Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
ninja ninja ninja
guys what do u think of rings that summons a monster that can help us in battle speacially in boss battles and the monster we will be summoning will depend on what element we start with...
I think it's a lame idea because a Ring like that would be broken and easily abuseable. Also, we aren't going to have "elements".

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
well i think ur right about that...
just because you can just have the summon on, it will just like having another player helping you. it wil be overuse by all player. even the summons aren't really strong, it still works better than poison. so we will end up having summon everywhere. one more norm ring for your set.
in 8, one summon, one heal. you have actually only 6 rings that you can be diffrent from the others.
KrazyJoe
just because you can just have the summon on, it will just like having another player helping you. it wil be overuse by all player. even the summons aren't really strong, it still works better than poison. so we will end up having summon everywhere. one more norm ring for your set.
in 8, one summon, one heal. you have actually only 6 rings that you can be diffrent from the others.

Apart the fact that summon can be thought as FF's summons ( and that would avoid all this problem ), if you want stay on topic, I think we can agree that a time limited summon can contribute to reduce its overpower. Exactly as a not-so-strong summon. And a good AI.
Let's say, on many games that use this kind of ability (-cough-nwn-cough-), after a while summoned creatures are just used to distract the enemy ( or for other strategic uses ), cause of after two hits against a decent enemy they say goodbye and die. Not many players, as far as I've seen, have enough patience to use this way of fighting. So I don't think we will have a massive invasion of summoned creatures.
Anyway, even if you're right, if we're in the situation that summoning is limited enough ( and a good use of those three ways should guarantee this ), so that you're not forced to use this kind of rings, I don't see which is the problem in having many familiars on the map while you're battling. Customization is safe, fair levels of power are safe and we have more life on the screen 3nodding .
shoukonjo22
ninja ninja ninja
guys what do u think of rings that summons a monster that can help us in battle speacially in boss battles and the monster we will be summoning will depend on what element we start with...[/quo

HI
I dont know, the game hasn't start yet
Summoning doesn't mean Ifrit, Shivah, and Ramuh. Summoning means you call something to your side to aide you.That means it could be a Kaya the Cat or spider. A mouse, or a parrot. Simple things, you know?

Distinct Warlord

Archibald Afro
Summoning doesn't mean Ifrit, Shivah, and Ramuh. Summoning means you call something to your side to aide you.That means it could be a Kaya the Cat or spider. A mouse, or a parrot. Simple things, you know?

But I WANT something like Bahamut. domokun
Archibald Afro

Obviously, but any time you have AI doing automatic damage for you the chance for abuse is too high unless, like Radagast said, the summons are totally nerfed and only good for a few hits.
What if the ring just summoned a monster to attack once and vanish, and the higher you charged it the stronger the attack would be? As the ring got stronger the monster would evolve or something. That's the only way I'd see these being implemented.

Wheezing Warlord

The Right Honorable MG
Archibald Afro

Obviously, but any time you have AI doing automatic damage for you the chance for abuse is too high unless, like Radagast said, the summons are totally nerfed and only good for a few hits.
Or you could need to anally control your pet.
Like it'll attack one enemy, but once that enemy is defeated, it just returns to your side again unless you direct it out again.
SykoCaster
The Right Honorable MG
Archibald Afro

Like it'll attack one enemy, but once that enemy is defeated, it just returns to your side again unless you direct it out again.

Ok for a moltitude of weak enemies, but for a strong boss the problem is still existing.

Wheezing Warlord

Radagast9
SykoCaster
The Right Honorable MG
Archibald Afro

Ok for a moltitude of weak enemies, but for a strong boss the problem is still existing.

But if it has an absurdly long recharge time, it'll just get killed and no longer be an issue.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff