Welcome to Gaia! ::

1 100.0% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 22 ]
1 2 >

So its a thread about clans, but not a clan in and of itself.

If you go read the stickies it seems like shes giving pre-requisites for each thread, and those requirements seem to exclude discussing clans and more trying to create them.

SO!

I'm posting here...

I'm curious, what do you look for in a clan? How do you feel about exclusivity? Would you rather be in a huge clan or a smaller one or something in between?

What attracts you to a clan?

If you catch clan members and/or leaders breaking rules how apt are you to report?

What have clans been like in the various MMOs you have played?

What do you think the clans in the Gaia MMO will be like?

.....To sum it all up this thread is a general discussion about the clan aspect of the game and the question above were really just to give you ideas on what to talk about....

I looked around a little in Q's pro and journal and what not. I know hes said that clans will be a big part of the PvP feature but really little else... So lets speculate wildly!

Agile Glitch

Like most/all MMORPGs I avoid joining clans/guilds/any kind of fighting groups. I don't know why but I like trying to do things on my own a little to much--the only time I'd join a group is if it's small and mainly consists of my friends that I know.

If I were/had to join a random clan I think I'd maybe pick a big one so members of the clan wouldn't be so dependent on others to be there because of the small number they carry. And that way I can be forgotten more easily and wander off to do my own thing. XD
Heiros
Like most/all MMORPGs I avoid joining clans/guilds/any kind of fighting groups. I don't know why but I like trying to do things on my own a little to much--the only time I'd join a group is if it's small and mainly consists of my friends that I know.

If I were/had to join a random clan I think I'd maybe pick a big one so members of the clan wouldn't be so dependent on others to be there because of the small number they carry. And that way I can be forgotten more easily and wander off to do my own thing. XD

I'm very similar. Even in FFXI where its necessary to party up I hate doing it.

but I love the idea of owning my own clan/guild, even if there are no other members.

I dunno why... Not for bragging rights... I dunno.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
I usually don't like partying up.
I'm a bit of a loner, especially when I'm leveling.

However, since I've started playing Puzzle Pirates (groups are necessary for most things) I've realized the beauty of having groups of friends to play with. Fun conversations between leveling and questing (or even during) are always loved.
Im not looking for a clan, im looking for a big blunt object to hit everyone who has made a clan. Qixter hasnt even released clans or talk any details about them, yet they are the main reason noobs come here and spam the s**t out of this place, they are looking for some stupid naruto clan to join.

Once Qixter officially states that there will be a clan system, ill stop having this negativity. But until then, everyone that likes clans, is on my hit list.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Well Cho

Chit chat is always fun

Though WoW has taught me that when someone is a healer that they shouldn't be talking about the tumor in his dogs butt D:.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Tessenjitsu
Im not looking for a clan, im looking for a big blunt object to hit everyone who has made a clan. Qixter hasnt even released clans or talk any details about them, yet they are the main reason noobs come here and spam the s**t out of this place, they are looking for some stupid naruto clan to join.

Once Qixter officially states that there will be a clan system, ill stop having this negativity. But until then, everyone that likes clans, is on my hit list.

Tess he did.

I gave you a link and everything.

Read man read!
I've made a clan, and really I find that clans/guilds are a good source of help, and of course with most clans/guilds you have the freedom to go out and venture out in solo combat, while you may be able to call on friends from the clan/guild to help you.

Edit: They becoem very usefull.
Prestige.
Honor.
Getting your underlings to kick backsides into the ground!

Pardon, I'm only joking.
I would be attracted to a clan that has a well organized purpose, aid system, and clan hierarchy. What is a clan without a mission but a mob of players? Well, probably a mob of players having fun. biggrin

I'm glad to see someone thought this topic up.

Blessed Inquisitor

12,125 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Tessenjitsu

so im on your hit list?

ive been in a few clans on mmos, and my best experience ive had was one where i was the right hand man of its owner.

we didnt meet up and quest all the time, just if anyone was really stuck, i loved being in it because of the people, the games for me would be really dull to play, but because we could all chat in the guild channel no matter where in the world we were.

thats why i started up my one, so i could hope to gather together like minded people who just want to have fun while we play

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
GenTrigger
Tessenjitsu

Tess he did.

I gave you a link and everything.

Read man read!

If clans weren't going to be in this, I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be a Clan subforum.
Sykle
Prestige.
Honor.
Getting your underlings to kick backsides into the ground!

Pardon, I'm only joking.
I would be attracted to a clan that has a well organized purpose, aid system, and clan hierarchy. What is a clan without a mission but a mob of players? Well, probably a mob of players having fun. biggrin

I'm glad to see someone thought this topic up.

I've been giving thought towards making an exclusive guild/clan reserved for more "well traveled" gamers like myself.

People that know the difference between MUDs and MARS.
This thread should be moved to the clans thread. Just cause they didn't mention that fact it, is implied after what they stated it should be in the clans forum I will have them move it. Have a good day.
The_Ice_Panda
This thread should be moved to the clans thread. Just cause they didn't mention that fact it, is implied after what they stated it should be in the clans forum I will have them move it. Have a good day.
K whatever.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces