1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 >

6,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
What: An unofficial meat to save zOMG!

When: Saturday, March 3rd noon PST

Where: Otami Ruins

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Theme: I AM items

Server: First alphabetically

Why: To further elaborate on some ideas brought up at the original meat, and discuss further information given to us at the AtA (although it wasn't much)

Let's get together and not give up!

Brooklyn Rage Mage
To all who Missed the Meat.

We discussed a lot of things today, and I'll post mainly what I caught, and other things mentioned.

Ideas for zOMG!

Number 1: Glitches and You: What glitches exist and where. Obviously, we make an actual thread for all of the glitches that exist, no matter how small. Screenshots of the incident, what's happening, and a detailed description always helps.

Number 2: Advetising Inside and outside of Gaia. Talk to your friends about the kickassness of Gaia in other MMOs and Tetris Friends! This can also include recruitment of Marketing students as players! Being lab rats for a marketing analysis, give the data to the Admins at ATA. We can even hold a zOMG day and advertise it around the site, trying to promote our little game.

Number 3: Newbie Guides and Rings: Giving a helping hand to the new kids on the block and making their ring sets better. Red Kutai is currently at work at making a better tutorial for the beginning of the game. Special newbie helpers could adopt a newbie throughout the game, or even join a "Newbie Guide" Guild/Clan to specifically assist people.

Number 4: Make a learning system for the WHOLE GAME, not just a basic tutorial at the start. As in, Village Greens teaches you attacking and healing, along with the other basics (Duh). Bill's Ranch gives you emphasis on Crews and how much better off you'll be inside of them. Zen Gardens can emphasize learning to buff and what Buffs actually do. It expands from here.

Number 5: Rings Ideas and Mobs: Brand spanking new rings ever 1-3 months, and user-c reated Animated. Area ideas too.

Number 6: Clans and You: Perma-Chat rooms and Clan Chat fixed.

Number 7: Summons that attack, buff, just perform actual actions!

Number 8: Epics in every Area: More loot hunting for the ones who seek new items, plus Alchemy Formulas?! Maybe even a few Gaians could create new Epics for us....

Number 9: Site Integration and One-Time Recipe Drops: Bringing zOMG back to Gaia, and trying to get more main site users. Give more Main Site users to play zOMG other than just Alchemy loot. AND ANNOUNCEMENTS, GUYS. Also, allowing the one-time recipes to be a little more available for Alchemy or completely removing them altogether. Even adding a higher rate for alchemy loot drops or component drops period.

Number 10: I'M POWERING UP!: A new Power-Up or two that will draw some players, and make a little cash on the side. Luck boosting power-ups, Double Gold, Double Shadow Orbs, a Re-release of Cure (When they fix it), Revive (Deluxe), etc.

Number 11: I'm so boss, I'm in my own comic: Create special manga contests that allow the users to make new storyline manga for zOMG. We could even make new boss enemies, with tougher fights. Also, there should be a change to the loot drops that the bosses actually give out, giving their own special Epic Recipes.

For those that attended the Meat, feel free to chime in on anything I may have missed sweatdrop

The Integrity ring was brought up into a Monetization discussion, and even though an answer was never settled upon, we did come to this: Even if other players get cut out from content, Integrity probably won't get re-released. The Elitism that spreads from the ring is something that we must battle ourselves, Integ or no.

Kill Badges and Difficulty settings for DMS were brought up, but unavailable at this time. The code for badges is currently all out of wack, and needs a tune-up before we get badges. DMS may not see Difficulty settings for a while, seeing as we have a lack of people to tamper with it at the moment.

TL;DR: 1) List glitches and locations
2) Advertise in and out of Gaia
3) Newbie Guides and Rings
4) Make a learning system for the WHOLE game, not just tutorial.
Add tool tips to loading screen.
5) Ring ideas and _____
Every 1-3 months new rings
User-generated animated/or ideas to devs

Fix Clan Chat.
Add Permanent Chat Rooms for clans.
When Towns 2 comes, link towns to clans and have a clans building in Towns.
Clan Dots (like ones for self, crew, friends).
Pets with passive buffs
Discussion-Rebuffing
Improve recipe attire.
Have the Gnome General drop gnome figurine recipe.
Discussion-The Green Maze Glitch
Add different levels for DMS.
High quality avatar items.
Use Community-submitted art
Coliseum Awards
Add: new rings, new cash shop rings, an OMG I Am, other animated as I Am items, pirate fluff?

EDIT 1: Added two new ideas that were actually at the Meat, thanks to Star jogging my memory.

EDIT 2: Thanks to jellykans, I'm updating my post with the rest of the missing information. Talk about a page stretcher! sweatdrop
Count me in petiele =) Great idea!

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
So is this happening now?
I sadly lack rainbow items but I will be there.
Tigrosharu
So is this happening now?
I sadly lack rainbow items but I will be there.

No its going down on the 25th.

Perfect Pitcher

Why don't we discuss it now? D:
-Shiny_Tsukkomi-

If we were to do it now then we wouldnt get as many people, this gives time for people to learn about the event that is going on here.

6,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
-Shiny_Tsukkomi-

I just wanted to get as many people as possible together. The more ideas the better!

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
we can do a pre meetup meeting to get some ideas then toss more around later.

I think it is a good plan.

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
count me in

IRL Vampire

Kurochan1
-Shiny_Tsukkomi-

If we were to do it now then we wouldnt get as many people, this gives time for people to learn about the event that is going on here.
frankly, while a zOMG meeting would seem more "appropriate" it would probably be more productive to have it as a forum discussion so even people that can't make it (or missed the memo) can read up and get involved.
Tigrosharu
we can do a pre meetup meeting to get some ideas then toss more around later.

I think it is a good plan.

Well of the idea comes down to a boycott we would need alot of people for it.

GO

10,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Wall Street 200

Perfect Pitcher

Kurochan1

petiele
I just wanted to get as many people as possible together. The more ideas the better!

Then let's at least get a head start...y'know, in this forum. ^^"

Regardless, it's a nice idea~
It would be even more epic if you can scrape together some devs to visit.

6,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
Aseres
Kurochan1
-Shiny_Tsukkomi-

frankly, while a zOMG meeting would seem more "appropriate" it would probably be more productive to have it as a forum discussion so even people that can't make it (or missed the memo) can read up and get involved.

Or we could do both. wink

Lonely Member

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I don't know if I have to work or not that Sat, but if not, I'll be happy to join. *puts on rainbow background with avi*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff