Welcome to Gaia! ::

hey, first of all id like to say good idea with the ring system. I like the show MAR and its really nice that u made a game that uses there battling concept. A few suggestions i have to make would be...

1. Special unique classes. Like you could specialize in certain rings and you get bonus's and abilities of your own as you level up those rings sorta like a ultimate attack for being really good.

2. Ring combinations. For instance, mantis ring and the fire ball ring = a fiery sword. Like...you get mantis ring and fire ball to lvl 4, you combine them and you have a brand new, even better skill to use and level up in. Obviously these "unique" combinations would take alot more to level up in. And if you want to go even more crazy you could make 2 unique items combining into 1 super godlike item.

3. ingame guilds. Like all good mmo's you need to have a clan or guild system, i know you already have one sooo hows this. In the game, you can go around and have an invite button where you can invite people into your guild, and they will have a tag on there name the initials of that clan or maybe the entire name if you hover your mouse over them.

4. clan/guild maps. A map specially made for guild-leaders who have gotten far in the game. Like, a special rare item you can find that allows you to select/make a special guild/clan map for you and your guildies. This map could include special monsters which can be selected to inhabit the area for training purposes to level up those noobies in your guild, or just to dust off your rings and see what you can do. Guild shops to buy items only found in guild maps, like maybe a special custom ring for that guild that the guild-master can select while creating/selecting his guild map. The ring would include the name of his guild or maybe just a special ring that you guys made for guild maps. And a special ring which can be used to teleport to your guild map. or maybe make a portal to where every1 near you can enter to join your guild map. And guild maps could have a variety of backgrounds, like maybe snowy hills/mountains lava filled volcanoes, or a island! All of this would take some hard work, so if you do put this in, the item required to select a guild map would have to be very very rare. Maybe a drop from a special hard boss which can only be defeated in a large group, and it has a chance to drop the item to make a guild map, which only a guild leader can use, and this boss is the only one that can drop this item, or maybe u can make harder ones that have a chance to drop it more often then that boss, the choice is yours.

5. a level for your character. What i mean by this is, the more levels your character has, you can pick to upgrade a certain skill your character has, and not the rings. for instance, you can increase hp by a small amount, or maybe your overall damage using rings, you can increase your exhaustiion meter so you can use rings more then usual, things like that. And with a level for your character, that should help adjust what rings you can use and of what power magnitude. This way, a friend cannot just give another friend a super powerful ring that could dominate everyone in the game.

6. SECRET RARE MONSTER, or SRM. This is a special monster which will rarely appear in certain maps, or each maps. Its not a boss monster, its just a rare monster which has a chance to drop a special item which only it has. The items could vary from special rings with unusal powers, or cool items for your avatar. Or maybe it could drop a special item you can collect from all the SRMs in the game, to gain access to a secret map with very powerful hard monsters and a boss that can drop something extremely rare! Or maybe the items could be combined to form a super item which could be a ring, or something for avi. Or maybe a special power for your character (not a ring)

7. Secret npcs. Some npcs in the game can reward you with prizes like rings or an ability for your character, these npcs will pop up randomly at random locations, or maybe they will appear after you defeat a monster or boss. They will give you the item, or for better things they may ask you to go on a quest for them. The quest could vary from killing a number of monsters, or hunting down a special monster in a secret area the npc sends you and/or your party to, in order to do the quest. After you defeat the monster, the item would drop from that monster or the npc would appear from that monster and hand you the item or character skill.

8. tameing. The ability to tame monsters and animals has been a treasured skill on many games. This skill is used on many games in different ways, and has been treasured by millions of players for a long time. In this game, you could have a very special taming ring, or if they input special character classes, you can pick to become a tamer. To increase taming abilities you could upgrade the monster you have tamed with special "monster collar" your pet can only have on one collar, and this collar could give it a very nice and new attack to use. You can also buy special pet foods to give your monster a kick for a certain number of minutes. Like someone that increases its attack speed, or health. You can also upgrade the collars into better collars just like my super ring combos i mentioned, only for the collars you would go to a npc to forge them together, depending on what your trying to make there will be a %chance that the items will break and you will lose them when trying to combine them. But if you can make them, you can make your monster more powerful!

9. Monster combination. This process will help give you monsters you cannot tame, or maybe make one which doesent exist! You could very well own the first ever born monster of its type! The process would go something like this. Depending on if gaia likes this or not, and if they feel like doing this there could be two ways of doing a monster combination. 1 way is that if you are allowed to carry two pet monsters you can send them to a npc who will then put them in a chamber and start to combine them together, there is a %chance that this will be successful. If you fail, there is a %chance that you will have to battle the horrible defigured monster which failed to combine properly, but most the time that wont happen, you would just fail and lose the monster. If you do fight the defigured monster, you have a chance to earn a cool item, like a defigured monster hat, or cloths or something like that. the 2end way to do this is, if you can only use 1 monster as a pet then you can send it to a storage place that holds a certain number of monsters you catch. You can then go catch another monster, bring it back to the storage place, and put that one in there. You can then ask the npc there if you can combine those two monsters, if you can it will allow you to, after that process, you will follow the %chances i listed up there. You also may be able to make a special species by adding a special item to the mixture like, maybe a collar, a monster egg, a DNA item, or something else. For doing things like this, it may cost you gaian gold to do so, or a special currency or item which can be found in game on monster or bosses. Or SRM's.

10. Vampires and humans. We all know that there was an event where you can change into a vampire or human, well how about they each have different abilities. For instance, vampires could have the power to turn other players into vampires(in a battle against each other, and the vampire wins, the vampire gets to choose whether to turn the person or not, or a %chance is, if the vampire wins theres a %chance that the player will turn into a vampire the next time he becomes alive). And humans can turn vampires into humans by using a special item, maybe a stake in the heart, or holy water, or a cross (vampire hunter items may work too, depending on if gaia allows this). Also they could have different attributes like, vampires get bonus's during the night time, or they have an ability to suck blood from the enemy using there own character skill or a skill ring which only they can use. This ability would transfer life over to the vampire from the enemy, or you can have a special vampire passive ring which returns a number of life from the enemy to you for each attack, by a small number depending on the level of the ring or character skill. If its a ring, it could be obtained through special monsters, like bosses, or maybe guild maps where the leader has chosen that as the special guild ring.

this is all i can think of right now, im sure i,ll have 10 more in a hour or so, hey reply and tell me what you think and gaia admins, send me a msg if you want to use an idea i posted, i would really love to know if you are gonna add one of my idea or atleast something that evolved from one of my ideas.
1) The Devs did not get the idea for Rings from MAR.

2) Why the ******** is everyone so adamant about classes? All it will do is limit the skills you can use. Gaia is about originality, not conforming to overdone jobs like warrior, healer, etc.

3) Letting people design their own areas and choosing what monsters to put there would be seriously broken. People would just farm for Rings and item drops constantly.

4) The vampire thing was a Halloween Event. They're not going to bring it back and I'm glad. I don't want to be a vampire, or have to worry about getting turned into one, EVER. Also, giving vampires a shitload of bonuses like you're suggesting would only force people to become vampires, which a lot of us don't want to do.

5) Character levels would be redundant when there's already Rings to boost your stats and a system to prevent new players from using high-end Rings.

The rest of your ideas seem all right to me.
All of these sound like something from runescape... and one from a few other games....

I don't really like them...
The Right Honorable MG

2) Why the ******** is everyone so adamant about classes? All it will do is limit the skills you can use. Gaia is about originality, not conforming to overdone jobs like warrior, healer, etc.

3) Letting people design their own areas and choosing what monsters to put there would be seriously broken. People would just farm for Rings and item drops constantly.

4) The vampire thing was a Halloween Event. They're not going to bring it back and I'm glad. I don't want to be a vampire, or have to worry about getting turned into one, EVER.

5) Character levels would be redundant when there's already Rings to boost your stats and a system to prevent new players from using high-end Rings.

I didnt say they got it from MAR I said i like mar, and its cool they are using there form of battle, which is using rings. I didnt say they got it from MAR i just said they are using MARs ring type idea.

It was just a suggestion about the guild maps, they dont have to have monsters in them, but they could choose there own custom area for a guild map if they are a guild leader and they have a rare rare item that allows them to make a guild map.
The Right Honorable MG

Because newbs can't imagine personal levels with out classes.

and admit it, while it comforts you to know not just any idiot can pick up any ring and do what you can do you still wish you had personal levels and stats, if only for the sake of not being a helpless slave to your equipment.
Sefar
The Right Honorable MG

4) The vampire thing was a Halloween Event. They're not going to bring it back and I'm glad. I don't want to be a vampire, or have to worry about getting turned into one, EVER.

I didnt say they got it from MAR I said i like mar, and its cool they are using there form of battle, which is using rings. I didnt say they got it from MAR i just said they are using MARs ring type idea.

It was just a suggestion about the guild maps, they dont have to have monsters in them, but they could choose there own custom area for a guild map if they are a guild leader and they have a rare rare item that allows them to make a guild map.
MAR does not just use rings, kid. MAR uses rings, necklaces, bracelets, daggars, and other types of equipment.
holidaytrasher13
All of these sound like something from runescape... and one from a few other games....

I don't really like them...

lol..i may have added some things from my favorite games, but the reason is most of these are used in quite some games and make the games very very popular. Infact, heres wat games i got the suggestions from.

1. a common aspect from many many many games.
2. combination of items has always been in every good game which has ever involved fighting.
3. like many games, this is always in those online games.
4. i got this idea from guild wars, and from .hack//sign games.
5. your character always levels in basicly every game.
6. i got this idea from final fantasy online, there NM monsters which spawn at different times in certain areas.
7. This i got from redemption and some other games.
8. this ability i got from ultima online, but this ability really kicks butt on every game which has ever used it.
9. i thought up this idea from monster rancher games.
10. this comes from just me thinking, we need atleast 2 races, it adds a certain uniqueness to it.
Redimus Prime 9
The Right Honorable MG

and admit it, while it comforts you to know not just any idiot can pick up any ring and do what you can do you still wish you had personal levels and stats, if only for the sake of not being a helpless slave to your equipment.

with certain classes your abilities can range in different varietys, this makes everyone unique, instead of just being the same thing and having the same character abilities. I know rings are to stop this dullness, but still adding classes would further advance this uniqueness.

Lonely Phantom

Sefar
Redimus Prime 9
The Right Honorable MG

with certain classes your abilities can range in different varietys, this makes everyone unique, instead of just being the same thing and having the same character abilities. I know rings are to stop this dullness, but still adding classes would further advance this uniqueness.

User Image
Ahhh, but what you are not understanding my friend is that if we have to choose from classes, everyone WILL be the same.
The ring system implements originality so that you CREATE your own class through the rings you use.
Say I wan't to use light and Dark rings with an attack base instead of a magic one.
I can name my class as a Chao-Berserker if I'm aggro, a Chao Paladin if I wan't to add healing light spells, or A Chao-Knight if I wan't to mix Offensive and Defensive.
Those are classes of my own creation.
But say I get bored of my Class some day.
I can easily change my rings and create anotherclass to my liking.
The class system would most likely limit this freedom severely by making us choose from one class always.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff