• Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Vital Killer
I want the Sweetheart Ring so bad XD.

lol who doesnt <3 i had one before but my account got banned so xD

Vicious Prophet

Vital Killer

Quest for it. Lowest buy price is what, 7mil? You can get it in a little over two months if you nerf zomg and hoc every day.

IRL Cat

Pan Twardowski
Vital Killer

Quest for it. Lowest buy price is what, 7mil? You can get it in a little over two months if you nerf zomg and hoc every day.
it's a risk considering how minimal zomg's activity is as of late

Noob

I heard some people talking about this in zOMG, telling me there's a possibility. They're definitely not going to give them out, right? ;o;

Beloved Elder

Nothing is definite. Speculation is that if they ever do re-release SH, it will again be a limited-time cash shop item.

iiNikki's Husband

Pure-hearted Bloodsucker

ITT: people upset that they don't have certain rings

IRL Cat

lnvincibIe
I heard some people talking about this in zOMG, telling me there's a possibility. They're definitely not going to give them out, right? ;o;
not only is there absolutely no focus on zomg (bar bug fixes) from gaia right now (probably ever again), they actually said releasing sh was a one time thing

Benevolent Codger

curtneko
Only Gray

did they promise to never re-release sweetheart?
yes

If by "yes" you mean "no", then you're spot-on. 3nodding
Owlie
A one time only release means a one time only release.

As much as I would like to get my hands on sweetheart for less than the market price, they shouldn't go back on their word.

Sweetheart was never advertised as a "one-time release" because at the time of its release, it was not decided whether that would be the case. It was advertised explicitly as "limited edition", and Gaia has re-released "limited edition" items in the past - the notion that Sweetheart was ever specifically designated not to be released again is fallacious. Many players have obviously assumed that was the case, but assumptions do not a promise make.

Mind you, I think at this point that it would be a bad idea to re-release it - they had their chance, and I tried to convince them to do it at the time to no avail - and that it's best just locking it up in the vault and forgetting about it entirely. I don't like it, but I can at least consider it a 'lesson learned'. sweatdrop
Owlie
They will never put Integ up for sale.

Because you can't buy integrity.

The release of Integrity was - per swarf - 'not a moral judgment'; after all, attempting to apply a moral definition to an in-game effect is completely absurd. Then again, everything about the release of Integrity was absurd, so aiming to apply any sort of rationality to that event might be an exercise in futility. redface

That said, while I wouldn't re-release Sweetheart, I'd re-release Integrity in a heartbeat - while I'd be tempted to offer it for sale (to illustrate the absurdity in attributing 'integrity' to a ring - though I'll admit, there's a tinge of spite in that), I'd honestly much prefer to offer it up freely to everyone, to negate whatever meaning its exclusivity may have implied. It shouldn't have existed in the first place, and the best solution I can see is simply making it so commonplace that it may as well not...
Hanko-Tekina Ai
ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry
ZeroDarkMatter
Binary Mess
No they should give it out for more worth than the previous SweetHeart and the Amulet and the Gem combined.
That way zOMG! will make lots of profit.
How much was the previous SweetHeart ;o? And yes, they should definitley release it this Valentines day again, since the current one is so overpriced and alot of us all want it o3o, even if it means paying hefty GC wink

799 gcash i think.

anyways, the argument you use can go either way. the people who paid 1 mil+ for it (such as myself) will feel like they got screwed over if it is re-released and the mp price drops below half a mil.

749 gcash

I think you're right. It has been several years since I bought one for a friend. I know it was more than 499 gaia cash. And 799 gaia cash just didn't ring a bell. smile
Vital Killer

Why? It is a useless ring. As far as I could tell, it was a gag ring. I admit that on Valentine's Day, I put it on and go around and smack everyone I could. It actually made some players angry that they got smacked. But as far as playing zOMG, sweetheart ring is a waste of a slot. Honest. 3nodding

IRL Cat

Red Kutai
Owlie
A one time only release means a one time only release.

As much as I would like to get my hands on sweetheart for less than the market price, they shouldn't go back on their word.

Sweetheart was never advertised as a "one-time release" because at the time of its release, it was not decided whether that would be the case. It was advertised explicitly as "limited edition", and Gaia has re-released "limited edition" items in the past - the notion that Sweetheart was ever specifically designated not to be released again is fallacious. Many players have obviously assumed that was the case, but assumptions do not a promise make.
were sr, ff, integ, and abuse also advertised as "limited edition", using the exact phrase? gaia seems extremely vague when something isn't for sure, but if sh was the only ring actually referred to as "limited edition"... well, that isn't so vague

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Brinard the younger
Vital Killer

Why? It is a useless ring. As far as I could tell, it was a gag ring. I admit that on Valentine's Day, I put it on and go around and smack everyone I could. It actually made some players angry that they got smacked. But as far as playing zOMG, sweetheart ring is a waste of a slot. Honest. 3nodding
Not quite. Arguably, in most areas, Sweetheart isn't that necessary of a ring, but in DMS, it becomes mighty useful. That extra HP boost means a lot when you have higher level enemies smacking you for hundreds of points of damage at a time.

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
I've always liked the ring's animation effect, and as Mage already said, its a nice little boost in certain areas of dms when you have heavy hiting monsters.

This isn't gonna happen- very unrealistic-just wishful thinking on my part- but I've always thought a re-color of sweet heart would be cute, maybe blue or purple. 4laugh emotion_kirakira dramallama emotion_awesome

Benevolent Codger

curtneko
were sr, ff, integ, and abuse also advertised as "limited edition", using the exact phrase? gaia seems extremely vague when something isn't for sure, but if sh was the only ring actually referred to as "limited edition"... well, that isn't so vague

None of those rings existed when Sweetheart was marketed, so I'm not sure what sort of comparison you're trying to make; what's more, none of those rings were sold in the Cash Shop, and thus weren't advertised at all. The phrasing of "limited edition" was intentionally vague - they wanted to generate the excitement of a seasonal item without having to decide prematurely whether or not to offer it again the following year. While opting not to re-release it at that point established a precedent - the reason why I think it would be unwise to re-release it now - at no point did they actually make a promise that they would not do so, because it wasn't until February of 2011 that they actually made the decision not to.

I'm perfectly fine with the argument that Sweetheart shouldn't be re-released - and as I've mentioned, at this point I agree - but I don't see how basing that argument upon misinformation benefits anyone. There was never intended to be any promise; the advertisements for the ring were worded with the understanding that the ring may (or may not) have been re-released. Anything which may have been implied beyond that - except, arguably, for the precedent established since 2011 - is merely an assumption on the reader's part. Gaia made the decision not to re-release the ring at least in part to avoid upsetting the users who had made that assumption, but that does not actually validate the assumptions made; it simply means that they were more interested in keeping the game's fanbase intact than in whatever value a re-release had to offer...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff