Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Werewolf

User Image The Way of the Sword User Image
~~~0==}|3ladeglory~~~

New year, new guide? Life is good.

Hopefully this what-ever-it's-about guide will improve the community. User Image

Speculation time: Is this an unofficial tutorial for the basics?

Dapper Elder

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Bladeglory
User Image The Way of the Sword User Image
~~~0==}|3ladeglory~~~

New year, new guide? Life is good.

Hopefully this what-ever-it's-about guide will improve the community. User Image

Speculation time: Is this an unofficial tutorial for the basics?

How smart you are. Yes, yes it is. The new training is so bad that I actually feel a need to gather the basic information needed to play the game into a handy guide to point newbies at. sweatdrop

Back to work!

Dapper Elder

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I still have a bit of work to do, but I think this is good enough to be usable. I'ma go back to working on it now, but totally legit bump so that anyone who might benifit from this can see it.

Mega Fatcat

Unfortunately, the majority of new players don't look on these forums...much less read the Stickies and guides.

Dapper Elder

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
mishyx93
Unfortunately, the majority of new players don't look on these forums...much less read the Stickies and guides.

I'm aware. And yet, I'm gonna try anyways for the few that do. If nothing else, maybe the Developers will see it and take away some ideas about what new players should see in the ingame intro. With luck, they'll even be able to convince the management. x..x

Mega Fatcat

Maybe. >.< The reason why mine failed was because it was never moved. Oh well. XP The devs should redo the beginning since that's what they last tinkered with. I miss Frank.

Bobannan's Wife

Desirable Sex Symbol

12,750 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
User Image~~~~~Join The~~~~~User Image

Sexy!

I'll be referring people here when I don't feel like answering their questions that make my head hurt because the tutorial doesn't cover them. smile

EDIT: Oh and I see that you don't have anything in there about hot keys yet (not sure if you were planning to add something about them). Or maybe you do and I just missed it when I was skimming, anyways, that'd be cool to add, though I guess it could confuse some people confused

User Image~~~~~Zomg Olympics!!!!~~~~~User Image

Mega Fatcat

@Saburoo: He does mention it a bit. XD
@Nespin: Q does target too. I use it actually. smile Also, I think you should mention the Salvaging option since it would be useful as a heads up.
*starts reading through thread*

I already like this~ :3

Gallant Werewolf

10,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
not bad, I did not know about the "stalk mode"
hehe, live and learn..

Shirtless Wench

Awesome work. >w<
Hopefully some of the new players will find their way in here. It's really stupid what they've done to the beginning, but it's nice to see someone's thinking ahead and making a guide to compensate. :3

Dapper Elder

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
@Saburoo: I mention some hot keys in the appropriate sections (Example - 1-> 8 to trigger rings in the ring use area), but if there's any particular ones you want added, I can do it?

@Mishyx93: I do mention salvaging, but as part of upgrading. Think it needs it's own section?

If anyone has any suggestions on more things to go in here, feel free to mention them. It's usable, but it's not done. I'm about to go and do the last of the screen shots needed for now, then on to writing useful tips, links, and the plot sections.

@RADI0 Mouse AND Fr33dom4ever: Thank you.

@Lycan: Someone learned something. I feel useful. ^_^

Bobannan's Wife

Desirable Sex Symbol

12,750 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
User Image~~~~~Join The~~~~~User Image

I meant like, how to change them and crap.

And also, like how to get to the Game Help window and crap (and also like Graphic Options and suff)

Not really essential for Game Play but like, would be usefult o teach em i'd think 3nodding

User Image~~~~~Zomg Olympics!!!!~~~~~User Image

Mega Fatcat

Nespin Fernagon
@Mishyx93: I do mention salvaging, but as part of upgrading. Think it needs it's own section?

Yes! You could make it big too. Since you only mention it briefly, it would probably be more helpful to give tips on how to swap and salvage properly. Like swap 2 rings and then salvage a duplicate.

Shameless Noob

12,350 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Lycan_knight
not bad, I did not know about the "stalk mode"
hehe, live and learn..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff