Welcome to Gaia! ::

Item Recolors?

Heck yes. 0.95804195804196 95.8% [ 137 ]
No, that's just silly. 0.041958041958042 4.2% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 143 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Wheezing Warlord

The Idea
        This idea was originally posted as a kind of tangent I got on, a side note of this thread.
        The idea is simple enough; allow players to create different colored versions of their item by adding Ink, or special Cash Shop Dye Packs, to the recipe upon crafting. This would allow greater customization, and lend value back to recipes and loot, since only the original items will be part of the Daily Chance. It also means that, instead of having, say, 15 Tropical Sarongs on the MP, you'll have three. Then two orange ones, four black ones, three pink ones, two yellow ones, and one red one. This, too, will drive up the prices of items.

Implementation
        'Cause everyone likes pictures.
        So, let's go through a magical journey of making a Tropical Sarong change colors.
        User Image
        From here, ofcourse, you would click "Exchange".
        Which would bring you to this page, a familiar sight that's usually the end of your recipe making experience. But not anymore.
        Once you click yes, you wish to continue, you would be able to choose which ink you wish to apply.
        You'll notice that Blue Ink isn't there. That's because the Tropical Sarong is already blue, and dying it blue would just be silly. Only colors that you can dye the item, have enough inks for, have enough gold for, and in some cases, have enough extra loot for, will show up there.
        So, let's say we choose... Pink.
        You will then be asked to confirm your selection.

*Special Thanks to Exiled Poet for helping me with the Page Edits <3
        Then, ta-da! You've got differently colored Tropical Sarongs.
        User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Now, ofcourse, certain items would not be dye-able;
          • Limited/Holiday Event items, such as Sundae Sweets, for obvious reasons.
          • Figures, Plushies, and Dolls of Animated. As awesome as a purple Lawn Gnome would be.
          • Possibly Sinister Scarf, and other future "End Boss Recipes". Personally, I'd love a Pink Sinister Scarf, but I could understand if they kept it undyable.
          • Possibly future "Epic" items, to keep them special. Though, really, I think having them come in different colors would only make them more epic.

Certain items, in certain colors, could also require additional Loot to create.
        My Example is the Kokeshi Kimono. A typical, red Kokeshi Kimono requires 5 Silk, 3 Thread, 1 Lace, 3 Pink Fluff, 2 Mystic Weave, and 1633 Gaia Gold
        If you were to color it, say, Blue, it would cost you 5 Silk, 3 Thread, 1 Lace, 3 Pink Fluff, 2 Mystic Weave, 12 Blue Inks, and 4633 Gaia Gold.
        However, if you were to color it Black, the color of Katsumi's Kokeshi Doll, It'd end up costing you something like 6 Silk, 4 Thread, 2 Lace, 5 Pink Fluff, 8 Mystic Weave, 10 NIght Fire, 12 Black Inks, 20 Charge Orbs, and 5633 Gaia Gold.
        It would also be called "Katsumi's Kokeshi Kimono".
        User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Including Gaia Cash
        Lastly, Gaia likes to make a bit of profit, right?
        And with the ability to color craftables, Inks are likely to raise dramatically in price, as people scramble to get the first of certain colors on the MP.
        So, in addition, Nicolae could introduce "Dye Packs" to his shop for, say, 99GC.
        These Dye Packs would act as one-time-use Ink replacements, for however much ink is required. They would appear as separate options from Ink, on this page, as "Red Dye Pack", etc.
        They would be a totally separate option, and replace ink entirely, if used. So, if a recipe calls for 4 Blue Inks, a Blue Ink Pack will cover it. If a recipe calls for 40 Blue Inks, the Dye Pack will still cover it. Making Dye Packs an actual, viable alternative to Ink.

Edit: zOMG! Inks
        There was some discussion of how using Inks might drive needed zOMG! players into towns to collect bugs. Ink likely couldn't be a drop, as it is from another feature on Gaia, and would ruin the Ink market even more. So, after some discussion, the most favorable idea was using zOMG! Loot to make special zOMG! Ink. This ink could be combined with normal ink, or used on it's own, to dye an item. This would function similar to Durem Depot's Bug Exchange. Once selecting a color you would like to dye the item, you are presented a page with both your normal, and zOMG! Ink amounts. You're allowed to put in any value of both inks, as long as they add up to the required total. So, if you need 12 blue inks, you can use 9 zOMG! Blue Inks, and 3 regular Blue Inks.
        • These zOMG! Inks would not work for Tattoos, and other normal-ink purposes.
        • A zOMG! Ink Exchange System would need to be introduced, that accepts loot, similar to the Bug Exchange in Durem Depot.
        • Not all Loot would be used in Ink production.

Wheezing Warlord

Chokin
        SykoCaster
        Chokin

Do want! pirate

What if they sold recipes for recolored items in the Cash Shop?
        The actual ingredients could be the same or different.

Eh.
                    I prefer using the already existing recipes, and just recoloring those.
                    That way they'll get a nice price boost, too.

Edit; I do like the idea of CS-Exclusive Recipes being sold, though.
                    Someone posted that the other day.

Exclusive recipes could include some recolors, ya know. ;3

Chokin

I would completely support adding ink as a (very rare?) drop in zOMG.
        Then you could draw some of the people trying to get tattoos and skin dyes to zOMG.

HotRed_Streak

2. If they did make super-awesome craftable new items... people would want inks. Why the hell would you want to send more people to Towns instead of zOMG!? Recolors should require special dyes or inks found in zOMG!.

On a random side tangent... if white ink was a rare drop from certain animated-- idk, Robofish?-- that would be kinda cool.

Ungoliath
        I love this idea, and the cash option too! Although...Make two or three packs. Big, Medium and Little Pack. Little pack for 99GC that covers up to 10 Inks. 149GC that covers up to 100 Inks. And 250GC that covers everything.

That way would be more profitable for zOMG!

I'm thinking they work more like power-ups.
                    Say, Dye Pack and Super Dye Pack.
                    Dye Pack is 49GC, and covers one item, no matter the ink cost, and Super Dye Pack is 99GC, and covers 5.

Exiled Poet

And yeah, black ink from the Kraken.
        Pink Ink from Sakura Fluffs~
        The inks that are cheaper should be in the lower CL areas, and the more expensive inks would have to be in the higher CL areas.

Or make it so X amount of certain loot can be used to make ink.
                    Just like bugs.
                    So you take 25 Pink Fluffs, you get a Pink Ink.
                    You take 30 Bonsai Leaves, you get a Green Ink.

Wheezing Warlord

Other Crackpot Ideas:
        zOMG! "Animated" Items - Not the current items that sparkle and animated, but Evolving Items that turn into Animate, with corresponding accessories, as you play zOMG!.

Craftable Power-Ups and Ammo - Using loot to craft special Power-ups, as well as Rings that require crafted ammo to use.

Emyre's Waifu

Monster Hunter

13,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Monster Hunter 100

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Do want! pirate

Wheezing Warlord

Chokin

Do want! pirate

Eh.

Emyre's Waifu

Monster Hunter

13,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
xD I know I'd be hording up on black, white, and purple stuff if I could change colors.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
SykoCaster
Chokin

Do want! pirate

Eh.

But I see your point.

Wheezing Warlord

Chokin
SykoCaster
Chokin

Do want! pirate

Eh.

But I see your point.

True enough.
              Either way, it's worth adding to the Feedback section.
              xd

Emyre's Waifu

Monster Hunter

13,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
One recipe.
Several outcomes.
It would boost the price of that one recipe.
I don't see a need to make separate recipes for the separate colors.

Wheezing Warlord

Exiled Poet
One recipe.
Several outcomes.

Yeah, exactly.
              But whatev.
              I'd settle for separate recipes if the Devs deem that a better idea.

Emyre's Waifu

Monster Hunter

13,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
SykoCaster
Exiled Poet
One recipe.
Several outcomes.

Yeah, exactly.
              But whatev.
              I'd settle for separate recipes if the Devs deem that a better idea.

Bleh. It looses its appeal, then, imo.
Well... part of it. The main appeal is getting what color you want. x3
I definitely hope they do this for epic recipes, though... I would hate to see an item I LOVE, but I don't like the color.
Syko I actually like this idea, but I think it currently fails for two problems:

1. The current recipes are pretty crappy. Why would I want to recolor something I would never use?

2. If they did make super-awesome craftable new items... people would want inks. Why the hell would you want to send more people to Towns instead of zOMG!? Recolors should require special dyes or inks found in zOMG!.

On a random side tangent... if white ink was a rare drop from certain animated-- idk, Robofish?-- that would be kinda cool.

Beloved Perfectionist

I think this is a very good idea.

@hotred: i am pretty sure he was just using those 2 as examples because there easy to change the color... not JUST those lol

but i do agree with the second part

Versatile Citizen

11,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I like this idea, i know I've seen plenty of items that i thought where cool but didn't like the color. And the idea of robofish dropping white inks sounds pretty good too

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces