Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should you start with a Starter Kit in the Gaia Online MMO?

Heck Yeah! 0.9296875 93.0% [ 119 ]
I don't think so... 0.0703125 7.0% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 128 ]
< 1 2 3 4

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
Hmmm. I'm okay with random, and I'm okay with nontradeable, but both at once? If the other starters are obtainable by some other means, like a quest or in-game mission, it might be okay.
do have to liek recharge them or sumthing???
i was the 100th vote on 'Heck Yeah!'

if we do get starter kits, mine better have a lightning ring
For our Starter Rings, I'm hoping that for Quality of Life reasons, they give us a random Ring in two major categories; 'Attack/Damaging Rings', and 'Utility Rings'.

That way we can have both an attack so we can actually fight at the beginning (say, the Mantis Ring), and some defensive or fun little ability to toy with at the start such as a Healing Ring or Invisibility Ring. Perhaps even a Passive Ring of some kind.

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
If it's random, they'd HAVE to make it so you got at least one Attack Ring, otherwise you'd be unable to play at all.
i just hope it doesnt take like 8 years for this s**t to hit gaia
has the battle mmo started yet???
Yo dawg! Dat iz wiggety wiggety whack!
nice......kool..............
Its possiable that the Starter rings are non-tradeable because you can later use them to Upgrade another ring.

Personaly, i woudn't mind starting out with a heal/barrier combo, you can always buy an Atk ring off the market.
I just hope they come out with a playable version of it soon. Even if there's not a whole lot of content initially. smile

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
Jcatsman
Its possiable that the Starter rings are non-tradeable because you can later use them to Upgrade another ring.

Personaly, i woudn't mind starting out with a heal/barrier combo, you can always buy an Atk ring off the market.

So in that case, the starter rings would be more like temporary Quest bits than actual items?
Sithlady
yeah but i hate it when games won't let you at least sell the basic equipment so later when you have much better equipment, you're still stuck with the lame, weak basic ones. i don't mind if we can't trade, that actually makes sense; but i think we should be able to sell the basic rings when we don't need them anymore(that way we can get some extra gold too)

You wouldn't be "stuck" with them, per se. You'd have them with you, but you could file them away in the Deepest Depths of Storage and forget they ever existed.

Anyway, if they did decide to make the starter rings untradeable, I wouldn't gripe too much. It would sure keep the Marketplace from getting flooded by a TON of extra junk that, after a few months, NO ONE wants to buy -- because they already have the ones they want, or because they've moved beyond starter rings. Anyone remember the stuff from the Starter Sets? Same principle.

And a note to any would-be questioners: This is not the place to post questions about release date/coolness factor/gameplay/just what is an MMO anyway. In fact, do not post those questions anywhere -- they have all been answered in the Gaia Battle FAQ.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff