Huh? 0.25535714285714 25.5% [ 143 ]
Total Votes:[ 560 ]
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 >

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
TL;DR: Watch videos to get Gaia Cash, buy zOMG cash shop items, sell in the marketplace, repeat.

zOMG is in "maintenance mode", meaning 1 contracted developer is working on glitches only.

Previously
Break "The Curse" and Support zOMG!
Break "The Curse" and Revive zOMG!

Lanzer
Baeu
If interest in zOMG starts to increase, will updates restart?

There's a possibility, it all depends on the numbers. But meanwhile we'll continue to fix bugs and aim for other updates.

Read Panagrammic's Sticky
What is DMS?

The curse is a metaphor for lack of interest and lack of funding.Right now zOMG costs more to run than it makes in sales. zOMG isn't making enough sales to make up for original development costs. Here's what you can do:

Link new players to zomg.com
Post detailed bug reports here
Post in Site Feedback threads relating to zOMG
Post in the forum- answer questions, speculate, bump this thread
Help newbies in the game- answer questions, help with boss runs, random r4 buffing
Give cookies to zOMG Proposals (listed below)
Advertise in real life- flyers, posters.. more ideas
Buy zOMG cash shop items to sell in the marketplace (profit)

This final method means gold in your pocket, cash in zOMG's pocket. Now that these powerups are available in bundles, you also are considered a "donator" and the nerf is significantly higher. It's pretty awesome to make 150-200k on a bundle that costs 250gc.

TO BEGIN~

1. Turn off your speakers. Click on the Cash Tree in the header.

2. Click on the videos page.

3. Open new tabs so you can do more than one video at once. Periodically check each tab to see when the videos are done, and start new videos.

---My computer is really really old, crappy, and laggy, but can handle at least 4 or 5 tabs using Chrome without lagging, and I can usually get 8 or 9 without crashing.

---Don't download anything.

Do this every day that you can sign into gaia. Over time it's worth it. It's been very easy for me to earn enough to buy monthly collectibles powerup bundles to be a supporter (no ads! better nerf!) and extra gold potions to sell on the marketplace. I got my amulet at 399, 5 powerup bundles, a bloodstone gem at to sell in the marketplace (hello extra 450k), countless revives, superchargers, and ghi amps for my own use in DMS.

Even if you can only sell one or two items by doing this, it's gold for you and money in zOMG's pocket that you didn't have to pay for.

-AND-

Give cookies to and BUMP zOMG proposals! Here are a few that have popular requests that are doing well.

User Image

User Image

Accepted! Proposal: Add zOMG! Community to the Games Tab

Proposal: Better Tutorial for zOMG!

Fixed! Proposal: Fix the Green Box Glitch on "I am" items

Proposal: zOMG! Ideas for Improving Gameplay.

Proposal: Wearable zOMG rings that are also animated

Proposal: zOMG! integration

Proposal: Difference of Friends & Clan Members in zOMG Maps

Proposal: zOMG! Orbs Shop

-AND-

Post your bugs BOTH in the Bug Reports and the Master Glitch List.

-AND-

Attend AtA every week you can, post in Site Feedback threads like Fix DMS Glitches and the Open Letter to Gaia.

omg guize bron tipped my post!!
emotion_awesome

User Image

Bobannan's Wife

Desirable Sex Symbol

12,750 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
I'm unfortunately probably going to spend my free cash on this month's MCs since they're so damn cool and I just totally need one of each D:

But yeah, this has always been the best method to go about getting gaia cash without buying it directly 3nodding

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Saburoo
I'm unfortunately probably going to spend my free cash on this month's MCs since they're so damn cool and I just totally need one of each D:

But yeah, this has always been the best method to go about getting gaia cash without buying it directly 3nodding

I was so disappointed that someone had already bought my MC when it opened, this month is awesome!

Familiar Lunatic

Owlie
The more you can sell, the faster we get DMS!
The faster/more likely the amulet becomes "worthless". They need to add some permanent incentive to it.

There's word of maybe using in a recipe with the BB ticket or something, but I don't think that'll be enough.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
gataka
Owlie
The more you can sell, the faster we get DMS!
The faster/more likely the amulet becomes "worthless". They need to add some permanent incentive to it.

There's word of maybe using in a recipe with the BB ticket or something, but I don't think that'll be enough.

How is it worthless? It includes advance entrance into DMS. If you mean that by adding more amulets to the marketplace will decrease the cost, then yes, that is true. But the demand for amulets is still going to be pretty high, since everyone will want one for themselves, which will become soulbound, and the marketplace price will stabilize.

Even BB tickets are still at 150k-200k.

Peaceful Warlord

20,975 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Marathon 300
  • 50 Wins 150
I find the videos the easiest way to get GC. I have my amulet already though and this month's MC are mine. I do have an extra one that I might sell or I might feel totally generous one day and give it to someone.

Naughty Canine

30,975 Points
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Generous 100
sounds nice... but service is not available in my country... cash tree is fooling me D:

no DMS for me crying

Familiar Lunatic

Owlie

How is it worthless? It includes advance entrance into DMS. If you mean that by adding more amulets to the marketplace will decrease the cost, then yes, that is true. But the demand for amulets is still going to be pretty high, since everyone will want one for themselves, which will become soulbound, and the marketplace price will stabilize.

Even BB tickets are still at 150k-200k.
"Worthless" the moment DMS goes perma-public. Some people are holding back on that basis and the fact that buying the amulet makes it more likely does not help.

We still need to see how much good deeds are needed, no idea when or even if it'll actually go perma-public, and this is where the Amulet takes its value. Uncertain, decreasing, self-defeating value. A stable incentive would help in the buying decision.

BB tickets still selling is odd. Some people are either getting "scammed", for lack of a better word, out of ignorance, or are taking a big risk.
The videos have stopped working for me.
sad
I'm just going to grab a Blood amulet when I get my cash card.
Hmm. That's incredibly insightful.

Moonlight Fairy

8,800 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Healer 50
I don't care if the amulet becomes "worthless." I want to support my favorite part of Gaia that finally allowed me to have the funds to buy neat stuff for my avi. I remember back in the beginning days of Gaia when I was proud to have my fairy wings because of their 40k price tag. I am resolved that whatever GC I earn that does not go to monthly collectibles will go to zomg so that the game gets the loving support it deserves, and I want the area perma-opened so that crews of high levels peeps can gather in Bill's ranch causing all the newbies to stare like this: eek and have something awesome to aspire to.

4,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I love it when everyone but the people paying for the advertisements benefits.

10,550 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Invisibility 100
Already been doing this biggrin I went ahead and bought my amulet with gold to make sure I have it at release, but i'm saving up GC to get more amulets to put on the market afterward.
I hope your willing to repeat the same action over and over again about..100 times (if you can do it with 3 or 4 tabs) if you want to get it.

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150
gataka

[ JK ] was spit-balling (that's the word I'd use rather than taking anything he says as the "Gospel" ) at the last "meat" and said that BB tickets could possibly be part of an epic recipe and the amulet would be part of a recipe for a ring and/or equipable item aka epic recipe? (everything unknown shall be called "EPIC RECIPE" ).

That's incentive (not to mention saving zOMG!, but we'll fight our battles one at a time). And had the previous ticket been mentioned with [ JK ]'s idea, it would have taken a lot of wind out of the sails of naysayers "The last ticket didn't do anything for us!"

Wrong, bitches!

How aren't crazy awesome items "enough incentive"?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff