Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Friend

9,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Just wanted to clarify their differences. I'm really confused at the moment lol.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
There's no noticeable difference...?

Kiting is the act of making the mobs follow you in a circle to reduce damage received. Used in GM, mainly.

Tanking is taking the damage and healing to hold aggro.

EDIT: In GM, you're Tanking, but you kite the mobs.

I still don't see how people mix the two up.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
kiting/kiter, like aggro/aggroer, is an incorrect term people use to describe a tank.

Anxious Friend

9,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Mage The Red
There's no noticeable difference...?

Kiting is the act of making the mobs follow you in a circle to reduce damage received. Used in GM, mainly.

Tanking is taking the damage and healing to hold aggro.

EDIT: In GM, you're Tanking, but you kite the mobs.

I still don't see how people mix the two up.

Oh i see

I just came across a couple of guides and read both terms, so yeah. Thanks for the reply! I tipped your post smile

Anxious Friend

9,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry
kiting/kiter, like aggro/aggroer, is an incorrect term people use to describe a tank.

I know aggro is one improper word referring to a tank, but I didnt know kiter was also one

So basically in Greens the TANK does KITE monsters to reduce damage right? Well, i don't think Kite is improper though, it basically means the same I think

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Ace Syndrome

I know aggro is one improper word referring to a tank, but I didnt know kiter was also one

So basically in Greens the TANK does KITE monsters to reduce damage right? Well, i don't think Kite is improper though, it basically means the same I think

anything other than tank is wrong.

emotion_donotwant
Ace Syndrome

Kiting is more like a role that a tank performs.

Anxious Friend

9,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Kaniskion
Ace Syndrome

Kiting is more like a role that a tank performs.

Oh okay...

Anxious Friend

9,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Ace Syndrome

emotion_donotwant

To kite and to aggro are basically le terms that refer to the Tank, but theres no use arguing wink

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Ace Syndrome
Ace Syndrome

emotion_donotwant

To kite and to aggro are basically le terms that refer to the Tank, but theres no use arguing wink

They're still incorrect terms used by the ignorant, or the ones that refuse to learn the terminology. Aggro is what you receive from dealing damage or healing crewmates. Kiting is running the mobs around to reduce damage.

To even refer to the Tank as anything else shows one's lack of willingness to be correct, or seem less ignorant.

inb4 people b***h, whine and moan and try to say they're not ignorant
Mage The Red
Ace Syndrome
Ace Syndrome

emotion_donotwant

They're still incorrect terms used by the ignorant, or the ones that refuse to learn the terminology. Aggro is what you receive from dealing damage or healing crewmates. Kiting is running the mobs around to reduce damage.

To even refer to the Tank as anything else shows one's lack of willingness to be correct, or seem less ignorant.

inb4 people b***h, whine and moan and try to say they're not ignorant

The person with the aggro, the animated will follow them like a kite on string, one would do this to avoid damage. Hence the name kite. Not everyone knows what the terms means or where they come from, I agree with mage people are ignorant.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff