Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Elder

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
@Micky: Yay! I'm glad it's seeing use. 3nodding

The new training sequence is very very bad. It isn't quite worthless - if you've played through it you've figured out at least one mode of movement, and one way to attack and target. But you have to do it on your own, and it doesn't even hint at G'hi or Rage or Plot or...anything. It's not log-in as a guest account BTW - if you log out, and then start zOMG anyways you'll automatically be given a guest account to play on.

It's worth pointing out to others that you can't redo zOMG, but I'm not sure if this is the right place to say it (Or where I'd put it....)
Nespin Fernagon
@Micky: Yay! I'm glad it's seeing use. 3nodding

The new training sequence is very very bad. It isn't quite worthless - if you've played through it you've figured out at least one mode of movement, and one way to attack and target. But you have to do it on your own, and it doesn't even hint at G'hi or Rage or Plot or...anything. It's not log-in as a guest account BTW - if you log out, and then start zOMG anyways you'll automatically be given a guest account to play on.

It's worth pointing out to others that you can't redo zOMG, but I'm not sure if this is the right place to say it (Or where I'd put it....)

Hmmm.. is that so? I guess I will never find out about things like this because I never want to start over again... To much work. xD

4,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Nice guide. I like how you repeatedly mention soulbinding.

Devoted Healer

6,200 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
I just want to say thank you to all people who made guides like this one and others. I joined Gaia and started ZOMG a week ago and the guides helped me a lot. heart
2 days ago I reached CL 10 and today I beat EB with an awesome crew. I didn't buy rings and didn't cheat my way up to CL 10, I just crewed a lot to practise as a healer. IMO crewing = win; it's lotsa fun, I got tons of drops, and found some friends. heart

Dapper Elder

10,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Sofia Lugo
I just want to say thank you to all people who made guides like this one and others. I joined Gaia and started ZOMG a week ago and the guides helped me a lot. heart
2 days ago I reached CL 10 and today I beat EB with an awesome crew. I didn't buy rings and didn't cheat my way up to CL 10, I just crewed a lot to practise as a healer. IMO crewing = win; it's lotsa fun, I got tons of drops, and found some friends. heart

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand - five days to beat the game? On the other hand - if you're playing as a healer you probably know what you're doing.

So long as the guide helped, you're quite welcome. 3nodding

Mega Fatcat

This is a casual MMO so beating it in say 50 hours (I think it was posted somewhere...) is doable.

Devoted Healer

6,200 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Nespin Fernagon
I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand - five days to beat the game? On the other hand - if you're playing as a healer you probably know what you're doing.

So long as the guide helped, you're quite welcome. 3nodding

Since I had nothing else to do, I spent a lot of time playing, mainly played in big crews of 5-6 people and kept my crew buffed with rr4 divinity and coyote (luck boost). I think that's the reason why I could level up so quickly.

I think I know the basics, crew etiquette and how to keep my crew alive (as long as the crew works together). 3nodding
Nice FAQ. However, under targetting you use the acronym AoE, without defining it.

9,000 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
Heeeeyyyy...YOU ADVERTISED THE GUILD!
Dude..I've been playing zOMG! early November '08 (I know, I said late November...but look at my gramster badge...or was it peelunger?) and I learned a few things form this guide User Image

Mega Fatcat

Goat Slywinkle
Nice FAQ. However, under targetting you use the acronym AoE, without defining it.

...See? Now wouldn't a link to AterAlquis's guide be helpful or maybe a short section about the definitions of the words we use like as said above AoE? *hint hint* And of course this is assuming that newbies immediately know what AoE is or maybe even DoT. A list of terms that new players should learn would be helpful... >.>
im quite far into the game now, but this was stil helpful.
wish i saw this before i started playing
This guide is really helpful... the new training sequence is really very poor. I created a mule to pick some pics from it and found out everything changed to the worst gonk
Specially that... all that long explanation in the train is lost crying crying crying
I liked it... now you have to figure everything out by yourself... emo
Okay so... the new entire "training"/VG sequence got a bit harder.

You're stuck with that one guns guns guns ring for awhile; you don't get another ring from elizabeth.

Before Elizabeth, you have to kill 5 flamingos and gnomes.

Rest seems to be the same so far... just one ring less.

Still no actual instruction on how to use the ring (unless i skipped through text faster)

...Come on, what's the point of that? Newbies need their rings >>;;

Also, missing after raging an attack causes the rage to drain again? =/

Edit: Ohoho, after finishing with Leon, you get a bandage ring. No choosing~
@Fr33d0m4ever:
So that's why everyone has GGG? You don't even get to choose your own ring? That sucks.

Also: Bandage ring is better than Diagnose in my opinion so that's good.

But not good that you don't get to choose. I thought that THAT was the point. Maybe not.
Mickey: Correct~ Well no, in the really old tutorial, you were always given solar rays. This is no different... except that it doesn't teach anything~

Mm, I'd say after the person gets their third ring (which I hope is a buff... but I closed the test account window already ;-; ), then they should be able to choose. They get exposure to the benefits of each~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff