Welcome to Gaia! ::

Out of all the places I've ever worked at, Gaia really was my favorite one. I loved being able to connect with the community.. you guys, and in my work life it's been my most rewarding experience so far. From the Zurg event, zOMG and finally HoC I made a lot of friends that I'll never forget, and I'm really sincerely thankful for each and everyone one of you who's ever cared to leave me a nice message, talk to me, support me and check out the content I helped create.

I'll miss working at Gaia too - we started out as a group of friends who wanted to make a cool website for anime fans. Back then coming to work felt like visiting a friend's place and coming up with awesome ideas and actually making them reality. Over the years Gaia changed and with it's growing size it got more business like which in itself really isn't necessarily a bad thing. We managed to take on bigger projects and in the end even created a whole mmo and other full-fledged games! There are still a lot of great people working at Gaia and I wish them the best for the future. I can't however deny that I'm a bit bitter of the way the layoff was handled. Pan already touched up on it but it hurt that we were denied the chance to even just say goodbye to our colleagues in person.

After all, I really don't regret my time at Gaia. It didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it or expected it to, but I wouldn't trade the experiences I've had for anything. I sincerely wish you, the users and my friends who still work there the best.

Please don't feel too bad about what happened, after all we had a few really great years and created some really great memories together and you can be sure that I won't just disappear! I'll make sure to check in and keep in touch smile

I'd also like to say thank you for all the great years with all the other people that were let go. You guys are in the same boat as me and I hope you're not feeling too sad. I'm especially thinking about those of you who have been around as long or even longer than me, like Saka, Panagrammic and a few people who's usernames I can't remember.

Lastly, I gained something amazing thanks to Gaia! I met the love of my life, Liz. We've had almost 5 wonderful years together so far and we plan on getting married soon.

See you around fellow users!

- JK

OG Gaian

I know we never really talked much or anything
I came to some meats...
But I really liked you :c

We're all very glad you were a part of gaia

A Furry

33,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hop, Hop, BOOM 500
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
emotion_hug

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Congrats, JK. whee

It's sad to see you go, but I wish you luck with the prospects of a new job 3nodding

Beloved Kitten

Well miss you too! Love ya [ JK ] !!

Obsessed Marshall

71,375 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Marshall's Love 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Good luck in your endeavors [ JK ]! emotion_hug
Hope you two have a good rest of the life! heart

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Pony loves you JK ;w; heart

Original Bunny

14,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Thanks for all the things you have done for us. I appreciate how you took time for us to answer our questions, talk with us, and entertain us. I'll never forget all the memories you created with dev meats and KJ spawns. Thanks to you, I came back to Gaia, met awesome friends, and had an amazing experience on zOMG.

Good luck out there [ JK ]. We'll miss you as a dev, but will always welcome you as a member of our community.

Edit: Congrats on the upcoming marriage with Aseres. Wasn't expecting that. ;D

Mega Hoarder

We have been really fortunate to have the chance to get to know you and the other devs. It has always made this website seem like the friendliest most caring place. I fear that will no longer be true.

We all wish you and the others the very best of luck in your future endeavors, and congrats on your upcoming marriage! I must have missed the previous announcement of this... xd

Darling

de nada,
byebye jk redface

Playful Guildswoman

Please don't be a stranger - and excel wherever you go!
Aww, it was good to know you JK. We'll miss you and good luck in whatever you do outside of Gaia whee Baiiii heart heart

Invisible Friend

23,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Jk even though I didnt know who you were last year when I came back, I got to learn about who you were and even got to talk to you at 1 of the dev meets, you said you were going through a rough time and I hoped for the best, being layed off isnt a best thing at all D: but I dont hope that gaia does realize someday that zOMG couldve been their money making machine and asks for everyone to comeback and work on it someday but until that day, I hope you can find just as a great job gaia was :3
*hugs* I know we didn't really know each other, but I'm sorry this happened, especially in the way that it did. I greatly appreciate you being such a large part of the community, and I'll miss having you around. I wish you the best of luck, both in finding another job you can enjoy, and with your upcoming marriage. (Not that I think you'll have too much trouble with either. She's an amazing person, and no company in their right mind would turn you down.)

IRL Vampire

RafiCat
We have been really fortunate to have the chance to get to know you and the other devs. It has always made this website seem like the friendliest most caring place. I fear that will no longer be true.

We all wish you and the others the very best of luck in your future endeavors, and congrats on your upcoming marriage! I must have missed the previous announcement of this... xd
Sorry for not mentioning it earlier. We were trying to keep it secret in order not to mix up our personal life with his work. Thanks for all the congratulations guys, and hope none of you are too madz dramallama

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff