Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Hoarder

so, apparently a lot of people were let go:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/jk-and-panagrammic-no-longer-devs/t.85688267/

this bodes ill not only for zomg, but for the site as a whole imo.

also imo, when new management takes drastic sweeping action like this, it tends to indicate insecurity on their part - they want to make a statement about their power and their control by firing people rather than showing us some true admin skills.

may be impolitic to say, but it's what I think.

Mega Hoarder

He makes it sound so cynical.
An optimistic pessimist?

Paul-19's Fangirl

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Good bye JK.
Thank you for all your effort on Zomg! It has gotten me threw the darkest times in my life. No matter what was wrong I could always go on Zomg and get laughs form my fellow players and see the light within the dark.
And most of all it gave me something to do while I was pregnant and depressed with nothing else. It has led me to meet many people and given me much joy and happnies.
Gl with the next steps of your life.

Mega Hoarder

Binary Mess

He makes it sound so cynical.
An optimistic pessimist?

well, thats pretty much what I am too. I'm optimistic by nature, but cynical and pessimistic by experience. rolleyes

Santiago-kun's Girlfriend

Edgiest Sweetheart

51,940 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Thank you for being with us, JK and Pan. I might not be there as often in Zomg! but I wish you both for a better future... and hopefully visit us now and then. emo

Mega Hoarder

edy has posted here:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/jk-and-panagrammic-no-longer-devs/t.85688267_159/#159

"there will be official news soon"

Aekea Citizen

This news came like a lightening strike. I'm really sad to hear this, but that's life. Expect unexpected, I guess. Although I was a fan of zOMG! since it came out, I was never one of its 'elite' members, but in spite of it, I enjoyed a few dev meets and awesome monster spawns directed by [JK] which will never be forgotten. I always highly appreciated that some of zOMG! devs, especially [JK], had been very close to the community and actually listened to us and our wishes and desires. So thank you for the memories, this wonderful game and everything else you've done for us, and even though I don't know you, I sincerely wish you all the best in your life, as well as in career.

Cheers! wink

IRL Cat

RafiCat
curtneko
Miyaka Hana
I think that I'm gonna have some fun at the next ata.
RafiCat
Miyaka Hana

yeah, we should all post...
no one should post about either of them being laid off, especially considering we weren't even supposed to know

we don't know the details and there could be a very legitimate reason for the two of them being let go, attacking gaia based on nothing more than an assumption is just going to ruin both jk and pan's credibility even further

maybe you're right, I won't say anything. But I think they would expect a bit of a stir when they let go of two of their most popular devs.
but i don't believe we were even supposed to know, so it does nothing but make us look nosey and and untrustworthy and jk look foolish giving us this information and not expecting us to do what we did

Aseres
curtneko
no one should post about either of them being laid off, especially considering we weren't even supposed to know

we don't know the details and there could be a very legitimate reason for the two of them being let go, attacking gaia based on nothing more than an assumption is just going to ruin both jk and pan's credibility even further

The userbase may not have been supposed to know but now the info is out and public on the forums so why not dramallama The users are the customers of the website and it's definitely the prerogative of a customer to ask a business questions and, if there is any, express dissatisfaction.
i suppose they can't view us any more unfavourably than they already do, though it might make jk/pan look worse

IRL Vampire

curtneko
RafiCat
curtneko
Miyaka Hana
RafiCat
Miyaka Hana

maybe you're right, I won't say anything. But I think they would expect a bit of a stir when they let go of two of their most popular devs.
but i don't believe we were even supposed to know, so it does nothing but make us look nosey and and untrustworthy and jk look foolish giving us this information and not expecting us to do what we did

Aseres
curtneko

The userbase may not have been supposed to know but now the info is out and public on the forums so why not dramallama The users are the customers of the website and it's definitely the prerogative of a customer to ask a business questions and, if there is any, express dissatisfaction.
i suppose they can't view us any more unfavourably than they already do, though it might make jk/pan look worse
Why would the fact that people care about them make them look bad?

Also, in response to what you said to Rafi: Pan made a journal entry confirming/announcing that it was a "mass" layoff that effected, among others, several senior people. So at monday ATA people would only be responding to information "officially" given. Furthermore, again, why care if we look "nosey" to the company? Are we supposed to want to look "good" to them? I'd rather look like a confident customer.

Mega Hoarder

curtneko
RafiCat
curtneko
Miyaka Hana
RafiCat
Miyaka Hana

Aseres
curtneko

according to edy, there will be some sort of official announcement soon...

Mega Hoarder

Aseres
curtneko
RafiCat
curtneko
Miyaka Hana
RafiCat

Aseres
curtneko

this. 3nodding

I don't see how either they or us would look bad for being concerned about our friends.

IRL Cat

Aseres
curtneko
RafiCat
curtneko
Miyaka Hana
RafiCat

Aseres
curtneko

Also, in response to what you said to Rafi: Pan made a journal entry confirming/announcing that it was a "mass" layoff that effected, among others, several senior people. So at monday ATA people would only be responding to information "officially" given. Furthermore, again, why care if we look "nosey" to the company? Are we supposed to want to look "good" to them? I'd rather look like a confident customer.
well he clearly didn't want to let everyone know off the bat or wasn't allowed to, yet the one person he trusted the information to immediately blurted it out to the community

caring isn't bad, but it comes across as though we're (including jk) trying to stir up drama when it's like this rather than from an official/in-depth statement or from him on here directly

nothing on us in particular but i'd bet jk didn't want to go out having tension with the company (though who knows), at least not from something as official as a skype chat excerpt*

*it's from jk of course, but it's as official as swarf picking at gaia over funding way back when

IRL Cat

RafiCat
curtneko
RafiCat
curtneko
Miyaka Hana
RafiCat

Aseres
curtneko

according to edy, there will be some sort of official announcement soon...
after this however, it's a free-for-all

IRL Vampire

curtneko
well he clearly didn't want to let everyone know off the bat or wasn't allowed to, yet the one person he trusted the information to immediately blurted it out to the community

caring isn't bad, but it comes across as though we're (including jk) trying to stir up drama when it's like this rather than from an official/in-depth statement or from him on here directly

nothing on us in particular but i'd bet jk didn't want to go out having tension with the company (though who knows), at least not from something as official as a skype chat excerpt*

*it's from jk of course, but it's as official as swarf picking at gaia over funding way back when

It wouldn't look bad on JK if users stirred up drama, as customers that's their right. It would look bad on him if HE stirred up drama and he hasn't done that nor does he plan on doing it at this point in time. He told Ren about being layed off and he always had plans of telling the community, so her "blurting it out" as you put it is nothing that goes against his wishes and intentions so please don't be upset/annoyed/antagonistic towards her 3nodding

Also, you have to understand that swarf was likely committing a breach of contract when he ranted on the forums as just about 90% of all contracts (and that goes for severance agreements that you commonly sign in conjunction with accepting your severance package) clearly state that you're not allowed to negatively speak about the company, especially to customers. Pan kind of pushed the line already by explaining how they were let go.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff