Welcome to Gaia! ::

Correct?

Indeed 0.68 68.0% [ 17 ]
"Objection!" 0.12 12.0% [ 3 ]
Pies are square 0.2 20.0% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 25 ]
1 2 >

They're there to make you look cool!

I don't understand why so many people must complain about using the weapons you get in the monthly collectibles. You paid money to look better.
If the battle system was designed to use the MC weapons, then the MC system would be considered even more unfair. Then eventually your ever so stylish weapon would be rereleased until it was boringly common.

Why fear using rings if you still get to swing around a sword like some cool ninja? People seem to be forgetting that Gaia is not meant to be like the hundreds of other MMORPGs out there, because there are hundreds of MMORPGs that offer that style.
Actually no body paid to look better, they donated to Gaia Online due to the fact that they appreciate it. The Monthly Collectibles are only a sort of incentive, but if gaia didn't want to they wouldn't 'have' to give you a monthly collectible, considering it's a donation
...Isn't that totally beside the point?

Hasn't everything been equipped thus far as a matter of looks?
Kurai Kagechi
...Isn't that totally beside the point?

Hasn't everything been equipped thus far as a matter of looks?

Not really, it only enforces the fact that they're lucky to get some of the best items for donating, why complain about not getting to use it when it's only there for looks
I beleive the monthly collectables are more so just a badge that says you support Gaia by donating, and truthfully if they made them usable in the MMO it would be a bit unfair and boring.
weapons are expensive because they are limited

they become common their price lessen

if they want weapons

sell weapons at low prices where a noob can buy them
When most of these kids pay for a monthly collectable, I am pretty sure the thought of "donating" is beside the point. Donating may be one of em' but hell, I think getting rich in the marketplace is the real incentive. My opinion. Its obvious then why people want to use the weapons they have. Because they are damned cool. But I don't mind the rings. I like what I saw in the last announcement. What would be cool is if you had a weapon right, like the Ancient Katana or the Flame Sword you would get a free corresponding ring with that weapon to be used in game. Now wouldn't that make everybody happy?
They were always about looks, everything on the site is about looks. I really don't get people spazzing out about weapons *shrug*

Magnetic Sex Symbol

6,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Hygienic 200
Rath Von Hanabi
When most of these kids pay for a monthly collectable, I am pretty sure the thought of "donating" is beside the point. Donating may be one of em' but hell, I think getting rich in the marketplace is the real incentive. My opinion. Its obvious then why people want to use the weapons they have. Because they are damned cool. But I don't mind the rings. I like what I saw in the last announcement. What would be cool is if you had a weapon right, like the Ancient Katana or the Flame Sword you would get a free corresponding ring with that weapon to be used in game. Now wouldn't that make everybody happy?

while i like the idea of a ring that corresponds to a weapon, that still detracts from the fairness as "rich" players could have one instantaneously. if the ring in question were available as a result of a quest or any other means that involved WORKING for it then yes, i think it would be a good idea.
If weapons r used in the MMO is it just the start?
what about armor?
Kuurosakii
Rath Von Hanabi

while i like the idea of a ring that corresponds to a weapon, that still detracts from the fairness as "rich" players could have one instantaneously. if the ring in question were available as a result of a quest or any other means that involved WORKING for it then yes, i think it would be a good idea.

Well yeah, but if the poorer players would have the ordinary rings that have weapon attributes, it would just mean that they wouldn't have that particular weapon that is around 10k and up. Rich players are going to get better stuff anyway right? At least they'd be able to play still. Besides, I mean how hard is it to get a Sword of Aegis or a Flame Sword? I got mine when I was only 3 months into Gaia and that's slow! I'd understand if it was a Katana. I don't care about lazy, childish, spoiled noobs, but if you're a noob who is determined and makes an effort, you will be able to make it and the game would still be fun for em' trying to reach their goals just like everybody else. smile
Eizien
weapons are expensive because they are limited

they become common their price lessen

if they want weapons

sell weapons at low prices where a noob can buy them

what if we dont want a weapon, even if I could afford them I wouldnt want them, and then the rich will buy like 700 ancient katanas

Smitten Vampire

18,925 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
Syaoran Moeroo
Actually no body paid to look better, they donated to Gaia Online due to the fact that they appreciate it. The Monthly Collectibles are only a sort of incentive, but if gaia didn't want to they wouldn't 'have' to give you a monthly collectible, considering it's a donation

Well, to be truthful, some people did pay to look better. Those who didn't donate and bought them from the marketplace did so because they liked the item and wanted it to enhance their avatar. Usually. ^^ At least, that's why I did it.
in a game were our real attacks are nod bound to limited amo or mana
melee attacks are useles they aare onely used when you dont have mana or dont whana use manna like the melee attacks in the shooting games
if you had limitles amo youd never use the stupid knife in resident evil
or the punch attack in halo unles you actualy feel like going close to a tanck and wale at it whit your fist aldo that be fun to see rofl

i know weapons are cool bt bolive me id rather have the melee skill from the mantys ring than a weapon thats useles unles you run out of amo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff