equates to (22 minutes).

- Defib Ring Data is Inaccurate. RR4 only unlocks six rings (and that means that RR3 must be inaccurate as well).
Uron Teff
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Defibrillate

- Adrenaline increases Dodge, not Accuracy
Uron Teff
Adrenaline

- Divinity DOES have an effect increase with rage (as well as an AoE radius increase, if I remember correctly).
Uron Teff
Divinity

- I believe that Healing Halo's effect also increases with rage, although only while sitting, and not standing. I'm not 100% certain about this, but I'm sure you can do a few tests to find out.
Uron Teff
Healing Halo

- For Hunter's Bow, you should make note of how long the speed debuff lasts at each rage rank.
Uron Teff
Hunters Bow

- Improb Sphere does not boost dodge.
Uron Teff
Improbability Sphere - Grants + to dodge. Also chance to reflect damage back
Stamina Cost -
Rage Rank 1 -
Rage Rank 2 -
Rage Rank 3 -
Rage Rank 4 -

- Mantis costs 2 stamina, not 2.5
Uron Teff
Mantis

- Shuriken costs 2.5 stamina, not 3.
Uron Teff
Shuriken

- Teflon costs 10 stamina, not 12.
Uron Teff
Teflon

- Wish costs 4 stamina, not 2.
Uron Teff
Wish

I'm guessing that a lot more of your ring data is outdated/inaccurate, but those are the ones I noticed off the top of my head xP

- It would be extremely helpful if you could calculate the Damage per Second (DPS), Damage per point of Stamina (or every 10 points of stamina), and perhaps (less important) Stamina used per Second for all of the attack rings. With the data you already have, that shouldn't be too hard. The same thing could should be done for the healing rings - Health gained per Second and Health gained per point of Stamina.

- This list is not only outdated, but also isn't very helpful. Perhaps you could use the data acquired from the above calculations to make a new list that has the attack rings that deal the most damage in a single blow, and also the rings that deal the most Damage per Second. DPS is much more helpful and accurate than "Damage done during 10 seconds".
Uron Teff
Additionally to the data above, the Developers provided us with a list of all the attack rings and the damage they do in a given time frame. Basically they distinguished two types of criteria - Attack Rings Listed in Terms of Highest Damge Per Attack and Attack Rings Listed in Terms Most Damage Dealt in 10 Seconds. The results are shown below.

Attack Rings (in order of damage in a single blow)
Hack
Shark Attack
Bump
Mantis
Slash
Dervish
Solar Rays
Guns, Guns, Guns
Shuriken
Heavy Water Balloon
Hunter's Bow
Fire Rain
Hot Foot
Hornet's Nest

Attack Rings (in order of most damage in a 10-second period)
Mantis
Bump
Hack
Slash
Guns, Guns, Guns
Shuriken
Solar Rays
Fire Rain
Shark Attack
Hunter's Bow
Hot Foot
Hornet's Nest
Dervish
Heavy Water Balloon

That's all I can think of for now xP

4,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
Not to mention the lists were ******** STOLEN from me. >_____>
OMFG Taylor
- I believe that Healing Halo's effect also increases with rage, although only while sitting, and not standing. I'm not 100% certain about this, but I'm sure you can do a few tests to find out.
Uron Teff
Healing Halo
It does.

OMFG Taylor

- Mantis costs 2 stamina, not 2.5
Uron Teff
Mantis
This is also true.
Makata
Not to mention the lists were ******** STOLEN from me. >_____>
It's okay little grasshopper. gonk I think it's reportable.
User Image

I don't understand why zOMG Elite claims that the class system belongs to them
The use of "tank" has been around since before WoW.
In fact, I was using "tanks" in Baldur's Gate 2, which was released in 2000.
I think you're stealing someone else's "intellectual property" actually

Also, "Medic" was implemented by the zOMG developers, that term also isn't yours.

This guide was probably directly copied from your clan, which at the time may have been accurate.
I like the fact that no one bothered to double check before going public, and therefore going publicly inaccurate

Actually, some of the rings never did what you claimed that they do. I refer to OMFG Taylor's post.

For constructive criticism, I would delete most of your information and correct it, because leaving it there will just be spreading false information.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's a rule violation for the website.
Pooky Plz
User Image

This guide was probably directly copied from your clan, which at the time may have been accurate.
I like the fact that no one bothered to double check before going public, and therefore going publicly inaccurate

Mm. I think this is probably the biggest problem. The guide is very much outdated.

While everyone has the right to make their own guides and each person could make a zOMG guide if they pleased, I don't think most people here appreciate you posting a "new" guide which is really just an old thread copied and pasted from your clan into here.

Why is it the zOMG Elite Player's Handbook? Why isn't it just the zOMG Player's Handbook? Why is there a mention of the zOMG Elite on every post? You guys know there's a reputation about the zOMG! Elite. . . this isn't helping it.

I think you'd get a lot more positive feedback if the information were up to date and there was only a sentence or two about your clan (as opposed to paragraphs and a bunch of images). Give us some new information, too. Not stuff that's already been repeated on a bunch of other general guides.

it's clearly obvious that a lot of hard work was put into this guide. . . eons ago.

Pooky Plz

For constructive criticism, I would delete most of your information and correct it, because leaving it there will just be spreading false information.
Spreading false/outdated information is something we REALLY want to avoid, especially because things are changing all the time.

To help avoid this, I would suggest that you put a LARGE, bolded, easy to see note that says the date that the information was collected near the top of each post/section. That way, if the guide ever goes out of date, it will be easy to see that it hasn't been updated since August 09 2009 (or whatever date) and that the information could possibly be inaccurate/out of date.

CleoSombra
Why is it the zOMG Elite Player's Handbook? Why isn't it just the zOMG Player's Handbook? Why is there a mention of the zOMG Elite on every post? You guys know there's a reputation about the zOMG! Elite. . . this isn't helping it.
They wrote this guide, so they can name it whatever they want. I don't have a problem with them naming it the zOMG Elite Player's Handbook... because that's exactly what it is. It's a Player's Handbook, written by/for the zOMG Elite.

They probably could tone down the references to their clan, but meh... w/e.
There is one thing while playing zOMG that I have noticed. I'm not sure if it's pure coincidence, or an extra errr...boost of some kind.

Perhaps you guys can help me. I have a ghost ring that I used quite often, but only at a full rage. Whenever I use this ring at full rage my rage boost goes up as well. Even though I've just used up all of the rage. More than half of the rage level is filled up most of the time. While, I'm not complaining it is something I've noticed that differs from other rings.

Any comments on this?

8,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
wow this guide is being flamed a lot,
I if you don't like it guys, then don't use it or post here. And if some people "might" have personal problems with zel, so it would be more reasonable just to avoid posting here at all if you dislike the OP and not ruining the first pages of a guide with bad comments.
I am sure that uron has put a lot of efforts into this guide and so did his friends.
It makes me sad to see that people are acting so biased.
I've read the guide and I like the ghi explanations and the guide itself looks neat and easy to understand for newbies There are so many pictures, which provide exactly this short peace of information, which you are looking for, when you are new to the game.
There are a lot of great guides here, but they include a lot of information, which is more useful for players who are already playing the game for a few weeks (days).
edit: there is no critique, because I have already talked on skype with uron about the thread, while it was still in the test forum.

Friendly Sex Symbol

11,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I'd like to thank you all for the very constructive feedback (especially OMFG Taylor, thank you) and all other comments.

And [Makata] you are right. I took the information from your guide and forgot to give you credit for it. I will change it as soon as possible (i.e. make a list like OMFG Taylor suggested). Until I have done this I will take off the list of the ring damage with a single attack and over a time span of ten seconds. Again, I am sorry that I forgot to give you credit for something that you posted in your thread.

As for all the collected data, I know that there are some errors in there and I know that some ring effects (and effectivenesses) might be outdated. And I will work on that as soon as I can.

Again, thanks for all the feedback. I will try to improve the work the members of the zOMG Elite and I have done in the past.
User Image

Who has personal problems with the zEL here?
I don't even know them.

Do you also like all the "Facts" about the rings that are inaccurate?
Also, I posted constructive criticism in my last post
A few people have made corrections FOR them

There's not much to say about working hard for the wrong facts IMO

8,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
@ pooky ok I edited my post into "might have"
but why do you feel adressed by my comment anyways? =O
I didn't mention your name, did I? stare
User Image

You didn't mention any names
That's why I said "Who?"
And I then removed myself from the possibilities by saying that I have nothing with them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff