Welcome to Gaia! ::

Favorite Kind of Pet? (Note that I said KIND, not anything in particular)

Cute Kitties (And little critters in general) 0.17283950617284 17.3% [ 42 ]
Weird Psychedelic Crazy Creatures 0.094650205761317 9.5% [ 23 ]
DRAGONS (Every kind of them) 0.29218106995885 29.2% [ 71 ]
Animated (Each one of them) 0.18518518518519 18.5% [ 45 ]
Humanoids Creatures (Imps, Demons, Angels...everything with 2 arms and 2 legs that reminds you human features) 0.082304526748971 8.2% [ 20 ]
Robots (Mechanic Stuff) 0.037037037037037 3.7% [ 9 ]
Regular Animals with slightly modifications (Wings, Horns) 0.098765432098765 9.9% [ 24 ]
Other (Post it) 0.037037037037037 3.7% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 243 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27 28 29 > >>

Distinct Warlord

Now this thread will be dedicated to share the news about the pets. The original idea is on the third posts. Check it out, it's awesome.
Anyway, seems to be that we WILL have Pets and Summons! So, a compilation of quotes that may interest you!
DEV QUOTES

[ JK ]
Excellent topic, Ungoliath. smile

I've personally wanted to have a summon ring in the game for a very long time... since the inception of the 'Battle System' project in fact. However, due to technical issues and lack of interest from other devs on the project, we never moved forward with the idea.

Anyway, I've been talking with flajeu (a super talented zOMG programmer) again in regards to this idea and I think we might have found a solution to pull it off. I won't go into details here, but it would work much like how we've implemented the Sweetheart ring... how there's a looping status effect applied to your avatar once that ring is used.

We have many ideas for various types of Summon rings, but we'll start simple with a 'buff summon' for now. And if this idea really takes off, we may get additional resources to add more summon rings in the game.

I'll keep you guys posted and share some summon ring concepts in the zOMG forum later. smile

[ JK ]
We're currently working on summon rings. We'll be adding couple new features to make this work, but it looks very promising atm. We'll keep you posted and share some info soon.

Kuzuan
Hey everyone,
Please keep in mind that while a Summon Ring system is in the works, there are are zero guarantees that it would or would not follow any of the suggestions or ideas described in this or related threads. Moreover, while the team is very excited about Summon Rings, it is currently impossible for us to give any possible time table for unveiling this system.
That said, I feel the possibilities of this system are really cool and that it will add some new and fun gameplay elements to zOMG!. whee

Redforest
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/zomg-gaia-s-mmo/dev-chat-updated-ge-hatching-info/t.60847337/
[ JK ]: you'll be summoning critters to aid you through fights
Tasn Zheng: like...fluffs?
ll P I X E L Y U E ll: critters?
[ JK ]: those will be pet that we introduce later
[ JK ]: so you can have fluffs and omg following you

Redforest
[ JK ]: the summon rings will be very important as far as the story is concerned too
[ JK ]: it'll tie everything together.. plotwise
[ JK ]: and it'll reveal secrets

POLLS

User Image

OTHER STUFF

And some Plot Suggestion to make this work!
Rodom
I love the idea of having a Summoning Ring.
I came up with this scenario a few second ago so it hasn't really been thought all
the way through, but still; In order to be granted the Summoning Ring, you need to go through a ridiculously long Quest. (The Quest itself shouldn't be as long as the Epic Craft-able Items that were mention a while back though).
After the user has completed the Quest, they are told to go to a "cave" in the OA. The cave could be near the Zurg True Followers. (That is a cave in the back, right?)
There they find some old lady/hag who gives the user the Summoning Ring!

However, an untold force soon comes and "drains" the Ring of it's power. (Not sure how that could happen though...Maybe an explosion goes off? And the old hag would also disappear. Ohh, creepy!)
Anyways, the only way for the Ring to be powered back up is if the user finds one of the summonings and then fights it.
If the user wins, the Ring gains the ability to summon the "creature" that the user just killed.
The user can then change which "creature" the Ring summons in the Null Chamber.
I say "creature" because I'm not sure if users would want to summon companions from already made Items or if there should be new, never before seen summonings.

Distinct Warlord

IDEA SUGGESTED

READ THE WHOLE DAMN POST, I SWEAR IT IS NOT THAT LONG

I don't know how many of you remember z!ST, a thread of suggestions that was here long time ago. As the owner, I had the duty of read all the suggestions. The ones mention the most was the idea of having critters following you around. Some of them also suggested that it would be better if it could be a ring and even some of them made up wonderful system for it. After some thinking, I decided to summarize all those ideas and I came up with three different systems that cover various needs and are quite different:
(PLEASE NOTICE THAT THREE TERMS REFERS TO THREE DIFFERENT THING AND MOST OF THE ABILITIES ARE JUST TO SAY SOMETHING AND NOT THE POINT OF THIS THREAD)

PETS
Pets are when artist of zOMG! can have fun and create completely new critters. Pets could be a Clan Feature (Or not, but the idea is that you can only pick one of all of them) and you can get them after you finish the game. May be in different sections of the map by talking with different NPC's or any other system you can come up with. Once you get it, you can activate it by talking with the NPC and the Pet will follow you around until you log off. Oh well, work by activating it in the Null. It's just a thought, put here the best way to activate it.

It has HP and can be killed (Although you just need to talk back with the NPC -The one that gave you the Pet- to get it back). It's easier to think them as factions you pick, if you follow me.
Different than summons, Pets allow you to bring one more ring. You cant pick when they will use it, they have AI and only follow a certain sets of commands. These command you must pick it in the Null Chamber only.
These commands would be simple: Attack (Attacks every 1min seconds if possible) Defend (Takes damage for you) Buff (Buff you with the ring ability every 2 min) Debuff (To enemies, self explanatory) Heal (Self explanatory, again) and Cheer (Gives you more stamina during the battles)
In the case bringing one more ring with them seems to much, just following that commands and giving them some status too would work. It would also be awesome for the people who loves permanent stats (Instead of the conventional, the above mention as commands =D) and raising pets.
If not, the idea of Pets having different nature works perfectly when it comes to the "commands" concept mention.
Val
A pet/nature AI system. You could get a Kiki with a Angry nature which attacks more often, and is less likely to flee at low health, or a Kiki with a Mischevious nature who doesn't attack very often, but uses it's CC a lot.
Maybe even implement a pet psychiatrist so people can choose to swap their pets nature (though personally I'd rather see at least one form of zOMG! where not everything is created equal).

How that would work? Well, Val took some time and did this, so READ IT. She likes Coco and Kiki, so She made an example with these. BUT REMEMBER that the point of "Pets" here is to have new critters.
Valheita
Each "round" a pet has an action point. A round is determined based on the pet, and is shown alongside the pets name. Coco/Kiki is every 4 seconds for example. The nature determines which action they're most likely to take in a given action round. For example, a Flamer is 90% likely to attack, but only 10% of the time will pick from another ability.
Some pets cannot have some natures - for example, a Rock Puppy/Healer cannot happen.
Natures
Flamer Nature = Uses Attacks frequently, won't run when HP is low.
Haxor Nature = Uses CC/Debuffs frequently, Attacks Infrequently, flees when HP is low.
Healer Nature = Uses Healing frequently, Attacks Infrequently, doesn't flee when HP is low.
Troll Nature = Taunt's frequently, Attacks/Heals infrequently, runs away from Animated.
Elitist Nature = Acts infrequently, negates a lot of incoming damage, doesn't flee when HP is low.
EXAMPLE

• KiKi Kitty - 600 HP/ 4 Seconds
    Attack: Kitty Claw, (140 Damage)
    Healing: Kitty Luv (110 HP)
    Crowd Control: Cat Nap (Small AoE Sleep Effect)
    Debuff: Cat Fur (Accuracy/Dodge Debuff)
  • Rock Puppy - 1200HP / 8 Seconds
    Attack: Puppy Tackle!, (300 Damage)
    Healing: ---
    Crowd Control: Knockout (Sleep Effect)
    Debuff: Heavy Puppy (Speed Debuff)

Note: These values assume the pet is intended to be a support, rather than a full on almost-player level companion. Obviously they'd be higher if you intended for them to be able to rival having a team-mate.
Note: I suck hard at balancing D: There is a method to my madness though, and in most cases where numbers are provided.. the pet is just under half as effective as a player of equivalent level.

MINIONS
The idea came to me after this suggestion:
Black Witch of Ra
Area: Ring
Summary: Basically scan an Animated, kill it, and summon it as an ally when you use the ring again. You can't use the same ring to scan a different Animated. . . . Unless that Animated got killed by someone or something else.
Explanation:
1 : Find the Animated you want to scan.
2 : Use the ring to scan it. You can only scan it with a full rage bar.
3 : When the scan meter is complete, you may now attack the Animated.
4 : Kill the Animated you have scanned.
5 - 8 : Wait a day in Gaia time to actually use the Animated against other Animated for a limited amount of time.
9 : Beware of other players.
10 : They can target your Animated Ally.
A : They can kill it and you have to find another Animated to load the ring with.
B : Time runs out, your ally is called back to the spirit world and you have to wait to summon your Animated again.
These rings should be a rare drop or a quest given ring to prevent floods of OMG Rings or Coatl Rings. Also, as CL increases, so does the amount of time your buddy gets to wander around Gaia with you. As a special, certain Animated can "evolve" as CL increases. For example: You get an OMG at CL 1, at CL 5 you find yourself with an OMFG and at CL 10 you've got a OMGWTF tailing you like a personal bodyguard.
Pictures and ExamplesUser Image

Easy, huh? Name it Minion and everything will have sense.

SUMMONS (OR GASHAMONS)
In order to avoid confusions with the other two (Remember, they different ideas for different needs) I will use the word Gashamon already mention in some items. Why? Because it's base more and less of them: You always thought some items would be a wonderful pet addition. Because some users may complain (That items was suppose to be limited! Why now everyone shows it on zOMG!) I thought it was a better idea putting them purely as summons. How it would work? Easy: There is a summon ring for each summon. You have a Summon Ring Tab in order to make your organization easier. So you just have to drag the ring to your hand and the magic happens.
To balance this super cool rings, they will consume a lot of stamina and have a long recharge duration and you can only use one summon ring. You may have tons of them, but you can only have one of these ring in your hands. It's too much awesomeness.
Sykocaster
Finish a quest chain, get one, finish a different one much later, unlock a second? Possibly make them Thumb rings.

PAST IDEA: This ring has the option to "store" different summons. You pick in the null chamber which summon you will use. This also means you can't change it outside. You'll win summons according you progress in the story or as rare loot.

This will include all the companions and pets we saw on EI's, MC's and RIG items in the past. Examples:
Anurla and Alruna
User ImageUser ImageWhen summon, sucks HP from your enemy and give it to you

Hermes Moon
User ImageWhen summon, boost luck of every user in the area of effect

The time between each use would be logical according to their effect, don't expect everything THAT easy.
...So, you got this part? Fausto, Gimpi, Biancamella (Cast Auto-Defib for one time :3) Coocoon Moths, Tengu and every one you can remember would be here. If you like, we could make a list. See second post.

Lot of work for devs, lots of fun for users xd
So, What you think? Add and discuss

Distinct Warlord

LIST OF SUMMONS

Will be added as they are mention, being the fact that there are lot of items that are plausible to be summons. Try to think in the effects and don't worry if it's repeated.

Fallen Wish Saiph
User ImageWhen summoned, Stamina Regen works faster.

Bad Moon Wolf
User Image When summon, makes your vision blurry and you lose accuracy but you deal double damage.

Diapered Egg Cupid
User Image When summon, all the animated will attack you alone for a certain period of time

Fallen Wish Dragon
User Image When summon, all the animated will be scared for a certain period of time

Inari Beads Foxs
User Image When summon, inflicts high damage over time to one enemy.

Anurla and Alruna
User ImageUser ImageWhen summon, sucks HP from your enemy and give it to you

Anima Adamantea
User ImageUser ImageWhen summon, inflicts to the enemy the 10% of damage you've received

Hermes Moon
User ImageWhen summon, boost luck of every user in the area of effect

Captain's Nestegg
User ImageUser ImageFollows you around doing weak, rapid attacks.
Also repeats the last few words of anything you say in Talk for the duration of the summon

Gimpi
User ImageWhen summoned, doubles amount of Rage gained from enemy attacks/buffs/inflicting damage.

Kitten Star
User ImageWhen summoned, 1/2s the cost of Stamina on rings on self & allies.

4,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
Love it Ung!

RR4 BUMP!!

Wheezing Warlord

I'll assume it's safe to post?
              Yeah.

So.
              Summons idea first.
              I like it. Kinda.
              But at the same time I don't.
              Setting different summons to the same ring seems kinda outta place and bulky.
              I'd rather see individual rings, but something like... a Right-Hand-only thumb ring, or a necklace, or something.
              But that could just be me.

Pets.
              I've always loved the idea of pets.
              It's my opinion that pets should have default attacks, as well as be equipped with a single ring.
              One attack, which does basic damage. It can be ranged or melee, depending on the pet you have.
              Then a second, status-inflicting attack, again, dependent on the pet.
              They could also have a minor minor self-heal, or defense ability. ...Dependant on the pet.
              Lastly a single ring can be equipped to it.

For the AI, it should have several "Default" settings, but people who want to write their own AI should be able to do so with a fairly basic understanding of the language.

Edit; Also, Pets should be defib-able, or be equipped with Revives. Or revived by Trixie, in the Null Chamber, for a small gold fee. Maybe 200g-1000g, depending on how rare the pet is.

Second Edit; For Clans. What about individual pets being chosen by the player, but items "equippable" based on a clan standard. Like a hat, maybe.

Minions!
              Love the idea of taming Animated.
              Always have.
              Plain and simple.

The summons sounds like ring sets. If there's already ring sets, why "bother" with the summons? And I don't really understand... You pick up the summon ring in the Null and you can ONLY use it in the null? There's some attack 'Summons' that you listed...

Pets/Minions sound the same. And they sound like a play off of Cleo's Pet/Mr. Fluff. I think with the addition of pets/minions, it will turn the game around. Currently, zOMG is a player-player interactive game, (yes there are people who solo all the way up to EB, but the second purpose of the game is to make friends and get to know each other also.) but with the addition of pets/minions, it will turn the game mostly into a one person game. They become like a side kick, if you will, that doesn't talk and is disposable.

Edit: We're running out of fingers here.... >__>;;

Distinct Warlord

SykoCaster
              I'll assume it's safe to post?
              Yeah.
              So.
              Summons idea first.
              I like it. Kinda.
              But at the same time I don't. Setting different summons to the same ring seems kinda outta place and bulky. I'd rather see individual rings, but something like... a Right-Hand-only thumb ring, or a necklace, or something. But that could just be me.

Pets.
              I've always loved the idea of pets. It's my opinion that pets should have default attacks, as well as be equipped with a single ring. One attack, which does basic damage. It can be ranged or melee, depending on the pet you have. Then a second, status-inflicting attack, again, dependent on the pet. They could also have a minor minor self-heal, or defense ability. ...Dependant on the pet. Lastly a single ring can be equipped to it.
              For the AI, it should have several "Default" settings, but people who want to write their own AI should be able to do so with a fairly basic understanding of the language.
              Edit; Also, Pets should be defib-able, or be equipped with Revives. Or revived by Trixie, in the Null Chamber, for a small gold fee. Maybe 200g-1000g, depending on how rare the pet is.
              Second Edit; For Clans. What about individual pets being chosen by the player, but items "equippable" based on a clan standard. Like a hat, maybe.
              Minions!
              Love the idea of taming Animated.
              Always have.
              Plain and simple.

I think is bulky having lot of rings for each summon. Maybe one ring to summon a category of summons? Like Healers, Buffers and like that?

So for pets you think it will be needed 3 skills per pet? And I like the idea of the fee. Would be a good goldsink.

Distinct Warlord

Mickey2146
The summons sounds like ring sets. If there's already ring sets, why "bother" with the summons? And I don't really understand... You pick up the summon ring in the Null and you can ONLY use it in the null? There's some attack 'Summons' that you listed...

Pets/Minions sound the same. And they sound like a play off of Cleo's Pet/Mr. Fluff. I think with the addition of pets/minions, it will turn the game around. Currently, zOMG is a player-player interactive game, (yes there are people who solo all the way up to EB, but the second purpose of the game is to make friends and get to know each other also.) but with the addition of pets/minions, it will turn the game mostly into a one person game. They become like a side kick, if you will, that doesn't talk and is disposable.

Edit: We're running out of fingers here.... >__>;;

You can't change the summons outside the null, but you can use it as much as you want outside. It's different from set because they have a time duration and different effects. Doesn't always affect your stats if you read carefully.

And not quite. Minions and Pets are something that can be fun for the whole crew and not only for one person. I mean, one thing doesn't put the other away. They actually don't relate at all, I fail to see your point sweatdrop
About the play off..Not at all. Not pets, at least. Minions is an idea that was WAY BEFORE Cleo got his Fluff for her birthday.

Wheezing Warlord

Ungoliath

I think is bulky having lot of rings for each summon. Maybe one ring to summon a category of summons? Like Healers, Buffers and like that?

So for pets you think it will be needed 3 skills per pet? And I like the idea of the fee. Would be a good goldsink.

I'm saying a system for adding the rings would be bulky.
              You click on the ring, and you're adding a summon to it.
              Right there, you've got the Ring window open, the Summon Ring window open, and a Summons window open.
              If they can do it, sure, though they really seem to different than regular rings/ring attacks, aside from the Cameos.
              Plus, if you're already the I Am form of whatever, summoning yourself...
              I dunno. Not my favorite idea.

And for pets, I'm not exactly specific to that idea, but something along those lines.
              Without their own attacks, and attacking more than once a minute, why not just add a ninth ring slot?
              Attacks, HP, and status effects add personality to the pet.
              I'm also thinking a timer, meaning you have to pay for it with gold every half hour, or whatever.
              Making it a bit less expendable.

Wheezing Warlord

Also, Parrots from Captain's Nestegg for the summons.
              Follows you around doing weak, rapid attacks.
              Also repeats the last few words of anything you say in Talk for the duration of the summon.
              Just 'cause it's a parrot.

Distinct Warlord

SykoCaster
              I'm saying a system for adding the rings would be bulky. You click on the ring, and you're adding a summon to it. Right there, you've got the Ring window open, the Summon Ring window open, and a Summons window open.
              If they can do it, sure, though they really seem to different than regular rings/ring attacks, aside from the Cameos. Plus, if you're already the I Am form of whatever, summoning yourself...
              I dunno. Not my favorite idea.
              And for pets, I'm not exactly specific to that idea, but something along those lines.
              Without their own attacks, and attacking more than once a minute, why not just add a ninth ring slot?
              Attacks, HP, and status effects add personality to the pet.
              I'm also thinking a timer, meaning you have to pay for it with gold every half hour, or whatever.
              Making it a bit less expendable.

But it would be only in the Null and considering that you can arrange those as you arrange your rings even if it's bulky it's not quite the big deal. You pick the ring, you equip the summon and you drag the summon to the ring. Easy as that. At least in my mind xd And the summon yourself would be for the lulz, just picture it. razz

And yes, I would love something in those lines. If devs can pull it out, would be awesome. And the time fee doesn't sound that good, hey! I'm poooooooor! gonk
I suppose that you understand it better since you have been working on this for a while.
So summons are like buffs, with the durations and effects, not just with altering of stats, just overall.

I think I just like the fact that zOMG, even though it is changing, is simple enough to understand. Many people now are playing without exactly knowing the plot of the story. Didn't [JK] even ask if we wanted one at all?

And I don't think Cleo will be happy about being a male...

Wheezing Warlord

Ungoliath

But it would be only in the Null and considering that you can arrange those as you arrange your rings even if it's bulky it's not quite the big deal. You pick the ring, you equip the summon and you drag the summon to the ring. Easy as that. At least in my mind xd And the summon yourself would be for the lulz, just picture it. razz

And yes, I would love something in those lines. If devs can pull it out, would be awesome. And the time fee doesn't sound that good, hey! I'm poooooooor! gonk

Just seems like unnecessary bulk.
              If each is it's own ring, you can just have a "Summon Rings" tab next to the regular "Rings" tab.
              I dunno. Just seems like a lot of work for a less-than-rewarding idea.

And you'd still make more money off zOMG than you're spending on a pet.
              Plus, you don't have to use the pets if you don't want to.
              U n00b.
              talk2hand

Distinct Warlord

Mickey2146
I suppose that you understand it better since you have been working on this for a while. So summons are like buffs, with the durations and effects, not just with altering of stats, just overall.
I think I just like the fact that zOMG, even though it is changing, is simple enough to understand. Many people now are playing without exactly knowing the plot of the story. Didn't [JK] even ask if we wanted one at all?
And I don't think Cleo will be happy about being a male...

z!ST was my love, I tried to read every post and rephrase all the time the upcoming ideas. And yes, it would be like that in some way. Don't forget that some of them also does damage to the your target. They're more like another ring, but with the cool effect of being a summon xd

And yup, I think that too. There is too many people that plays without knowing. But if things are like I imagine, it's easier when you see it and practice. It's quite simple for the user, not so much (I guess) for the devs to make a system like it.

And lol. I'm sure that Cleo wont mind considering it's me. cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces