Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Valheita

- No Pets
- All Pets
- My Pet

It would be very weird to be fighting and... it's preferable that our own pet, which you might have wanted to heal, or at least, know where it is, to be visible so that you don't see enemies attacking air...

I would switch that one with: -Crew Pets

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Quintafeira12
Valheita

- No Pets
- All Pets
- My Pet

It would be very weird to be fighting and... it's preferable that our own pet, which you might have wanted to heal, or at least, know where it is, to be visible so that you don't see enemies attacking air...

I would switch that one with: -Crew Pets
That could work too.

Dangerous Sweetheart

I dunno. Something about this doesn't sit quite right with me, even though the ideas you've presented are well thought out and make sense.

I don't think I'd participate, but I wouldn't try to keep it from being implemented for others to use a "Pet System."
I like the idea, especially the reusable part, plus I think it would look cool having a anchor bug following me!

But as far as the having to buy it, and it dieing part, that would stink.

Witty Shapeshifter

As for spoilers when animated from, say, OA coming to visit the Greens... newb players regularly jump ahead to other maps and spoil stuff for themselves. I don't really think pets should be limited in that manner. :C
If it is released, I doubt it's going to be able to be bought for gold. :/

But I really dislike the ring idea. Dunno why.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Quintafeira12
philip_hy_lau

btw it dosnt have to be animated

Or we could a complete reverse of what happened with the aquariums and have fishes following us.
I'd buy a memphis. Putting her in a cat-fight against persephone would do my day.

As for the suggested methods, I find the one of having a containement ring that holds one animated you can release at any time to capture another one to be the one I like the most.

One way we could avoid spoilers to happen is by preventing any animated from being used in areas before the one they belong to. That would balance things out too when people wanted to farm lower level areas with rings of (no-so-)incredible strengh. (Cl 1 gnome vs Cl 1 Predator Pup... Im betting on the alien)

Having pets would require buffing the enemies, since they would mean each crew has additional DPS, additional health, additional targets, etc. etc.

I wonder how an Aquarium Watermeat would fight? Lol they should it make it corny and make it shoot beams and stuff! Memphis should attack by making her little sparkles into a sparkly sword! Lila would have a constant Taunt effect with her flipping off everything in sight, and Turtle should have the best defense! Hm... the Gwee Seahorse should breathe fire or bubbles, the dolphin would go around stabbing things with its nose, thats all the fish idea I have for now D:

Witty Shapeshifter

Malignant Virus
If it is released, I doubt it's going to be able to be bought for gold. :/

But I really dislike the ring idea. Dunno why.

The ring idea's just a thought, I personally wouldn't enjoy using up a valuable slot for something like that, but... That's the price to pay for such a feature.

I s'pose something else could be employed to bring your animated friend forward (another inventory tab when you open your pack, maybe, and click it like you would a powerup?). The ring could perhaps only be used to do the capture itself, then the animated becomes almost a sort of inventory item after?

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

@Astral Tempest

I was joking, since the animation of fishes in aquariums would seem rather odd in zOMG! and making a complete rehaul of the sprites would be a lot of work.
I really like the idea of a pet system for zOMG!... *drools*

lol *fantasizes Kokeshi Collectible following her everywhere she goes*

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
We know so many people want a pet system of some description.

But honestly.

Couldn't zOMG have something a little more unique?

Pets are such a common thing.

If only we knew what to suggest.
Kaitan Guo
The ring idea's just a thought, I personally wouldn't enjoy using up a valuable slot for something like that, but... That's the price to pay for such a feature.

I s'pose something else could be employed to bring your animated friend forward (another inventory tab when you open your pack, maybe, and click it like you would a powerup?). The ring could perhaps only be used to do the capture itself, then the animated becomes almost a sort of inventory item after?
Hmm.. I'm honestly not sure.

It's all up to the developers, and yeah, as Alter had said, it is quite the repeated feature, so it would probably have to be a bit more unique to catch someone's eye. >.<

It's not that it's going to be a power up or ring or something, it's the way it's going to be distributed. It just feels like its going to be another thing that either all cash users, or everyone will have. D:

I'd like it to be bought for a good sum of gold. But that's just me. gonk

Quotable Genius

I like it, however I think there should be limits on what you can capture. Bosses for example, should not be capturable, everyone would be walking around with a stone coatl lagging the screen to hell.

I have nothing against sub-bosses being capturable though, aka Gilroy, OMFG, Purse, Sandblast (if it's still called that), those yellow hatted gnomes, Marshall (rofl), that giant Spout that always kills me... etc. They should, however, be MUCH harder to capture.

Don't know if this was mentioned either, but perhaps for normal animated...
Player CL=1 vs Animated CL=3 ----> hard to capture
Player CL=2 vs Animated CL=2 ----> normal to capture
Player CL=3 vs Animated CL=1 ----> easy to capture

Gracious Hunter

11,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
i think it would be cool to have in ch2... I know it may sound wierd, but maybe you would have to beat EB to get the chance to capture the animated, then it could be used to fight whatever is in the new areas... i would love to take a mother fluff to some unknown land ^_^

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Valheita
Sensual Soul
I just had a thought. Could/ Can Flash support that much more information being sent and received by the client? I wonder how much harder would it be for the devs to control lag? Would something as major as a pet system being added then require a download? At least for those that choose to use the pet system? And should it be a download? The people that choose not to download for example could still just play the game without the pets?
Hmm. While it's true that the implementation of a pet system would increase the amount of rendering needed...

If they adjust the layer cap so that pets count as players as far as layer seperation is concerned, that should cut down on the worst of the problem.

And there can always be graphics options to show:

- No Pets
- All Pets
- My Pet

That might help some but then that would mean less people allowed on a layer so that would mean either make more layers or have more servers open to accommodate player load. Again, could zOMG servers handle the strain? There have been a lot of problems with memory leaks so far, wouldn't the extra stress on the servers make that worse? I guess we need a dev to answer some of this! lol But it is a fair question. How much can the devs do working with flash?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff