Welcome to Gaia! ::

IRL Cat

Aseres
curtneko
well he clearly didn't want to let everyone know off the bat or wasn't allowed to, yet the one person he trusted the information to immediately blurted it out to the community

caring isn't bad, but it comes across as though we're (including jk) trying to stir up drama when it's like this rather than from an official/in-depth statement or from him on here directly

nothing on us in particular but i'd bet jk didn't want to go out having tension with the company (though who knows), at least not from something as official as a skype chat excerpt*

*it's from jk of course, but it's as official as swarf picking at gaia over funding way back when

It wouldn't look bad on JK if users stirred up drama, as customers that's their right. It would look bad on him if HE stirred up drama and he hasn't done that nor does he plan on doing it at this point in time. He told Ren about being layed off and he always had plans of telling the community, so her "blurting it out" as you put it is nothing that goes against his wishes and intentions so please don't be upset/annoyed/antagonistic towards her 3nodding

Also, you have to understand that swarf was likely committing a breach of contract when he ranted on the forums as just about 90% of all contracts (and that goes for severance agreements that you commonly sign in conjunction with accepting your severance package) clearly state that you're not allowed to negatively speak about the company, especially to customers. Pan kind of pushed the line already by explaining how they were let go.
has he actually said this directly? i thought the fact that we had to find out through a random skype conversation showed that he either wasn't interested in letting us know or wasn't allowed to let us know until the official statement

obviously he wouldn't look bad if only the players stir up drama, but there's nothing to say that jk isn't involved since the entire basis of the drama (until the official statement) is based on jk's skype conversation (which makes us seem biased as well)

nothing against ren either, i'm glad she at least let us know though i think people in general are jumping the gun a bit with what little information we have

this isn't considering what pan said, as a ton of people are ready and willing to attack gaia with just knowledge of the skype conversation (which is what i'm speaking against)

Mega Hoarder

curtneko
Aseres
curtneko
well he clearly didn't want to let everyone know off the bat or wasn't allowed to, yet the one person he trusted the information to immediately blurted it out to the community

caring isn't bad, but it comes across as though we're (including jk) trying to stir up drama when it's like this rather than from an official/in-depth statement or from him on here directly

nothing on us in particular but i'd bet jk didn't want to go out having tension with the company (though who knows), at least not from something as official as a skype chat excerpt*

*it's from jk of course, but it's as official as swarf picking at gaia over funding way back when

It wouldn't look bad on JK if users stirred up drama, as customers that's their right. It would look bad on him if HE stirred up drama and he hasn't done that nor does he plan on doing it at this point in time. He told Ren about being layed off and he always had plans of telling the community, so her "blurting it out" as you put it is nothing that goes against his wishes and intentions so please don't be upset/annoyed/antagonistic towards her 3nodding

Also, you have to understand that swarf was likely committing a breach of contract when he ranted on the forums as just about 90% of all contracts (and that goes for severance agreements that you commonly sign in conjunction with accepting your severance package) clearly state that you're not allowed to negatively speak about the company, especially to customers. Pan kind of pushed the line already by explaining how they were let go.
has he actually said this directly? i thought the fact that we had to find out through a random skype conversation showed that he either wasn't interested in letting us know or wasn't allowed to let us know until the official statement

obviously he wouldn't look bad if only the players stir up drama, but there's nothing to say that jk isn't involved since the entire basis of the drama (until the official statement) is based on jk's skype conversation (which makes us seem biased as well)

nothing against ren either, i'm glad she at least let us know though i think people in general are jumping the gun a bit with what little information we have

this isn't considering what pan said, as a ton of people are ready and willing to attack gaia with just knowledge of the skype conversation (which is what i'm speaking against)

my impression is that Ren just happened to be chatting with him on skype and he mentioned it. Obviously he didn't ask her to not tell us, or she wouldn't have. And there is nothing at all wrong with friends passing along info, that they were not asked to keep secret, to other concerned friends.

IRL Vampire

curtneko

Pan said what he said, so you're discussing the theoretical situation where he didn't say anything dramallama

And he's said it directly to me dramallama

IRL Cat

Aseres
curtneko

also, reading over pan's journal entry (it's four days old???) i don't really get any sort of vibe that comes across as speaking negatively about gaia (closest would be the "pretentious blowhards" comment)

he seemed to just be giving an honest reflection with some playful self-deprecation here and there

RafiCat
curtneko
Aseres
curtneko

my impression is that Ren just happened to be chatting with him on skype and he mentioned it. Obviously he didn't ask her to not tell us, or she wouldn't have. And there is nothing at all wrong with friends passing along info, that they were not asked to keep secret, to other concerned friends.
i don't really think he'd need to tell us "no" directly, the fact alone that he didn't tell us himself makes it seem as though he didn't intend for us to know until the official statement (which a ton of people aren't even aware of, hence jumping the gun)

Aseres
curtneko

Pan said what he said, so you're discussing the theoretical situation where he didn't say anything dramallama

And he's said it directly to me dramallama
a ton of people have no idea about pan's journal entry (or aren't smart enough to realize the correlation between it and jk being let go) but are ready and willing to attack gaia with just the skype conversation to fall back on

obviously that isn't as big a deal as yesterday, but it's still something that can (and will) happen

Mega Hoarder

curtneko
also, reading over pan's journal entry (it's four days old???)

excuse me, its dated this morning, a little over 3 hours ago...

IRL Cat

RafiCat
curtneko
also, reading over pan's journal entry (it's four days old???)

excuse me, its dated this morning, a little over 3 hours ago...
yeah, my bad

i was looking to the far right and just saw 4/21/13

confused me, as people were only bringing it up today

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
we back to normal right? let's keep this thread as to what it should be guys. and i absolutely tl;dr you all's lengthy quoting.

anyway, thanks rafi for finding information and linking. so.. hopefully this whirlwind will settle a little..

Mega Hoarder

scullylam
we back to normal right? let's keep this thread as to what it should be guys. and i absolutely tl;dr you all's lengthy quoting.

anyway, thanks rafi for finding information and linking. so.. hopefully this whirlwind will settle a little..

I think at this point we just need to wait for whatever official announcement they will make. We can speculate all we want, but we won't really know anything til we get some hard info. And we really also need to not make inflammatory remarks. 3nodding

Mega Nerd

JK, I'm really sorry to hear this. I truly wish you the best going forward, and knowing your multiple talents, I can only imagine that bigger and better things are in store for you.

Fashionable Bookworm

19,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Thank you, JK, for all the hard work you put into our beloved zOMG! I'm not worried about you, since someone of your talents in this industry will undoubtedly be snapped up by some lucky company within a week. But you will definitely be missed, and never forgotten.

Sweet Glitch

Thank you for all your hard work, JK and Mlos you made of ZOMG the best thing ever. Hope your path be covered in gold (meaning success)

My special moments were in meetings when devs use to spread those 20CL monsters and many other occasions...

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
[ JK ]!!! I'M GOING TO MISS YOU AND YOUR EVIL SPAWNS!!! crying

Dapper Dabbler

I never got to meet you, [JK], BUT THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! zOMG! is my favorite part of Gaia. I hope you and Pan are both able to find good jobs soon.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Here's hoping that [JK] lands on his feet. He's got the talent and brains to be great wherever he ends up.

Probably doesn't help the mood any that this song on my playlist began as I was reading.

Perfect Saint

crying

At least, you are still a colored name to me [ JK ] although brown suits you better than blue.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff