Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Elder

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
@Ovesu: Well - hopefully either older hands can point them here, or it'll get added to the Guides/Resources sticky (I'm currently working on that). I'm not silly enough to think every new player will find it, but I hope enough will for it to be useful.

A lot of people seem to have been surprised by the stalker movement option. I wonder where they told us about it again...? I think it might have been in one update z!F announcement, and nowhere else. Would have to go digging.

Dangerous Genius

Nespin Fernagon
@Ovesu: Well - hopefully either older hands can point them here, or it'll get added to the Guides/Resources sticky (I'm currently working on that). I'm not silly enough to think every new player will find it, but I hope enough will for it to be useful.

A lot of people seem to have been surprised by the stalker movement option. I wonder where they told us about it again...? I think it might have been in one update z!F announcement, and nowhere else. Would have to go digging.
I don't remember if it was an announcement, or if I was checking out the key config options. Either way it has some good uses. (e.g. Return to melee range after a monster KBs you)
ooooh...
great guide, ill be sure to recommend it to the next newbie i see in zomg

Dapper Elder

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Guild mates have been offering advice. A lot has been tweaked, and one or two sections have been added.

Dangerous Genius

Four new things I want to say:

1) In the movement section, under 'Stalker mode,' I see a typo. Melee is misspelled.
2) About conning off-screen: enemies are the star-shaped symbol, and crewmates are the rounded symbol. Non-crewed players are not marked. The size of the symbol grows when the character gets closer to your screen. The symbol gets brighter as you approach the next screen.
3) On the PDA, a dark blue dot indicates a friend on your layer (instance). A light blue dot with a tiny arrow on it indicates a friend on another layer. Click it to switch layers. Crews will always be on the same layer. Joining a crew on another layer will move you to them.
4) Common bug: I can't sell my ring! Why can other people sell theirs?! (The more places the guide answers the soulbinding question, the more likely a newcomer is to see the answer)

Dapper Elder

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
...okay. I'm going to make a joke out of the soulbinding. It's going in every bloody post now. scream

Mega Fatcat

I have this issue so maybe you can write this: anytime you feel something is weird, refresh. Like in SS, I get to the second chest and then my mouse turns to the gears.
(You spelled Resources wrong on the Link post)
And maybe add a section about Clans? I see some people ask if it's required. >.<
Nice guide. I referred someone to it already.

Dangerous Genius

Nespin Fernagon
...okay. I'm going to make a joke out of the soulbinding. It's going in every bloody post now. scream
This makes my evening.
*Thumbs up* blaugh
A couple little fixes for ya Nespin:

-"looses" should be "loses"; in the section about dying.

-"everyone" should be "every"; in the section of crewing advantages.

And a (maybe) suggestion:

-tell people not to be afraid to hit the release spirit button; they may end up waiting a longer amount of time for someone to revive them than if they just took a minute or less to walk back.

though it may not be needed; it's more words, and who knows if they'll end up reading more words~

... and XD; at soulbinding joke~

Edit: at a soulbinding joke: "has becoming"-> "is becoming"?... something like that~

Dapper Elder

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
There. Is that enough soulbinding for ya? Is it? IS IT? scream

@Freedom: Well caught. Fixes made.

@Tessa: WHOO! IT IS SEEING USE!
I think you still need a link to the sticky, the picture that was copy/pasted on every soulbound topic before they outlawed it, and the graph pictures that show the MP prices.

Dapper Elder

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
SolarInvictus
I think you still need a link to the sticky, the picture that was copy/pasted on every soulbound topic before they outlawed it, and the graph pictures that show the MP prices.

I do have a link to the sticky. It's the soulbinding reference in the useful links section. If you provide the other pictures, I'll put 'em in somewhere.
Nespin Fernagon
SolarInvictus

I do have a link to the sticky. It's the soulbinding reference in the useful links section. If you provide the other pictures, I'll put 'em in somewhere.

Here;
User Image
and here;
User Image
I needz teh hlp, i herd u cant uspelbunds ur rongz.

i kno dis iz a lier, and whar wud i go 2 lern how 2 do dis?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff