• Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Hermeneutic
Nespin Fernagon
Hermeneutic
Nespin Fernagon
Crews and you: ...supporting roll

In your "Crews and You" bubble, you typed "supporting roll" instead of "supporting role". XD Nothing serious, but I just had a little laugh while reading it.

So I did! Lets fix that, shall we?

That'd be great. And thanks for this awesome guide! Wish I read about the rings and movement earlier. ,_, I was clicking everywhere and lagging like mad.

Quite welcome. 3nodding

Miss Perfection's Fangirl

Man-Hungry Lovergirl

12,750 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Elocutionist 200

Greedy Fairy

7,350 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Thanks for the help

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Nice thread. You might want to edit the earlier posts to let folks know that Fortune's Favor rings are not soulbound, even after being equipped. Is the same true for Sugar Rush and Sweetheart?

Dapper Elder

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Ratttking
Nice thread. You might want to edit the earlier posts to let folks know that Fortune's Favor rings are not soulbound, even after being equipped. Is the same true for Sugar Rush and Sweetheart?

Yes it is - however I figure that, to be honest, anyone who has been here long enough to have one of those rings will know their state.

I'll consider it though.

Dangerous Genius

Ki-yah! *Bumps*

Still waiting for a new tutorial to make this thread obsolete. wink
Nespin Fernagon
Using Your Rings

Your rings soulbind. You'll never sell them. We mean it. You'll see this message in here a lot, because people KEEP ASKING over a year after the fact.

Lets face it, you're not just here to talk to people. You want to kill some things while you're at it! To do that, you're going to need to use your Rings - and to do that, you're going to need to know how to target things. As such....

--- Targeting ---

Rings work three different ways. Some need to be targeted at an enemy to work. Some need to be targeted at an ally (or yourself!) to work. Some do not need to be targeted at all - if you use them, they work. In most cases, you need to know how to target.

The simplest way to target is to use that mouse - point at whoever you want to affect, and click on them. Bam. They're targeted. This works on friend and foe alike, but can be a bit annoying to do if you're in a hurry. There are some short-cuts you can use however.

For targeting your Crewmates, there's the Crew Panel. Simply click on their portrait in the Crew Panel, and if they're on screen you've selected them. That's a hell-of-a-lot faster.

User Image

If you need to target yourself, the spacebar will do it in one button press.

For targeting enemies, pressing the ~ or q button will allow you to cycle through all the enemies on screen. Normally it starts with enemies closest to you, but I have seen it go wonky sometimes - make sure to look at what's being targeted, lest you attack the wrong animated.

--- Rings ---

Now you have a target. Great. You need to actually do something to it though - and that's where your rings come in. You can wear up to 8 rings at a time, and every one of them does something different. You're going to have to learn what your rings do yourself, but generally speaking...

- Healing rings affect you and your allies. You'll need to target someone to use bandage or wish, diagnose is an AoE(Area of Effect) centered on you. Be aware that Wish only affects allies.

- Buff rings affect you and your allies. You need to target these in the current build, but most buffs will affect the entire crew of the person targeted (if they're all on-screen, that is).

- Attacks, debuffs, and crowd-control affect your enemies. Most of these rings require you to target an enemy to be used, although there are a couple which are simply an AoE around you.

- Passive rings are always active - if you've equipped them, they're working. Right now there are three passive rings (Fitness Fortune's Favor, and Sugar Rush). If they're equipped, they're working.

To activate a ring, either click on its picture or use the number button 'linked' to that slot - they go from 1 to 8 for rings from 1 to 8.

User Image

--- More bang for your buck - RAGE ---

You may have noticed the red-bar in the lower right part of your screen.

User Image

This is your RAGE meter, and you can use it to power-up your rings effects. The rage meter fills up as you use your rings, or as you get attacked. Every ring can be activated at a higher level of rage by holding down the button as you activate it - either the mouse button if you're clicking, or the number button if you're using that method. Just having the bar filled up doesn't do the trick, you need to hold your button to USE that filled up bar.

User Image

See? The dark red is how much you have. The lighter red is what it looks like when you're actually USING rage.

There's four rage levels. Rage Rank 1 is a ring that has no rage in it - the 'default' so to speak. The other rage ranks can be used by charging your rings to the following positions.

User Image
User Image
User Image

Use that rage wisely, it can make your life a lot easier - adding Rage to a ring can increase it's area of effect, add to it's damage, make it heal more, or even add special buffs/debuffs that it didn't have at lower levels. Experiment with rage, you won't regret it.

--- Getting more rings ---

You don't start off with every ring in the game. Don't sweat it - getting more rings is easy. Just play the game to gain more! Complete quests, some of them offer rings as rewards. Kill animated, sometimes they'll drop a random ring for you.

Sometimes when you get a new ring, it'll be a ? - see the Common Issues post lower down.

In the game's tutorial sequence you'll be given a Guns Guns Guns ring.

this guide is really helpful, especially since im new. just 2 question though. i just started playing zomg and u know how in village greens leon (the commander) tells you to go see elizabeth. she gives u some orbs nd tells u to upgrade your ring to lvl 2. does she mean lvl 2 like 2.0 or like 1.1 or 1.2? and another thing even when i upgrade my ring (or rings) my ring's lvl wont match my CL. like if one ring is 2.0, it'll still say 1.0 . or if i have 2 rings and they're 2.1, my CL reads 1.5. i dont supress my lvl either. is this normal??

Dapper Elder

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
II REHMA II

this guide is really helpful, especially since im new. just 2 question though. i just started playing zomg and u know how in village greens leon (the commander) tells you to go see elizabeth. she gives u some orbs nd tells u to upgrade your ring to lvl 2. does she mean lvl 2 like 2.0 or like 1.1 or 1.2? and another thing even when i upgrade my ring (or rings) my ring's lvl wont match my CL. like if one ring is 2.0, it'll still say 1.0 . or if i have 2 rings and they're 2.1, my CL reads 1.5. i dont supress my lvl either. is this normal??

1) I think she means 1.1, but it's been a while since I've played the tutorial - so I'm not sure. Just upgrade as much as you feel like.

2) Yes, that's normal. Your CL (OCL, Overall Charge Level) is a weighted average of all your rings - and empty fingers count as a 1.0 ring.

Without going into too much math, if all 8 of your rings are at the same CL then your OCL will be the same. Otherwise, you start getting odd numbers.

Dangerous Genius

Nespin Fernagon
II REHMA II

1) I think she means 1.1, but it's been a while since I've played the tutorial - so I'm not sure. Just upgrade as much as you feel like.

2) Yes, that's normal. Your CL (OCL, Overall Charge Level) is a weighted average of all your rings - and empty fingers count as a 1.0 ring.

Without going into too much math, if all 8 of your rings are at the same CL then your OCL will be the same. Otherwise, you start getting odd numbers.

I like math, but I can spare the newbies. Anyone interested can start here.
For a brief illustration, if you have a single CL 10.0 ring, and the rest are either CL 1.0 or empty slots, your overall CL will be 3.0.
(And that one ring will only work as if it were CL 5.0, but that's another equation entirely)

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Quote:
Soulbound rings are bound. To your SOUL. At least you can take them off your finger here?

rofl
Nespin Fernagon
II REHMA II

oh okay thx!

Blessed Wolf

User ImageWith these wings...
User Image
~★Bump★~
User Image

I shall fly to the moon...User Image
how do you log out of zOmg ? or you just press the exit button ive always wondered lol razz

Dangerous Genius

When you close the game, it takes about five minutes for the system to log you out of the server. If you go back before that, you can pick up where you left off, but you have to pick the same server as before.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff