Welcome to Gaia! ::

How many times, have I seen a thread that rants about, "How come I can't use my katana?! I have been working for years to get it, and now I can't use it?! F**k you , Gaia!* (Please note that that is not an actual quote)
Well, frig, I'm sorry you slaved for years getting your katana there, but honestly, do you think it would be fair?
Some people are new, they just can't make over 100k for one weapon in a week. They are new!
Some of you might say, "Screw you, screw the new people! They're new, so screw them." I've actually seen many posts like this. They can't help that they just found out about Gaia, and they can't help that they don't have as much experience.
Some people have been on Gaia for so long, they didn't buy a weapon, and you expect that they are going to push 100k for something that they really don't want, but they need to actually battle.
The reason for the ring system is 1) Easier to obtain rings
People can get rings, unlike maybe a Dark Star, that there is only a limited amount.
2) Animation
Do you honestly think that they are going to go and make animations for every freaking item out there? They would have to make an animation for every item they've released that you equip. Because you have to move your arm to swing your Staff of Angels, and when you swing your arm, you move the rest of your body with it. So they would have to animate every item...
3) Avatar
We would have to change our avatar just for it. Maybe this has more defense than that? You would have to change your perfectly coordinated avatar into some weird looking thing just to have the best stats? And honestly, Gaia is revolved around making pretty avatars and chatting with people, not about statistics in a Battle System, that system is just for your fun, for the gamers to have something.
4) Lag
Can you imagine the lag? It's made in flash, people. With all those extra animations in it, you won't be able to move 2 steps without being frozen on spot because of the lag.
I think I'm done my rant, so try your best, flamers.

Edit: Okay, you don't like the thread, you find it annoying like the people who complain about not being able to use their weapons. That's fine, that's really fine, you aren't forced to read. Go to the threads you want to go to, I'm not going to stop you. I won't get pissed that you aren't here, I just needed to blow a little steam. I'm done, that's that.

-----

I'm on a collection quest, so I'm constantly broke! I'm going for a Demonic Anklets right now. So please help by donating your unwanted items and/or gold! Thanks for your support!

User Image

Donators:
Amaricandude - 500g heart
true True. I'm just fine by making gold bumping, instead of some up and coming fighting system that will only give everyone another thing to complain that "It's not good enough!"
Mmhmm, mmhmm, the poor Gaia developers, this was suppose to be fun...

-----

I'm on a collection quest, so I'm constantly broke! I'm going for a Demonic Anklets right now. So please help by donating your unwanted items and/or gold! Thanks for your support!

User Image

Donators:
Amaricandude - 500g heart

Sparkly Wizard

10,725 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Novice Mage 100
It's ironic that you want other people to stop complaining when you are complaining yourself. x ___x

And a lot of what you said doesn't have any basis in fact. It MIGHT be in Flash, but we don't know anything yet.
Rushlight`'s muleh~User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Gallows and Guillotines
It's ironic that you want other people to stop complaining when you are complaining yourself. x ___x
Rushlight`'s muleh~User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I just want them to shut up.
Then I'll stop, we both get our fair share. =P
If people want to use weapons etc then download and play maple story. It's free, and good fun. I play it, I doubt I'll take much part in gaia's battle system, unless it does actually turn out to be something rather good.

Sparkly Wizard

10,725 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Novice Mage 100
Posting a complaining thread about complaining just creates MORE complaining. There will always be haters, and we seem to have quite a few, but telling them to shut up won't do anything.

I see this kind of cycle in the GCD almost all the time. You can't end the complaining with more complaining, it won't work. What does work is getting your facts straight and informing the ignorant complainers of what's right. :3 Some newer (and mostly illiterate, however much I despise the word, it's the only word that fits here) users don't like the Battle System, but I almost guarantee that most of the haters will end up playing it in the end.
Bravo. And may I add to the reason why we won't be using weapons? And no I don't want this up there I just want to say this.

Some people have waited longer than others for the Battle System. Yet in the real world people know about a game before it comes out. So when a game comes out people that didn't know about it now do. So does that mean that those people who've been waiting so long to get the game get to be that much farther ahead? I think not. ._., Just something to ponder.

Sparkly Wizard

10,725 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Novice Mage 100
I also posted a thread similar to this one, except without much complaining in it.

Click here.
Gallows and Guillotines
Posting a complaining thread about complaining just creates MORE complaining. There will always be haters, and we seem to have quite a few, but telling them to shut up won't do anything.

I see this kind of cycle in the GCD almost all the time. You can't end the complaining with more complaining, it won't work. What does work is getting your facts straight and informing the ignorant complainers of what's right. :3 Some newer (and mostly illiterate, however much I despise the word, it's the only word that fits here) users don't like the Battle System, but I almost guarantee that most of the haters will end up playing it in the end.

I said what I needed to let out. I'm merely stating my logic. If you don't like what I wrote, then you don't.
You're right, but making threads like this is just as annoying.
Insane Chef
You're right, but making threads like this is just as annoying.
Thank you! Man i am sooooooo tired of it too!

3,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
That is so true. You know that they're planing on PVP later, right? the last thing newbies (not n00bs) need are some superpowered, rich guy with every weapon to kill them as soon as they log in.
nuo
That is so true. You know that they're planing on PVP later, right? the last thing newbies (not n00bs) need are some superpowered, rich guy with every weapon to kill them as soon as they log in.

Yes, I know

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces