Welcome to Gaia! ::

What part of zOMG! was the first to confuse you? Elaborate in the topic, please! Let's talk! We've all had our "days"... :P

I couldn't find my way out of the null. 0.063291139240506 6.3% [ 10 ]
I didn't know what lag was and had no idea why I couldn't move. 0.056962025316456 5.7% [ 9 ]
I wondered what all that recrewting for smEB, smob, etc was about! 0.18354430379747 18.4% [ 29 ]
Why were there rings in the MP if I couldn't sell mine?!11! 0.075949367088608 7.6% [ 12 ]
The first buff ring I found. Why the heck couldn't I shoot with it? 0.10759493670886 10.8% [ 17 ]
Stuck in the trees and I couldn't move! PANIC!! 0.044303797468354 4.4% [ 7 ]
Why were all these people in GB standing by the null instead of killing Sand Golems like decent players? 0.082278481012658 8.2% [ 13 ]
I never got confused. I'm just THAT bright! 0.18987341772152 19.0% [ 30 ]
I'm an old player and still confused about a lot of things. 0.15189873417722 15.2% [ 24 ]
I'm only just starting out and lots of things confuse me! 0.044303797468354 4.4% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 158 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Rainbow Hunter

Gentle Nova
im new too, how to you solve the problem of running out of ammunition? help.... im such a noob lol

How do /I/, personally, solve it? By bouncing in my chair impatiently, muttering "come on come on come ON!!!!" burning_eyes while clicking the rings over and over again making them go "boink boink boink" until I finally have enough stamina to shoot/hack/heal again. lol

How do people with a tad more common sense solve it? By just leaning back in their chair and waiting a little bit.

Fashionable Nerd

9,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Hygienic 200
Red Kutai

One of the big issues with the versatility of the ring system is that it doesn't easily allow for any singular, decisive iconic symbols. I personally feel that Solar Rays would serve much better in that regard than Guns, Guns, Guns (though that may be sentimental bias), but it'd be nice to have something that's really representative of zOMG!, as a starter attack.

On that note, I'm curious what everyone else feels is iconic for zOMG!. Swords and guns appear in so many games; but what is it that's really unique to zOMG!? What rings - attacks, in particular - do you think really carry the identity of the game?

EDIT: I'd probably give things like Hornet's Nest or Shark Attack my highest votes, personally - and much like the game they represent, they're currently a little too weak to be appealing even within their own niche. Interestingly, the game does much better in terms of iconic enemies. Things like OMG and Landshark are great identifiers for zOMG!, but it'd still be nice if there was something iconic for players to relate with, rather than just to destroy... sweatdrop

Water Balloon. o:

Greedy Lover

Reading threads like this one makes me a little bit sad. Senti mode on. Dx

Anywoot, what happened to the 'notable' people of zOMG?! Why are they inactive? gonk

/rant

Rainbow Hunter

Mystique Raine

Anywoot, what happened to the 'notable' people of zOMG?! Why are they inactive? gonk

/rant

Like who?

Beloved Elder

The first thing that confused me? I think was in the train station and couldn't figure out how to get out of the dialog so I could attack that pelunger. I didn't understand I was supposed to be selecting my response from a list.

Greedy Lover

Memory Haunts You
Mystique Raine

/rant

Like who?

Gothic Rebecca and Lux.

Rainbow Hunter

Mystique Raine
Memory Haunts You
Mystique Raine

/rant

Like who?

Gothic Rebecca and Lux.

Ah.

In the tinychat promoted in this link you might run into Lux, if he's not dazed anymore from being hit over the head with a coffin.

And Rebecca was hunting Diedrichs in the Easter forum a few days ago, on the first day of the Easter event. I think, and I hope I'm not overstepping by sharing this, that Rebecca took a few steps back from the z!F for the sake of her own sanity. There is only so much smashing one's head into a brick wall a person can take and I can't blame her for taking some distance.

Greedy Lover

Memory Haunts You
Mystique Raine
Memory Haunts You
Mystique Raine

/rant

Like who?

Gothic Rebecca and Lux.

Ah.

In the tinychat promoted in this link you might run into Lux, if he's not dazed anymore from being hit over the head with a coffin.

And Rebecca was hunting Diedrichs in the Easter forum a few days ago, on the first day of the Easter event. I think, and I hope I'm not overstepping by sharing this, that Rebecca took a few steps back from the z!F for the sake of her own sanity. There is only so much smashing one's head into a brick wall a person can take and I can't blame her for taking some distance.

I see.

Well, at least they're still here in Gaia. Thanks for sharing the info biggrin

8,200 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
Rawr! 1521/532! Thanks! biggrin

User Image
ill join :O

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Probably the one thing that threw me for a loop the most was the lag. I've played MMOs before, so I wasn't a stranger to the concept of lag. I knew to expect a little lag on principle, but what confused me and often made me think I'd somehow crashed the game was not being able to move or do anything for about two minutes while not even ten seconds ago I was cruising along with no worries.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff