Welcome to Gaia! ::

I will

Do this 0.64642857142857 64.6% [ 362 ]
Not do this 0.098214285714286 9.8% [ 55 ]
Huh? 0.25535714285714 25.5% [ 143 ]
Total Votes:[ 560 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 17 18 19 >

Ora the Owlish

Correction: You can't RP in there, either. Not in any intelligent sense. In fact, even idle chat and memes are on the decline. I decided to lurk a bit...It's a dump! Not to be a prude, but I really wish they'd get some moderators in there. I believe the theory that it beats zOMG based on upkeep cost is correct; it's not a complex system, and I assume it requires little upkeep or updating. Maybe that's where zOMG loses out, is in its complexity? You go to Towns, wait for it to load, and that's it. Within thirty seconds or less you've seen all it has to offer. While I took the Sewer-style tutorial, I hear the new version is a confusing wreck...maybe zOMG has limited appeal because it requires some perseverance and/or research and/or intellect?

Not to hate on Towns so badly, but after spending about 20 minutes there, I found my faith in humanity on a sharp decline. Anyone curious, go ahead and do some research of your own...I'm almost glad Towns is popular, as it all but prevents that sort of dialogue from entering zOMG. Still, though...

I've seen people in Towns adorned as their favorite anime characters and assuming their chosen personas in a role play-type fashion. Albeit with debatable results.

Still, I'd argue that Townies aren't the worst congregation you'll encounter on Gaia. That prestigious title belongs to the Rally. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Assimilated Dabbler

6,400 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Gothic Rebecca

I've seen people in Towns adorned as their favorite anime characters and assuming their chosen personas in a role play-type fashion. Albeit with debatable results.

Still, I'd argue that Townies aren't the worst congregation you'll encounter on Gaia. That prestigious title belongs to the Rally. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Alright, that might be the split; I've seen cosplay, but of the very questionable sort. You know, the dog in heat + dog-hater's leg kind of stuff. When I went to the Rally, though, it didn't seem nearly as bad...perhaps it was my timing? That's pretty likely. Or maybe I got lucky with the rooms I was in (generally 20 or less people; I might need to find a full room for the full :headdesk: experience)....point is, we're being beaten by what I'd call an inferior product, and you get massive brownie points for the Start Wars reference ^.^

Assimilated Dabbler

6,400 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
After some practice with those Gaia Cash offers, I have some expanded-upon tips for maximizing the funds you raise.

Materials you will need:

Fake e-mail address
Fake Facebook page
Anti-Virus (just in case)
Patience

Step 1: Locate all videos that aren't tied to IMVU. You don't actually need to watch them, just get them to play and move onto another tab. Rake in modest sum.

Step 2: Locate all facebook applications offers. These tend to be modest sums, but they're easy. MAKE SURE YOU ARE SIGNED INTO YOUR FAKE ACCOUNT. If they request an e-mail (I hope they don't), give them the fake one. No matter which Gaia offer you use the fake e-mail for, YOU WILL GET SPAM. 99% of offers are for getting your personal info.

Step 3: If desperate, use the following list of bad traits to weed out offers that will probably not only fail to reward you, but will also damage your computer.

1. Downloads are bad. If it's a download, don't do it. It will either take to infinity and beyond for scanty/"missing" reward (IMVU) or is a flat-out scam (any "free to download, play now" games)
2. Most things over 50 GC are the work of Satan. No one pays that much for advertising and means it. You will never get it, and if you do get it, you'll probably also pick up every Trojan since the birth of the Internet (Netflix might be legitimate, but I'm sure as heck not experimenting).
3. It is never "just a survey." It's actually a handful of mundane questions with forty pages of required personal info and a mysteriously unkempt privacy statement.
4. In general, no one cares about your opinion, they just want your information and money.
5. If it wants your cellphone number, IT IS A SCAM. Never heard of one that isn't.
6. Don't bother lying about your personal info, if a page requests it. The chance of you getting a reward from one of those sites is slim anyways. Pass it over
7. If the word "free" is in the description (free coupons, free iPad, free virgins), RED FLAGS SHOULD GO UP AND WHISTLES SHOULD BLOW. Nothing is free on the internet, except Lolcats, which is really what you should stick to.
8. There is no candy in the van, only Marshall. If it seems too good to be true, it is.
9. If there is a spelling or grammatical mistake, KILL THE OFFER WITH FIRE. It is a scam, and not even a well-designed one. If they were paying money/intelligent, they would check their spelling.
10. ALLCAPS IS NO GOOD. THEY JUST WANT YOU TO BE AS EXCITED ABOUT FORKING OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFO AS THEY ARE ABOUT RECEIVING IT.

Alright, go out and help support zOMG! ((man, we should have folks save up their GCash and spend it all at a pre-decided time, to both boost us into DMS and send a strong message to the Gaian hierarchy))

6,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
Hello,

I just want to say I love zomg. It is easily my favorite game on gaia and actually my favorite online game. (I usually prefer single player console games on Playstation- this is the one game I play frequently online and to me it is highly addicting.) The game is a great way to unwind after a long grueling day at work and intense college classes.

I do buy powerups for this. I plan to drop a few bucks this week for the $10 bundle full of powerups for zomg this weekend to resupply my depleted ones and some to sell on MP.

Ghi Amp makes it possible to do quicker r4 attacks/moves and DoubleOrb deluxe has helped me level up quicker.

I also buy revives and superchargers. In fact I wish there was a powerup item to replenish stamina faster because I buy those too.

I have even won gold in papa saw runs to buy rare rings like sugar rush and fortune's favor to increase my speed and loot drops.

I also hope that more single player quests can be added as I only have a few quests left on Gold Beach to finish. But I doubt it since they take a crew to go to Shallow Seas and it cannot be beaten as a single player. (It is hard to get on those crews).

To that point I will say this also: DMS gets so much hype yet it takes a crew of 6 to kill one monster and the loot drops are a joke. I spent 5 hours one night on DMS to score only 30 black orbs. Another night to score 40- just to get a single ring up to 10.7. I have 25 rings at level 10- It will take a very long time to get each one to level 12. Getting on DMS crews is very hard as most players who are above level 10 do not allow level 10 players to play, etc.

By contrast a single wave on papa saw at normal with a crew of 6 yields 500 gold and sometimes a couple dozen charge orbs, sometimes a ring or other items. An entire run on Papa Saw can mean anywhere from 5000-10000 gold. In just a half hour I can rack up between 20000-30000 gold and between 100-200 charge orbs and other loot. But Papa Saw is being allowed to fall apart to the point where sometimes the game stops after a few waves and finishing becomes impossible. And since there are more lower level players, there isn't the smugness, arrogance, and level discrimination that exists with some crews on DMS runs. (I've had to form crews myself calling for other level 10 players who want to join runs in order to play DMS. It's bull.)

The willingness of some players to allow other people to join their crews is an issue that of course cannot be helped and is really up to the players in question in a given crew. but that's why I'd like to see more single player quests where a crew is not needed (though optional) can be introduced- even within existing worlds with existing characters. What if there are new single player quests introduced say in Old Aqueduct or even Village Green for that matter, for players level 9 and up? Or just people who want to simply kill lawn gnomes and score loot but with increased challenge?

Just some ideas.

Overall, I love zomg and will continue to support the game as long as it exists because it is fun and addicting. I just hope some of these suggestions are being tossed around. On the other hand, I also understand the business sense as well, right now costing more to have the game than there is money coming in.

I wonder perhaps if more sponsors can be incorporated? What if there are sponsor quests or enemies to kill? Right now you have the zombie "Walking Dead" thing in the "rally" -- might be fun to shoot a bunch of those in Dead Man's Pass and give even lower-level players some additional targets to shoot at? Just an idea. What about shooting at "the Woman in Black"? that would be fun! Or better yet, shooting that guy from the movie walking around on Virtual Hollywood handing out the poster items? lol!

Just like DMS- where an extra "area within an area" is made- perhaps a "sponsor area" can be added to one of the existing areas where sponsor "targets" can be hacked, slashed, shot at, etc.

I realize I don't work at Gaia and I have some retail background myself so I know about the business side to a point and I don't have the facts and figures in front of me. Yet I hope some positive things can still yet happen with zomg. smile

So that's my 2ยข worth.

Thank you Gaia, and I hope zomg still has a bright future ahead of it. smile

6,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
Ora the Owlish
After some practice with those Gaia Cash offers, I have some expanded-upon tips for maximizing the funds you raise.

Materials you will need:

Fake e-mail address
Fake Facebook page
Anti-Virus (just in case)
Patience

Step 1: Locate all videos that aren't tied to IMVU. You don't actually need to watch them, just get them to play and move onto another tab. Rake in modest sum.

Step 2: Locate all facebook applications offers. These tend to be modest sums, but they're easy. MAKE SURE YOU ARE SIGNED INTO YOUR FAKE ACCOUNT. If they request an e-mail (I hope they don't), give them the fake one. No matter which Gaia offer you use the fake e-mail for, YOU WILL GET SPAM. 99% of offers are for getting your personal info.

Step 3: If desperate, use the following list of bad traits to weed out offers that will probably not only fail to reward you, but will also damage your computer.

1. Downloads are bad. If it's a download, don't do it. It will either take to infinity and beyond for scanty/"missing" reward (IMVU) or is a flat-out scam (any "free to download, play now" games)
2. Most things over 50 GC are the work of Satan. No one pays that much for advertising and means it. You will never get it, and if you do get it, you'll probably also pick up every Trojan since the birth of the Internet (Netflix might be legitimate, but I'm sure as heck not experimenting).
3. It is never "just a survey." It's actually a handful of mundane questions with forty pages of required personal info and a mysteriously unkempt privacy statement.
4. In general, no one cares about your opinion, they just want your information and money.
5. If it wants your cellphone number, IT IS A SCAM. Never heard of one that isn't.
6. Don't bother lying about your personal info, if a page requests it. The chance of you getting a reward from one of those sites is slim anyways. Pass it over
7. If the word "free" is in the description (free coupons, free iPad, free virgins), RED FLAGS SHOULD GO UP AND WHISTLES SHOULD BLOW. Nothing is free on the internet, except Lolcats, which is really what you should stick to.
8. There is no candy in the van, only Marshall. If it seems too good to be true, it is.
9. If there is a spelling or grammatical mistake, KILL THE OFFER WITH FIRE. It is a scam, and not even a well-designed one. If they were paying money/intelligent, they would check their spelling.
10. ALLCAPS IS NO GOOD. THEY JUST WANT YOU TO BE AS EXCITED ABOUT FORKING OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFO AS THEY ARE ABOUT RECEIVING IT.

Alright, go out and help support zOMG! ((man, we should have folks save up their GCash and spend it all at a pre-decided time, to both boost us into DMS and send a strong message to the Gaian hierarchy))

I like your post. Actually I bypass those things altogether and just buy the gaia cash. I figure I can spend $10 on junk food, McDonald's, etc. or I can spend that $10 on Gaia and have a bit of fun. I sometimes spend more and get CIs and collectables to sell. Made over 3 MILLION gold selling "Underland" CIs in December and an additional 1.5 Mil gold selling "Super Prize 2011"s - got some nice items that way. My Christmas bonus from my job went all for personal entertainment last month, some of it here on Gaia - hence making over 4 Mil gold on chance items I got. Those "Radiant Galaxies" look like they're worth $10 for another bundle to get another easy million gold for more items I want.

But yeah, all those things of "free iPads" - you usually have to spend money on a bunch of their offers and you never get the gold. However offers to try Netflix? I plan to do that anyways so I will use this chance to get me the Gaia Cash. Netflix is a good deal anyways from everyone I know who has it. But that is a bonafide business, unlike a lot of those offers involving surveys or "free" items that aren't free. I never bother with IMVU. that's me.

Also if you don't mind me asking-- what is that man-eating flower thing you have? I want to get one. smile Thx,

and a tip for your post. biggrin

Assimilated Dabbler

6,400 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Nyrva Dragonwood

I like your post. Actually I bypass those things altogether and just buy the gaia cash. I figure I can spend $10 on junk food, McDonald's, etc. or I can spend that $10 on Gaia and have a bit of fun. I sometimes spend more and get CIs and collectables to sell. Made over 3 MILLION gold selling "Underland" CIs in December and an additional 1.5 Mil gold selling "Super Prize 2011"s - got some nice items that way. My Christmas bonus from my job went all for personal entertainment last month, some of it here on Gaia - hence making over 4 Mil gold on chance items I got. Those "Radiant Galaxies" look like they're worth $10 for another bundle to get another easy million gold for more items I want.

But yeah, all those things of "free iPads" - you usually have to spend money on a bunch of their offers and you never get the gold. However offers to try Netflix? I plan to do that anyways so I will use this chance to get me the Gaia Cash. Netflix is a good deal anyways from everyone I know who has it. But that is a bonafide business, unlike a lot of those offers involving surveys or "free" items that aren't free. I never bother with IMVU. that's me.

Also if you don't mind me asking-- what is that man-eating flower thing you have? I want to get one. smile Thx,

and a tip for your post. biggrin

First off, the item is "Dionaesil;" it's one of my favorites, actually! It's pretty inexpensive, and while the colors are difficult to match, it's fantastic when they do (and, of course, there is the fabulous Audrey II form). Since your two preceding posts are clear evidence of your dedication to the game, I see no reason why not to share my secret to having a good time in zOMG when you're sick of hotkeys 1-8; many newer players don't understand that certain items allow you to completely change forms, resulting in plenty of (gentle) hilarity if you play it right 3nodding If you ever see me on and RPing an invading alien, as I am prone to do on slow nights, please feel free to join in! Anyways, my post is mostly geared towards younger zOMGers; some of us (myself included, technically) have incomes but may need to conserve funds, but my main concern is with the young'uns. One of the few things Gaia has done to SERIOUSLY anger me is including unsafe offers in their little "Cash Tree" scheme. The eleven year old who ducked under the "13+ registration" (what a joke!) isn't going to see anything weird about entering whatever the pretty pages ask them to, with possibly catastrophic results. I know that most will never see this post, but I like to think that maybe one or two will. There are bad people out there...it's a shame, really.

6,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
Ora the Owlish

First off, the item is "Dionaesil;" it's one of my favorites, actually! It's pretty inexpensive, and while the colors are difficult to match, it's fantastic when they do (and, of course, there is the fabulous Audrey II form). Since your two preceding posts are clear evidence of your dedication to the game, I see no reason why not to share my secret to having a good time in zOMG when you're sick of hotkeys 1-8; many newer players don't understand that certain items allow you to completely change forms, resulting in plenty of (gentle) hilarity if you play it right 3nodding If you ever see me on and RPing an invading alien, as I am prone to do on slow nights, please feel free to join in! Anyways, my post is mostly geared towards younger zOMGers; some of us (myself included, technically) have incomes but may need to conserve funds, but my main concern is with the young'uns. One of the few things Gaia has done to SERIOUSLY anger me is including unsafe offers in their little "Cash Tree" scheme. The eleven year old who ducked under the "13+ registration" (what a joke!) isn't going to see anything weird about entering whatever the pretty pages ask them to, with possibly catastrophic results. I know that most will never see this post, but I like to think that maybe one or two will. There are bad people out there...it's a shame, really.

Thank you for the info. I just scored me one of those plants. smile

How do you do what you do? change form in the game? that would be fun. (you can PM me that if you want)

I know sometimes I just get bored and don't feel like doing much, I just go to Village Green and level down to 2.5 and whack lawn gnomes for awhile.

I agree, I wish the cash tree had more in the way of responsible offers in it. But sometimes companies like this contract with advertising agencies to set up deals like that. Zynga and Broken Bulb have many of the same kinds of offers for their games on Facebook for example (I used to play My Town on FB for a year and gave up, got tired of Broken Bulb not supporting their game, etc.)

Offers that come from companies like Netflix are usually legit because I did it actually on My Town. Luckily I have a new credit card so I can do it again on here if I wanted to. So many of those offers are shady. On the other hand, it's cool to get a few Gaia cash just to download MSIE 9.0 to my machine (then dump it later, I use Firefox! lol!) - but even there, I don't download anything unless it is something like that, and IF it say, uses Microsoft's website. I think there was one to download RealPlayer too- that's legit, I've used RP for years on my PC and Mac. But for people less experienced it's probably good to avoid downloads unless they know exactly what they are doing.

But I figure buying a Gaia card at Kroger's or a 7Eleven Store for $10 or even $25 is easier and doesn't require me to transmit my credit card over the internet and I also get a crystal box to sell on MP for a cool 30,000 gold. I mean even for someone, say a teenager with his/her allowance (do kids get allowances these days? lol!) and/or a few bucks from working at a job- even a $10 Gaia Card can buy some beefy power ups for zomg. So on a cool Friday night or weekend, $10 plus $1 at Redbox for a movie and maybe a couple bucks for soda or snacks can mean a fun night on Zomg for the price of a first run movie at the theater. smile

But I totally agree with you about the cash tree thing. It's a good idea to have bogus gmail accounts and FB accounts for that very purpose anyways. Not just here but for other sites too.

Also I just thought of more suggestions- say when a player reaches level 9 or higher- maybe they can come back to the Aqueduct for example and do some more missions for that MiB guy, say where you can score items that can be used for Alchemy for example (that alchemy thing is hard- I find it's actually easier/cheaper to get the gold and just buy the item you're trying to forge anyways because people often gouge on Marketplace for some of the needed elements). I just figure if they can find ways to tie zomg to some of their other games and make them work together more maybe that could also generate more interest? I'd love to be a fly on the wall to hear what gets discussed about this in the corporate boardroom for Gaia. I'm sure I'm not presenting some ideas that haven't already been discussed, who knows. Trying to keep it real I guess. smile

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300

Romantic Gaian

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
emotion_dowant

Dapper Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
emotion_omnomnom

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
emotion_awesome

5,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
Nyrva Dragonwood
Hello,

I just want to say I love zomg. It is easily my favorite game on gaia and actually my favorite online game. I usually prefer single player console games on Playstation- this is the one game I play frequently online and to me it is highly addicting.) The game is a great way to unwind after a long grueling day at work and intense college classes.

I do buy powerups for this. I plan to drop a few bucks this week for the $10 bundle full of powerups for zomg this weekend to resupply my depleted ones and some to sell on MP.

Ghi Amp makes it possible to do quicker r4 attacks/moves and DoubleOrb deluxe has helped me level up quicker.

I also buy revives and superchargers. In fact I wish there was a powerup item to replenish stamina faster because I buy those too.

I have even won gold in papa saw runs to buy rare rings like sugar rush and fortunes favor to increase my speed and loot drops.

I also hope that more single player quests can be added as I only have a few quests left on Gold Beach to finish. But I doubt it since they take a crew to go to Shallow Seas and it cannot be beaten as a single player. It is hard to get on those crews).

To that point I will say this also: DMS gets so much hype yet it takes a crew of 6 to kill one monster and the loot drops are a joke. I spent 5 hours one night on DMS to score only 30 black orbs. Another night to score 40- just to get a single ring up to 10.7. I have 25 rings at level 10- It will take a very long time to get each one to level 12. Getting on DMS crews is very hard as most players who are above level 10 do not allow level 10 players to play, etc.

By contrast a single wave on papa saw at normal with a crew of 6 yields 500 gold and sometimes a couple dozen charge orbs, sometimes a ring or other items. An entire run on Papa Saw can mean anywhere from 5000-10000 gold. In just a half hour I can rack up between 20000-30000 gold and between 100-200 charge orbs and other loot. But Papa Saw is being allowed to fall apart to the point where sometimes the game stops after a few waves and finishing becomes impossible. And since there are more lower level players, there isnt the smugness, arrogance, and level discrimination that exists with some crews on DMS runs. Ive had to form crews myself calling for other level 10 players who want to join runs in order to play DMS. Its bull.)

The willingness of some players to allow other people to join their crews is an issue that of course cannot be helped and is really up to the players in question in a given crew. but thats why Id like to see more single player quests where a crew is not needed though optional) can be introduced- even within existing worlds with existing characters. What if there are new single player quests introduced say in Old Aqueduct or even Village Green for that matter, for players level 9 and up? Or just people who want to simply kill lawn gnomes and score loot but with increased challenge?

Just some ideas.

Overall, I love zomg and will continue to support the game as long as it exists because it is fun and addicting. I just hope some of these suggestions are being tossed around. On the other hand, I also understand the business sense as well, right now costing more to have the game than there is money coming in.

I wonder perhaps if more sponsors can be incorporated? What if there are sponsor quests or enemies to kill? Right now you have the zombie Walking Dead thing in the rally -- might be fun to shoot a bunch of those in Dead Mans Pass and give even lower-level players some additional targets to shoot at? Just an idea. What about shooting at the Woman in Black? that would be fun! Or better yet, shooting that guy from the movie walking around on Virtual Hollywood handing out the poster items? lol!

Just like DMS- where an extra area within an area is made- perhaps a sponsor area can be added to one of the existing areas where sponsor targets can be hacked, slashed, shot at, etc.

I realize I dont work at Gaia and I have some retail background myself so I know about the business side to a point and I dont have the facts and figures in front of me. Yet I hope some positive things can still yet happen with zomg. smile

So thats my 2ยข worth.

Thank you Gaia, and I hope zomg still has a bright future ahead of it. smile
just... Shhhhh. Say no more. I give my full out utter love for this godly post. You do not understand how powerful this Post is. From one person came a life changing idea. Im just so speechless. It was so well said, word for word. Please someone needs to ******** read this. Im just- I just ******** orgasmed. I love you, the Person who created this post. crying bless this beloved post.
I raped your tip button by the way.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
emotion_dowant