Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Little Ai Angel
You know, what I don't understand is why zOMG! Elite seems so desperate for people to join their clan? I once had an interest in joining zOMG! Elite, but I wasn't going to spend gold that I was carefully saving to meet their requirement of someone's avatar needing to be 20k+....Now with this thread with so much misleading and outdated information in which we can only get the current information by joining zOMG! Elite, I find myself pushed even farther from ever joining the clan.

As I see it and by the threads I've seen by zOMG! Elite when I first had interest in joining them a lot of their threads were made mainly for advertising the clan. The only thread by a member of the zOMG! Elite that I have seen that doesn't shove the clan completely in your face is the Complete Maps, Rings, Monsters, Items & More! thread. All the rest shoves the clan in your face with advertising...This one is no different....

So please, members of z!E, please tell me why you seem so desperate to have people join your clan? If you are going to create a thread such as this in the zOMG! forum then why not give us the current data that you have other than the outdated information if you really have it? You do know that not everyone fully reads through posts right? There could be newbies that will read this thread thinking this is the current data on rings and things...And then when they learn how wrong it is, who is going to be the one to blame? I'm sure it will go on you being you mislead them with the information. Their fault for not reading, but then again, your fault for having misleading information in a public forum, especially when people don't read everything that is in front of them.

Maybe you should just lay off the advertising just a bit...You already have plenty of threads advertising your clan, and to make a thread with misleading information just to advertise your clan is rather low.....I would think the zOMG! Elite would be better than that...But I guess not.....
If I were a Gardevoir, this would be the Raltz form.
Minus the interest. Was ne'er interested.
Ignoring the zE promotions, the wordiness is where I'm turned off by the thread.

I enjoy the simplicity of the many zOMG guides. I get about 3 posts in and I'm ready to move on from this guide. If I can't sit and read this, I doubt many new players are going to want to.

I can only really comment on the aesthetics of the guide. As for the information, I don't keep up with it enough to make comments; but from what I've read from other posters, it's not up to date.

As for Makata's comments about:

zOMG Elite Guide, 2nd Paragraph
This tutorial/resources is amongst the most concise and complete zOMG tutorials available and it is publicly made accessible to everyone for chapter one of zOMG. All future installments of this resource will be done exclusively within the zOMG Elite battle clan.

This is the biggest hook I've seen for a clan. Guides are to help people, not to recruit them. It's fairly unethical.

If you are going to make a guide, that may double as an advertisement, at least have the courtesy to have accurate and current information. It looks shoddy and I'm sure that's not what you want this guide to reflect about your clan. Perhaps a do few revisions before releasing a guide like this.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Eien rose
I enjoy the simplicity of the many zOMG guides. I get about 3 posts in and I'm ready to move on from this guide. If I can't sit and read this, I doubt many new players are going to want to.
To be fair, I don't think numerical stats are what new players are after anyway.
Divine_Malevolence
Little Ai Angel
You know, what I don't understand is why zOMG! Elite seems so desperate for people to join their clan? I once had an interest in joining zOMG! Elite, but I wasn't going to spend gold that I was carefully saving to meet their requirement of someone's avatar needing to be 20k+....Now with this thread with so much misleading and outdated information in which we can only get the current information by joining zOMG! Elite, I find myself pushed even farther from ever joining the clan.

As I see it and by the threads I've seen by zOMG! Elite when I first had interest in joining them a lot of their threads were made mainly for advertising the clan. The only thread by a member of the zOMG! Elite that I have seen that doesn't shove the clan completely in your face is the Complete Maps, Rings, Monsters, Items & More! thread. All the rest shoves the clan in your face with advertising...This one is no different....

So please, members of z!E, please tell me why you seem so desperate to have people join your clan? If you are going to create a thread such as this in the zOMG! forum then why not give us the current data that you have other than the outdated information if you really have it? You do know that not everyone fully reads through posts right? There could be newbies that will read this thread thinking this is the current data on rings and things...And then when they learn how wrong it is, who is going to be the one to blame? I'm sure it will go on you being you mislead them with the information. Their fault for not reading, but then again, your fault for having misleading information in a public forum, especially when people don't read everything that is in front of them.

Maybe you should just lay off the advertising just a bit...You already have plenty of threads advertising your clan, and to make a thread with misleading information just to advertise your clan is rather low.....I would think the zOMG! Elite would be better than that...But I guess not.....

Quickness of off topicness:

Aw, what, not a Kirlia? Ah well, Ralts is my top favorite anyways <3 Psychic Pokemon all the way 3nodding

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Little Ai Angel
Divine_Malevolence
Little Ai Angel

Aw, what, not a Kirlia? Ah well, Ralts is my top favorite anyways <3 Psychic Pokemon all the way 3nodding
Because Ralts is the beginning.
Kirlia is somewhat far in, once you've seen some true colors.
And then Gardevoir is...... Not fun. Get the dawn stone and travel down the other path. It's not a pleasant state of existence.
Valheita
Eien rose
To be fair, I don't think numerical stats are what new players are after anyway.
True. But from the title, you wouldn't know that. This "handbook" does not encompass all parts of zOMG. Maybe it should be stated, perhaps in the title, that this is a numerical statistic based guide. So that it's not misleading nor a waste of time for browsing players.

Flaming posts aside, I hope that the creators of this guide do take something from the posters comments and fix their guide. Nothing is above improvement. ^.^
Divine_Malevolence
Little Ai Angel
Divine_Malevolence
Little Ai Angel

Because Ralts is the beginning.
Kirlia is somewhat far in, once you've seen some true colors.
And then Gardevoir is...... Not fun. Get the dawn stone and travel down the other path. It's not a pleasant state of existence.

Hm...I guess I see what you are saying xD Or then again, just may completely lost XDD

Anyways, is there a guide with updated information on rings? Or is it all just out-of-date? I'd defiantly would not have to spend 20k for a avatar just to see some updated information on rings...Yeah, got 500k, but I'm far off from my goal still...And item I would like to have but soooo expensive x.x I see no reason to spend hard earned gold to join a clan just to see a guide...

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Eien rose
Ignoring the zE promotions, the wordiness is where I'm turned off by the thread.

I can only really comment on the aesthetics of the guide. As for the information, I don't keep up with it enough to make comments; but from what I've read from other posters, it's not up to date.

As for Makata's comments about:

zOMG Elite Guide, 2nd Paragraph
This tutorial/resources is amongst the most concise and complete zOMG tutorials available and it is publicly made accessible to everyone for chapter one of zOMG. All future installments of this resource will be done exclusively within the zOMG Elite battle clan.

This is the biggest hook I've seen for a clan. Guides are to help people, not to recruit them. It's fairly unethical.

If you are going to make a guide, that may double as an advertisement, at least have the courtesy to have accurate and current information. It looks shoddy and I'm sure that's not what you want this guide to reflect about your clan. Perhaps a do few revisions before releasing a guide like this.
Ethics?

7,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
I thank everyone for their feedback so far. I'm not sure how much will be implemented (it's up to Uron to decide what he wants to change), but rest assured that we've read it.
I'm going to refrain from replying to most of it, since a lot of it seems to be coming from people who care more about arguing about the way we do things than wanting to help us make it better.

If you want to hear my take on something, feel free to ask it and I'll do my best to respond. But if you're just going to insult for the sake of insult I'm going to have to pass on that.
ffreddd123
I thank everyone for their feedback so far. I'm not sure how much will be implemented (it's up to Uron to decide what he wants to change), but rest assured that we've read it.
I'm going to refrain from replying to most of it, since a lot of it seems to be coming from people who care more about arguing about the way we do things than wanting to help us make it better.

If you want to hear my take on something, feel free to ask it and I'll do my best to respond. But if you're just going to insult for the sake of insult I'm going to have to pass on that.
Like some may have stated, I'd like to see a more accurate ring guide without having to join anything.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
I now see my opportunity to revive the ring guide at last

*glint of long-lost passion and fury deep within these jaded eyes*

GEN LIVES!

HE WILL DELIVER UNTO THE PEOPLE OF THE zOMG FORUM THE THREAD THEY WANT!

[/capslock]

7,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
Foxxe
ffreddd123

Like some may have stated, I'd like to see a more accurate ring guide without having to join anything.

I believe the information in the clan is the same as what is here. I think Uron has been busy doing other things and hasn't updated it much, if at all, since most of the recent updates.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
ffreddd123
Foxxe
ffreddd123

I believe the information in the clan is the same as what is here. I think Uron has been busy doing other things and hasn't updated it much, if at all, since most of the recent updates.

I am beginning to severely doubt that there are any truly beneficial qualities to this thread then.

It looks a lot like this thread was just made to have a thread with the name "zOMG Elite" on the front page and I don't think that's what you guys want so let it sink, and when he can update it and thus create a productive thread then bump it back up.

I don't want anything to happen to my favorite rivals <3

Friendly Sex Symbol

11,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I just wanted to say, that I will update this thread here as soon as possible.

As for the ring data, I believe that it is up to date, but that there are mistakes in there (typo's or whatever). I will correct that (also) as soon as possible.

As for the name and the post style I used, I believe that is my choice and my choice alone. I haven't seen it on this board that people come marching in a thread just to question the thread name and the post style. To anyone, if you want to comment on esthetics of the thread, on how you do not like the post style and why you hate numbers, please PM me rather than post here. This thread is for feedback with regards to the content.

Thank you.
Uron Teff
I just wanted to say, that I will update this thread here as soon as possible.

As for the ring data, I believe that it is up to date, but that there are mistakes in there (typo's or whatever). I will correct that (also) as soon as possible.

As for the name and the post style I used, I believe that is my choice and my choice alone. I haven't seen it on this board that people come marching in a thread just to question the thread name and the post style. To anyone, if you want to comment on esthetics of the thread, on how you do not like the post style and why you hate numbers, please PM me rather than post here. This thread is for feedback with regards to the content.

Thank you.

So in order to get a reply to my post, I must PM you? In my opinion everyone deserves to know the answers to the questions in my previous post. But if I must PM you, I will.

I mean even in a post you say:
Uron Teff
This thread was posted in our Clan three months ago. I decided to make it public so that everyone can have a glimps at what we researched.

So it's basically been posted to advertise the zOMG! Elite clan? Posting a guide just so that people can get a 'glimpse' at what you've researched? And by going by what everyone has posted, whom are mainly the zOMG! regulars, it's out-of-date and you also said in another post 'you know that some ring effects (and effectivenesses) might be outdated'. Now your saying that you believe the data to be up-to-date....? Something doesn't sound right here.....

I'm not trying to flame/troll your guide, Uron, or the zOMG! Elite. As I said, I use to be interested in joining the zOMG! Elite and now...I'm not all that interested. You all seem like a wonderful clan and all, but the number of threads the zOMG! Elite have advertising the clan has gotten out of hand...With such a thread as this that if anyone wants to see the updated information or full guide then they must join the clan it resides in, in which anyone will take this a advertising the clan.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff