Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
silent hart
I've seen it be done before.

I believe ccatman has tanked/kited greens w/o wish and diagnose.

Doesn't surprise me, but it's nice to see more people go without diagnose. Takes skills and a good crew to accomplish that.

The Sands of Time Blow....

Actually, From what I hear. The first crew that beat kamila discovered Heal Tanking by accident. One of there crew members got Kamila's Aggro and had too keep using Bandage (The person's only heal) to stay alive. And thus A Heal Tank was born. One that Did First form without Diagnose, Wish, Passives, Or turtle.

Although Heal Tanking had already been in use for yellow maze before that happened, it's part of how they figured out a method back then to beat her.

We use Bandage and Diagnose today simply because it is faster, and easier. The Method was built so it would be difficult to screw up. o3o

....Greeting the Demonic Prince.

Friendly Shapeshifter

11,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Poyudi Hytori

Actually, From what I hear. The first crew that beat kamila discovered Heal Tanking by accident. One of there crew members got Kamila's Aggro and had too keep using Bandage (The person's only heal) to stay alive. And thus A Heal Tank was born. One that Did First form without Diagnose, Wish, Passives, Or turtle.

Although Heal Tanking had already been in use for yellow maze before that happened, it's part of how they figured out a method back then to beat her.

We use Bandage and Diagnose today simply because it is faster, and easier. The Method was built so it would be difficult to screw up. o3o

If I remember correctly, I never said ccatman was the first to initiate the method for tanking, just that he's one I remember to have used bandage as a source for tanking rather than using diagnose/wish altogether for green rooms.

(:

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
silent hart
If I remember correctly, I never said ccatman was the first to initiate the method for tanking, just that he's one I remember to have used bandage as a source for tanking rather than using diagnose/wish altogether for green rooms.

(:

sweatdrop My point was more "Yes it has been done". I'm running on like 4 hours of sleep for the 2nd or 3rd day in a row. :p I can't be expected to make sense at this point.

Most of a Heal Tank's Healing comes from Bandage, (And well Super Chargers.) So it's not surprising that people could do it, But why would you when there are easier ways to Heal Tank?

Dapper Grabber

7,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
Solar...shuriken...DPSer with bandage?!
So that's why I don't play DMS anymore.

Friendly Shapeshifter

11,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Poyudi Hytori
silent hart

(:

sweatdrop My point was more "Yes it has been done". I'm running on like 4 hours of sleep for the 2nd or 3rd day in a row. :p I can't be expected to make sense at this point.

Most of a Heal Tank's Healing comes from Bandage, (And well Super Chargers.) So it's not surprising that people could do it, But why would you when there are easier ways to Heal Tank?

I agree. I feel as though this "discovery" really isn't a discovery at all because, from experience, I've seen it be done countless of times.

The difference between this one and the ones before, is just how people are experimenting new sets.

One thing people need to also keep in mind is that these methods will only work well if you have a good crew that is familiar with the method, and the methods of a tanker.

What it really boils down to is that tanking is only a matter of comfort for the person and the crew. If you have been doing it a certain way and it has been successful and efficient for the crew, then there is no room for argument here. It's just the way it is and preferences are hardly ever the same.

Neophyte Sex Symbol

10,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
This run here went better than the run i am on currently. Which Grue hit just now and I was safe cause Solar is like my new passive.

Rogue

Poyudi Hytori

omg. Solar Rays. No. Just no. emo There are so many far more useful rings for a heal tank to bring besides solar rays.

In Green Rooms it would honestly be more useful to have Fortune's Favor rather then Fitness. (Or hell bring 4 passives instead of Solar Rays. gonk ) I also don't see dropping Diagnose as a good idea, just because something can be done, doesn't mean it should be done. It looks like an interesting Challenge run. But nothing more. Over all I'd say leaving it out only makes it harder on the heal tank, and the back up healer(s).

That Solar Rays really bothers me. Why not Turtle, Or Fortune's Favor, Or Hotfoot, Or Diagnose, Or... Or.... Hell, Sweet Heart, A Buff, ANYTHING besides that useless ring. gonk

its our fav ring and we will never drop it surprised

also, as a back up healer, I didn't find it any difference when it came to healing the tanker.
Silk Kanishk
I know tanks who prefer wish over diag but carrying solar is a new one for me. xd
join the trend :v
silent hart
I've seen it be done before.

I believe ccatman has tanked/kited greens w/o wish and diagnose.

Doesn't surprise me, but it's nice to see more people go without diagnose. Takes skills and a good crew to accomplish that.
oh i didnt know that. I am not trying to claim this is the first time it has been done. Just a suggestion for every zomgers to give this method a go C:

and yes it took skills, trust and a good crew who knew what they were doing
hahacaseyx_
Solar...shuriken...DPSer with bandage?!
So that's why I don't play DMS anymore.
DPSer brought the bandage because its her personal fav ring that she said she would never take it off. We respected that and let her bring that. Simple as that.
XxXReaverWolfXxX
This run here went better than the run i am on currently. Which Grue hit just now and I was safe cause Solar is like my new passive.
welcome to the club! biggrin

Rogue

ccat's been tanking GRs without diag for... ever

edit: wee hart beat me to it 8D

edit edit: Sorry but if you're just picking up another passive instead of a ring that contributes to crew, I don't get the benefit of going diag-less other than just for funsies.
Still Solar lovers, I see

Rogue

Deldevious

edit edit: Sorry but if you're just picking up another passive instead of a ring that contributes to crew, I don't get the benefit of going diag-less other than just for funsies.
his new ff ate his diag and i can't kite were reasons why we did the run ><
Seasend
Still Solar lovers, I see
problem?D;

Friendly Shapeshifter

11,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Leasfy

All I can say is, kudos.
(;
Good work on managing to tank w/o diag.
I myself can't do it without needing a good crew.
>w<
But looking at how long it has been since I've tanked, it'll probably take awhile before I can do it again.
Leasfy
you gotta show me those babies sometime

Rogue

Leasfy
Deldevious

Step 1, drop Rays.
and Okay, grats I guess o3o
as long as you aren't trying to say that GRing with a kite in BL tank set, bu bubu bububu, buffmule, and rays spam isn't anything but.. different sweatdrop

btw how long did it take? emotion_awesome

Rogue

silent hart
Leasfy

All I can say is, kudos.
(;
Good work on managing to tank w/o diag.
I myself can't do it without needing a good crew.
>w<
But looking at how long it has been since I've tanked, it'll probably take awhile before I can do it again.
I can't even kite ; A ;
we can crew with you whee
Seasend
Leasfy
what babies?
Deldevious
Leasfy
Deldevious

Step 1, drop Rays.
and Okay, grats I guess o3o
as long as you aren't trying to say that GRing with a kite in BL tank set, bu bubu bububu, buffmule, and rays spam isn't anything but.. different sweatdrop

btw how long did it take? emotion_awesome
it felt like normal gr run. faster in fact for us. an amp can lasted for up to 4-5 rooms?
Seasend
Leasfy
what babies?your babies with abe

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items