+1 1 100.0% [ 147 ]
Total Votes:[ 147 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 >

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
I'm just wondering if, in light of [JK]'s posting today, this is still on.

Despite the faint glimmers of hope that [JK] proferred, it still sounds to me like zOMG! is going into permanent stasis.
Any hints that people might ever work on it again were all prefaced by phrases like "if we have free time", and such, whereas the negatives seemed far more concrete.
I get the sense that zOMG! requires a huge amount of resources to do any real work upon, whereas new games utilize new, more common tech, and are thusly cheaper and easier to make.

It really feels to me that nothing we can say or do is likley to change the current situation.

Just sayin.

I dunno...I'm still coming and going over the whle thing I guess.

6,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
WideEyed
I'm just wondering if, in light of [JK]'s posting today, this is still on.

Despite the faint glimmers of hope that [JK] proferred, it still sounds to me like zOMG! is going into permanent stasis.
Any hints that people might ever work on it again were all prefaced by phrases like "if we have free time", and such, whereas the negatives seemed far more concrete.
I get the sense that zOMG! requires a huge amount of resources to do any real work upon, whereas new games utilize new, more common tech, and are thusly cheaper and easier to make.

It really feels to me that nothing we can say or do is likley to change the current situation.

Just sayin.

I dunno...I'm still coming and going over the whle thing I guess.

There's always something we can do.
Although we can't completely change our current situation, maybe we can use the little bargaining power we have. Who knows.

Aged Noob

I wish we could volunteered to help out developing zomg.v_v

Moonlight Survivor

9,500 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Survivor 150
Raaargh,It's almost 11pm in my timezone! >:U I won't be able to participate,but I'll stay around in Bass'ken Lake to remind people,if possible.

I'll do whatever I can to help the game. If it got into Maintence Mode,there's still a chance that it might get back to its former glory. And this time,we can't miss the oportunity.

Cold Creature

sounds laggy for me, But I'll be there emotion_awesome ...
atleast try to xd

Hype Master

18,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
It would be SO awesome if Gaia allowed volunteer developers--ones with credentials of course. They would have to sign a contract just like moderators, so it protects the company from abusers. zOMG could see a lot of love from that setup.

6,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
II HazelSkye II
It would be SO awesome if Gaia allowed volunteer developers--ones with credentials of course. They would have to sign a contract just like moderators, so it protects the company from abusers. zOMG could see a lot of love from that setup.

I was actually going to propose this as a suggestion.
rofl
Although I can't program a microwave to save my life, maybe we could find someone who can spare a tiny bit of their free time to help JK and swarf for little buggy things and recycling events, all that jazz.

Hype Master

18,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
petiele
II HazelSkye II

rofl
Although I can't program a microwave to save my life, maybe we could find someone who can spare a tiny bit of their free time to help JK and swarf for little buggy things and recycling events, all that jazz.

Indeed. THe only problem is that the person who helped them would have to be near Gaia HQ. They'd need access to their computer room/servers/etc.

OMGOMGOMG. What if they had an INTERNSHIP POSITION?!?! :O You can get interns for free all over the place these days.

6,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
II HazelSkye II
petiele
II HazelSkye II

rofl

Indeed. THe only problem is that the person who helped them would have to be near Gaia HQ. They'd need access to their computer room/servers/etc.

OMGOMGOMG. What if they had an INTERNSHIP POSITION?!?! :O You can get interns for free all over the place these days.

emotion_jawdrop

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Dammit, I won't be available that day ;_;
As far as I´ve read there will be ZOMG. But there wont be no more new stuff.
So it´s not that bad. And they gave us a wonderful DMS dungeon, which I havent explore further YR.

So it´s ok if they take a break. I need to catch up to all those CL12

6,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
Sathurnus
So it´s not that bad. And they gave us a wonderful DMS dungeon, which I havent explore further YR.

I don't mind a break from updating either, what gets me is that the break is probably going to be permanent. sweatdrop
petiele
Sathurnus

I don't mind a break from updating either, what gets me is that the break is probably going to be permanent. sweatdrop

I dont think it will permanent smile Perhaps not anytime soon.

6,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
Already got my neon outfit on, since I have nothing else better to do. emo

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
I'll be there, but Val can't make it. She'll be there in spirit, at least.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff