Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rogue

Abe wants to get rid of diagnose for tanking gr because of the several down falls that it has. Diagnose not only heals too little but also has the longest cool down time. Furthermore, it consumes too much stamina in one go anyways along with sand. Its like trying to dps with hack and shark.
So with the help of iFaiji we gave it a go.

Kiter's set:
User Image

Back up healer's set:
User Image

Everyone else's set:
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

For this run, because I am very familiar with his way of kiting gr, I chose to drop meat and bring another attack instead. I also brought Sweetheart ring and count it as a buff. This, however, resulted in having 2 buff mules. It also happened that our adrener brought wish but it wasn't needed at all. You can play around with the ring sets for Back up healer an everyone else but you need to have a lot of trust towards each other. Most of the time, back up healer healed tanker with raged bandage and r1 wish.

Tanker brought those three passives because the extra willpower from those passives would help not only with the sanding but also reducing the damage tanker receive.Wish is really helpful in accumulating more aggro points. Because tanker also kited the room, the rest of crew members would likely already taken damage and by using raged wish from a safe distance to blow heal them, tanker accumulated plenty of aggro points.

Except tanker set, you can play around with everyone's ring set. For instance,
Back Up healer set: wish, band, fitness/integ, meat + 2 non rageable buffs + 2 attack rings

Back Up Back Up healer set: wish, 2 non rageable buffs, fitness/integ, qs/band + 3 attack rings or 4 attack rings

Adrener: Adren,1 non rageable buff, 1 rageable buff, integ/fitness, 4 attack rings or 1 passive + 3 attack rings

Knifer: Knife, 1 non rageable buff, 1 rageable buff, integ/fitness, 4 attack rings or 1 passive + 3 attack rings

Buff Mule: 2 non rageable buffs, 1 rageablle buff, integ/fitness, 4 attack rings or 1 passive + 3 attack rings

Give it a go!

Rogue

All credits also go to these people for making it a successful run. Truly, without you guys, this won't be possible.
AbeIard

iFaiji

XPrinceofSpooky3

Sarahbear Says Hi

ULQUlORRA

XxXReaverWolfXxX

User Image

Indulgent Foe

23,875 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
<3'd. biggrin

Glad to be able to participate. This method worked efficiently and the GR run went smoothly overall. :3

I took wish along, keeping in mind to look out for crew health in general. I raged it when I saw tank's health drop quite low (approx 200 hp a couple of times) and to help out with crew healing when we took some more damage.

iFaiji's Pardner

Much Hobo

42,425 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
>:U u have no idea what you left us

Rogue

Sarahbear Says Hi
<3'd. biggrin

Glad to be able to participate. This method worked efficiently and the GR run went smoothly overall. :3

I took wish along, keeping in mind to look out for crew health in general. I raged it when I saw tank's health drop quite low (approx 200 hp a couple of times) and to help out with crew healing when we took some more damage.
emotion_hug
them NFs and BDs kept appearing too often
emotion_donotwant
MonBazko
emotion_kirakira
I heart you and faiji <33333
well at least HPR didn't reset I heard emotion_awesome

Indulgent Foe

23,875 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
MonBazko

Number one hit song material, ey.

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
The Sands of Time Blow....

omg. Solar Rays. No. Just no. emo There are so many far more useful rings for a heal tank to bring besides solar rays.

In Green Rooms it would honestly be more useful to have Fortune's Favor rather then Fitness. (Or hell bring 4 passives instead of Solar Rays. gonk ) I also don't see dropping Diagnose as a good idea, just because something can be done, doesn't mean it should be done. It looks like an interesting Challenge run. But nothing more. Over all I'd say leaving it out only makes it harder on the heal tank, and the back up healer(s).

That Solar Rays really bothers me. Why not Turtle, Or Fortune's Favor, Or Hotfoot, Or Diagnose, Or... Or.... Hell, Sweet Heart, A Buff, ANYTHING besides that useless ring. gonk

....Greeting the Demonic Prince.

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Poyudi Hytori

omg. Solar Rays. No. Just no. emo There are so many far more useful rings for a heal tank to bring besides solar rays.

In Green Rooms it would honestly be more useful to have Fortune's Favor rather then Fitness. (Or hell bring 4 passives instead of Solar Rays. gonk ) I also don't see dropping Diagnose as a good idea, just because something can be done, doesn't mean it should be done. It looks like an interesting Challenge run. But nothing more. Over all I'd say leaving it out only makes it harder on the heal tank, and the back up healer(s).

That Solar Rays really bothers me. Why not Turtle, Or Fortune's Favor, Or Hotfoot, Or Diagnose, Or... Or.... Hell, Sweet Heart, A Buff, ANYTHING besides that useless ring. gonk

Personally I hate taking FF over Fitness or Integrity, I prefer having better stamina boost, get things done faster, with FF, I feel like I'll be going at a slower pace. Turtle is (for YM-Kam ) Useless. No denying. rofl Plus, those random grues. emotion_zombie I'd take Solar to prevent them if I wasn't patient enough to wait for grue passing.

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Miyaka Hana
Poyudi Hytori

Personally I hate taking FF over Fitness or Integrity, I prefer having better stamina boost, get things done faster, with FF, I feel like I'll be going at a slower pace. Turtle is (for YM-Kam ) Useless. No denying. rofl Plus, those random grues. emotion_zombie I'd take Solar to prevent them if I wasn't patient enough to wait for grue passing.

So Turtle is useless in a room with say 5 packs of blood bats? The Logic. Also, FF gives dodge boost of 48, and Accu boost of 48. While fitness gives half of that, and a small stamina boost. All in all, Fortune's is better for both defense and offense. Whether you feel like your going faster or not, You DPS is better with Fortune's Favor, and for a Heal Tank who doesn't need the Willpower to prevent sleeping, it's a better defense boost then fitness.

Neophyte Sex Symbol

10,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Poyudi Hytori

Actually with Abe having Solar, if Grue was to hit (which he does hit more often now) the kiter was alive and able to keep kiting while the rest of us (except Leas cause she had solar too) could recover.
Personally as an attacker, i;m thinking of readding Solar because Grue now has a time frame of hitting and it seems i am in DMS around the GST time. (look at your PDA for GST while in zomg)

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
I know tanks who prefer wish over diag but carrying solar is a new one for me. xd

Friendly Shapeshifter

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
I've seen it be done before.

I believe ccatman has tanked/kited greens w/o wish and diagnose.

Doesn't surprise me, but it's nice to see more people go without diagnose. Takes skills and a good crew to accomplish that.

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
XxXReaverWolfXxX
Actually with Abe having Solar, if Grue was to hit (which he does hit more often now) the kiter was alive and able to keep kiting while the rest of us (except Leas cause she had solar too) could recover.
Personally as an attacker, i;m thinking of readding Solar because Grue now has a time frame of hitting and it seems i am in DMS around the GST time. (look at your PDA for GST while in zomg)

Reaver, The in game time cycles through 24 hours in one hour of real time. The Grue actually has (And has had since DMS started) A change of happening once an hour. I have been in 36 hour long runs with no sign of the grue. I was even in a 12 hour long run this past Saturday with no sign of the grue, and had people brought solar rays, It would of cost us a lot of time, and a lot of DPS. 12 hours is ridiculous these days. (But we were helping some random get tuna that was an 11.2.) If people bought solar rays, it would of added at least 3 hours to the run, and If I didn't have turtle, the crew would of wiped at least 6 times. (Probably more, That back up healer was bad.) When I didn't die once. (Until a lag death in HPR when lureing.)

I honestly can't take a DPSer seriously when they believe Solar Rays is a good idea.... Seriously, even Defib would be more useful.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces