RafiCat
and... this thread is so derailed! rofl
Let me fix that.

User Image

Mega Hoarder

Aseres
RafiCat
Aseres

I'm really as far from earth-bound as you can get though, haha. JK linked me to that website where people apply for part-taking in the first colony on Mars and I reaaallyy (seriously, legit) wanted to go hahaha. Mr.JK prefers good old earth though, how boring!

I saw that Mars thing - it was posted on fb by David Brin, one of my favorite authors. But didn't bother to go check it out. Was it legit? Did you sign up??

I'm all for colonizing other places in our solar system! We should have already had a moon colony, and a Mars colony, at the very least!

In a way I'd be less afraid of spaceflight than I am of regular airplanes. But my health isn't good enough to withstand the g forces of take off, and I'm just too old. cry
Seems like it's legit... I didn't look at the website too closely because I would've gotten sucked in and applied sweatdrop . I would have applied too if I were single, but JK is the focus of my life now, and as much as flying to Mars is literally my childhood dream, he takes priority now heart . He read some of it though and told me it's legit - no way he'd apply with me though <////3

My health isn't that great either, but I think I'd make it through pure stubborn awesomeness hahaha~ I think there's an age limit to whom they want for that colonization project, but theoretically there's not much of an age limit to space flight as long as you are in good health!

I have a heart condition, and really doubt I would make it thru takeoff, plus for colonization you either have to be of childbearing age (I'm not) or have a valuable skill (have none).

But kudos to the brave peoples who do go!

Mega Hoarder

Aseres
RafiCat
and... this thread is so derailed! rofl
Let me fix that.

xd

Familiar Lunatic

By the time serious Mars colonization happens, we'll be cyborgs with no concerns for health or age, only how much soul we're willing to give up to the SuperCorp talk2hand

Even, Telepresence tech may be advanced enough you won't have to go there physically, just log in your robot avatar through the New New Internet (F2P, if you want more arms, faster move speed, or soylent pink instead of the usual green, pay up) and enjoy the ~3 to 20mins lag. All to experience Mars's famous cold. Dust. Rocks.

And triple-___ mutant play____ sponsored by KFSyntheticC's and GoogleSkittleTwitahBook :U

Lightbringer

20,100 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Qyp
Stellar Phoenix

Wow Stellar you is still on Gaia >O>

YoushouldknowwhoIam.

I disappeared for awhile (like three years) but I'm back now.

Uhhhmmm. I do feel like I know you but I'm sorry omg just rattle my brain please. sweatdrop

Lightbringer

20,100 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Aseres
Ahh, there are so many other games out there, and some really good ones too. My old team are trying to bully me into playing L2 again, but I highly doubt I will (though they just won the US/EU tournament, so it'd be a pretty good point to start out from, ohohoho). First big hurdle is the fact that my gaming laptop broke haha! But either way, I'd rather concentrate on my future with JK for now than commit to some video game. You know me: I either give it my 110% or don't bother~

Are there ways to get over that sort of fear? : O I mean while I can see that the idea is scary, it's not really a realistic fear because airplane accidents happen incredibly incredibly rarely. I'm really as far from earth-bound as you can get though, haha. JK linked me to that website where people apply for part-taking in the first colony on Mars and I reaaallyy (seriously, legit) wanted to go hahaha. Mr.JK prefers good old earth though, how boring!

I remember L2! I found some screencaps of my character on there. I wish my laptop was good for gaming though, but it really isn't. It'll start to lag and overheat. But yes, I totally understand! That's more important than a video game anyway.

I'm not sure. There must be, and I think for me it's not really a fear of crashing. It's more I guess a lack of control? I'm not sure how to put it. For one, it's really high up. sweatdrop And two it's a limited space and I just get anxious thinking about it. One day though. I might have to agree with JK! Although space travel does sound like a lot of fun. Just knock us both out and we'll never know the difference.

Seon-Sama's Wife

Altruistic Protector

15,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Jack-pot 100
;-; I'm really sad I didn't see or hear anything about this sooner. It's going to be sad seeing one of my fave devs leaving...you were really the only one who ever responded to the other users and myself. I enjoyed the fact you always tried your best to make this place as fun as you could for everyone. Gaia made a big mistake cutting you all, but I hope that you will let us know in the future if you go to another site to help them. I would love to see what you create next. I know zOMG! was a big part of my gaia experience, and made my time on here even better. Especially that silly time I found you lurking in GB and you spawned CL 10.0 bosses. x3

Also, this maybe explains the lack of Easter event on zOMG! this year, which had me very depressed. Was something that always got the community together for a great time, and I loved it. That will be sorely missed as well.

Anywho, endrant. I wish you well with your marriage, and any future endeavors you go after! Drop in and say hi sometimes, because there's a lot of people here who love ya [ JK ]! heart

Vampiric Knight

Thank you for all your hard work on zOMG and your absolute dedication to its community.

I wish you all the best and hope all your future endeavors go well.

Hope to see you around.

Edit:
Ohsnap. Congrats on the upcoming nuptials!
Aseres
Kaniskion
Aseres
Kaniskion
Aseres
Kaniskion

It should be such that you are rendered unconscious during the duration of the flight. That way you wont even know if the plan is crashing if it does and die in fear. xp
BUT THEN YOU'D MISS OUT ON THE MOVIES scream

Oh yeah. And airplane food. How can you miss out on that? eek
shaddap you! I always go for the Hindu food option because indian food is more delicious than failtastic American food. Worst is still the British stuff emotion_puke

As an Indian, I'll take that as a compliment. Our food does rock. also hindu =/= Indian.
Not every Indian is Hindu and not every Hindu is Indian, but if you check the 'hindu' food option when you book a flight you get Indian food, so QQ moah! dramallama dramallama
And Indian food really is the bomb - I quite like middle eastern food (omg iranian bbq emotion_drool ) and Hui Chinese cuisine too, but Indian is among the top 3! It's JK's no 1 btw, he suggested we have Indian for our wedding dinner lolololol

s**t, man. You gotta invite me to your wedding then. gonk
RafiCat
Kaniskion
Aseres
Kaniskion
Binary Mess
Aseres

Airplanes ah yes.
Airplanes are designed with several fail-safes in case something ever happens.
Their hull alone can withstand tons of force.
Pilots are also trained to land airplanes in several crazy situations.
They are also built to withstand normal lightning strikes.
And do you want to know how you can increase your odds?
By listening to the safety protocols.

you're less likely to survive a plane crash though even with all safety measures. Falling out of the sky is painful s**t. gonk
Well, yeah, but when you're dead you won't care either way! Another advantage of airplanes razz You either have a safe flight and everything is fine... or you won't care!

It should be such that you are rendered unconscious during the duration of the flight. That way you wont even know if the plan is crashing if it does and die in fear. xp

the last time I was on a plane was 1984...

Since then, I lost my faith in them, or developed too high of a sense of my own mortality. I no longer believe planes can fly... I mean look at how big and heavy they are! PLus, I think most crashes are human error. I trust humans not so much...

And yeah, if I ever really really had to get on a plane, I would much prefer to be unconscious the entire time!

Planes are the safest mode of transportation though. You're more likely to die in a car accident. razz

Familiar Lunatic

Kaniskion
s**t, man. You gotta invite me to your wedding then. gonk
You're edible and Indian.

emotion_omnomnom

Mega Hoarder

Kaniskion
RafiCat
Kaniskion
Aseres
Kaniskion

you're less likely to survive a plane crash though even with all safety measures. Falling out of the sky is painful s**t. gonk
Well, yeah, but when you're dead you won't care either way! Another advantage of airplanes razz You either have a safe flight and everything is fine... or you won't care!

Since then, I lost my faith in them, or developed too high of a sense of my own mortality. I no longer believe planes can fly... I mean look at how big and heavy they are! PLus, I think most crashes are human error. I trust humans not so much...

And yeah, if I ever really really had to get on a plane, I would much prefer to be unconscious the entire time!

Planes are the safest mode of transportation though. You're more likely to die in a car accident. razz

I know. But I still won't fly. I simply don't believe airplanes can stay in the air. I fear my disbelief will cause the plane to fall from the sky.

Also, I don't like to drive long distances either, because it's so dangerous.

Let's just say I have a strong sense of my own mortality, and I greatly fear death.
RafiCat
Kaniskion
RafiCat
Kaniskion
Aseres
Kaniskion

I know. But I still won't fly. I simply don't believe airplanes can stay in the air. I fear my disbelief will cause the plane to fall from the sky.

Let's just say I have a strong sense of my own mortality, and I greatly fear death.

Let me introduce you to a trip in an A-10 Warthog.
Those planes are used for Air-to-Ground and Air-to-Air combat and are extremely durable, it's cockpit is a bathtub of steel and can survive with broken wings and engines.

Mega Hoarder

Binary Mess
RafiCat
Kaniskion
RafiCat
Kaniskion

Those planes are used for Air-to-Ground and Air-to-Air combat and are extremely durable, it's cockpit is a bathtub of steel and can survive with broken wings and engines.

the plane can survive, or the people inside it? am I cocooned in a foam safety chamber? DO YOU GUARANTEE MY SAFETY? xd
RafiCat
Binary Mess
RafiCat
Kaniskion
RafiCat
Kaniskion

the plane can survive, or the people inside it? am I cocooned in a foam safety chamber? DO YOU GUARANTEE MY SAFETY? xd

Yes and Yes and Yes.
Those planes are designed not with combat in mind, but safety too.
So you will always be safe in an A-10 Warthog and you can also fly to the nearest airport despite massive damage.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff