- Posted: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 18:10:46 +0000
Including Gaia Cash
Edit: zOMG! Inks
- This idea was originally posted as a kind of tangent I got on, a side note of this thread.
The idea is simple enough; allow players to create different colored versions of their item by adding Ink, or special Cash Shop Dye Packs, to the recipe upon crafting. This would allow greater customization, and lend value back to recipes and loot, since only the original items will be part of the Daily Chance. It also means that, instead of having, say, 15 Tropical Sarongs on the MP, you'll have three. Then two orange ones, four black ones, three pink ones, two yellow ones, and one red one. This, too, will drive up the prices of items.
- 'Cause everyone likes pictures.
So, let's go through a magical journey of making a Tropical Sarong change colors.
From here, ofcourse, you would click "Exchange".
Which would bring you to this page, a familiar sight that's usually the end of your recipe making experience. But not anymore.
Once you click yes, you wish to continue, you would be able to choose which ink you wish to apply.
You'll notice that Blue Ink isn't there. That's because the Tropical Sarong is already blue, and dying it blue would just be silly. Only colors that you can dye the item, have enough inks for, have enough gold for, and in some cases, have enough extra loot for, will show up there.
So, let's say we choose... Pink.
You will then be asked to confirm your selection.
- *Special Thanks to Exiled Poet for helping me with the Page Edits <3
Then, ta-da! You've got differently colored Tropical Sarongs.
Now, ofcourse, certain items would not be dye-able;
- Limited/Holiday Event items, such as Sundae Sweets, for obvious reasons.
Figures, Plushies, and Dolls of Animated. As awesome as a purple Lawn Gnome would be.
Possibly Sinister Scarf, and other future "End Boss Recipes". Personally, I'd love a Pink Sinister Scarf, but I could understand if they kept it undyable.
Possibly future "Epic" items, to keep them special. Though, really, I think having them come in different colors would only make them more epic.
Certain items, in certain colors, could also require additional Loot to create.
My Example is the Kokeshi Kimono. A typical, red Kokeshi Kimono requires 5 Silk, 3 Thread, 1 Lace, 3 Pink Fluff, 2 Mystic Weave, and 1633 Gaia Gold
If you were to color it, say, Blue, it would cost you 5 Silk, 3 Thread, 1 Lace, 3 Pink Fluff, 2 Mystic Weave, 12 Blue Inks, and 4633 Gaia Gold.
However, if you were to color it Black, the color of Katsumi's Kokeshi Doll, It'd end up costing you something like 6 Silk, 4 Thread, 2 Lace, 5 Pink Fluff, 8 Mystic Weave, 10 NIght Fire, 12 Black Inks, 20 Charge Orbs, and 5633 Gaia Gold.
It would also be called "Katsumi's Kokeshi Kimono".
Including Gaia Cash
- Lastly, Gaia likes to make a bit of profit, right?
And with the ability to color craftables, Inks are likely to raise dramatically in price, as people scramble to get the first of certain colors on the MP.
So, in addition, Nicolae could introduce "Dye Packs" to his shop for, say, 99GC.
These Dye Packs would act as one-time-use Ink replacements, for however much ink is required. They would appear as separate options from Ink, on this page, as "Red Dye Pack", etc.
They would be a totally separate option, and replace ink entirely, if used. So, if a recipe calls for 4 Blue Inks, a Blue Ink Pack will cover it. If a recipe calls for 40 Blue Inks, the Dye Pack will still cover it. Making Dye Packs an actual, viable alternative to Ink.
Edit: zOMG! Inks
- There was some discussion of how using Inks might drive needed zOMG! players into towns to collect bugs. Ink likely couldn't be a drop, as it is from another feature on Gaia, and would ruin the Ink market even more. So, after some discussion, the most favorable idea was using zOMG! Loot to make special zOMG! Ink. This ink could be combined with normal ink, or used on it's own, to dye an item. This would function similar to Durem Depot's Bug Exchange. Once selecting a color you would like to dye the item, you are presented a page with both your normal, and zOMG! Ink amounts. You're allowed to put in any value of both inks, as long as they add up to the required total. So, if you need 12 blue inks, you can use 9 zOMG! Blue Inks, and 3 regular Blue Inks.
- These zOMG! Inks would not work for Tattoos, and other normal-ink purposes.
A zOMG! Ink Exchange System would need to be introduced, that accepts loot, similar to the Bug Exchange in Durem Depot.
Not all Loot would be used in Ink production.