Welcome to Gaia! ::

Half way through writing up this thread I got the feeling I had written before....

You did. Good job on failing. 0.31707317073171 31.7% [ 13 ]
If you did, I didn't see it... 0.68292682926829 68.3% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 41 ]
< 1 2

mai577
people are sometimes retarded, in a sense that they take to pointless activity to make others feel bad for thier own enjoyment and self esteem. people like this have problems and should stay out of trouble by just keeping thier fat mouths closed. they can go eat onions for all we care.

Regardless. There is nothing wrong with wanting your team members to be willing and able to do their jobs.

So even if you're a well meaning intelligent gamer that likes to give people chances... You're still going to choose the generic "build" over the guy who's trying something new. If for no other reason then to avoid your team mates' whining.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Naska-191
If the ranged Attack is higher dmg and or hit n run works u wont need the Hammer, if the Hammer is stronger it would prolly turn out to be better to use a passive Ring for more health/armor whatever since ud just loose killing speed wasteing time with ranged attacks...

It is posible that 2 Rings could be ok usefull... but more likely it wont.
There are tons of reasons why having access to multiple attacks is a good thing. Different attacks work better in different situations. For example, it's been all but officially declared that this game will involve different enemy and attack "types", so a given enemy may take more damage from fire than ice, while another takes practically no damage from any energy attack and has to be brought down with swords and such...if you try to stick to one attack you're going to get wasted by opponents who resist that attack type.

Sparkly Wizard

10,725 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Novice Mage 100
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I think the idea is to make it so people use ring sets while partying with other people who are using different ring sets ('tank', 'healer', 'caster' and so on) and while soloing you can use a variety of rings.

For example, it wouldn't be a bad idea for most, if not all, the people in a party to have a Defibrillator ring, which would be completely useless when soloing.

I have a feeling that most people will do what they like. Personally, I don't have a preference of a specific class. I like balanced, with both melee and magic.

Having ring sets makes it easier to fight bosses and such because of the bonuses, but if you needed more variety when fighting normal monster, that's just as easy to change.

I can see where you're coming from, though. I wouldn't worry about it until we get more details. :3

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
I suck at builds in MMO's because I always do what I want to do.

"******** you guys, I'll use my ice magic rings with agility and melee all I want so screw off!"

Q really wants to keep everyone having their own custom experience so hopefully it'll be less about whats the strongest builds but more of a question of play-style.
this prob is kind of like the "survival projet" (if you put a set of same element, you have 10 more % bonus. but some of the equip doesn't give as much as other element do in a way) i think it should be totally free bonus, so that no one will have the same set of rings
Platonix
There are tons of reasons why having access to multiple attacks is a good thing. Different attacks work better in different situations. For example, it's been all but officially declared that this game will involve different enemy and attack "types", so a given enemy may take more damage from fire than ice, while another takes practically no damage from any energy attack and has to be brought down with swords and such...if you try to stick to one attack you're going to get wasted by opponents who resist that attack type.

U know where ur goin to trian and what type of Ring will fit most/best.
But actualy Elements/slice/stab ect will make a diff especialy for PvP so even if the "best/fastest" lvl places would all be weak to fire ud atlast have a reason not to use fire all the time.

Well let's just see how it works out.
you know i havent really heard qix sey something about elements or enemy weak points
RAFAKUN MORRY
you know i havent really heard qix sey something about elements or enemy weak points

Yeah... Neither have I. neutral

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
Redimus
RAFAKUN MORRY

Yeah... Neither have I. neutral
I'm given to understand that Iceketch's comics are based on conversations he's had with the devs; one of them, the one on Ring Sets, says so in a footnote. In the last panel, the one on group tactics mentions enemy strengths and weaknesses and advises picking up a "Scan" ring to learn those strengths and weaknesses. I forget offhand where else I've heard it from at least a quasi-official source, but I'm pretty sure that's not the only place.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
Okay, I just finished poring through AskED The Admin, and found this. Make of it what you will.

Platonix: Question about how Gaia Battle is going to work: will there be different attack types, or elements, like fire, ice, lightning...with monsters taking extra damage from attack types they're vulnerable to, and taking reduced damage from attack types they're resistant to?

kirbyUFO: spork and i animated a series of pretty fun elemental attack overlays, similar to how they work in diablo ii - i.e., stacking on top of the original attack effects. i'm not sure how exactly they're going to work, but i think they're gonna end up in there.

7,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Clambake 200

The way I assumed that bonuses would go would be to have a slight bonus for similar typed rings. EG.

HP Cure Ring
MP Cure Ring
Status Cure Ring

If you wear all together, you'd get a 10% higher heal (or chance of healing, for the status one). If it's just 2, it'd be 5%, if it was 4, it'd be 15%.

It wouldn't make a massive difference if you didn't have lots of heal rings, but if you do have, say 7/8 heal rings then you'll be rewarded for your dedication to healing by having a stronger heal. This would go with elements, or things like short ranged/long ranged attacks too.

But we don't know a lot, so who knows. xD I don't think gaia is going to make it so that you have to wear rings in sets though.
yeah it still kinda bothers me too whats the point

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces