Welcome to Gaia! ::

I feel it would be a great idea to turn the game into a stand alone when the battle system comes out, because many games do not run smoothly on a browser. (Runescape).
no... and it would still all be on the same server, so there would still be lag...

3,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
I hope u need a agent who can tell u what is going on in the other groups
No it probably would not be a good idea. Think about it--for one thing people would demand being able to be in the normal community of gaia, or in "teams". And also it would still use a server of some kind, and would lag ANYWAY. (think early DragonFable xd )

Friendly Conversationalist

Dragon fable is fun but the lagging pisses me off.........Oh sweet avi art.
Didn't think of the fact that the forum is integrated with the game... hehe, i guess it would be a bad idea.
An optional downloadable client wouldn't be a bad idea, but forceing people to download is no way to handle this MMO. But I also think forcing people to play off of the website wouldn't be much better, mostly due to connection issues that could crop up when several people attempt to connect at once
the only reason i thought of this idea, is because the mmos i played that are not stand-alone had major lag and glitch issues (ogre-island, runescape).
and i thought it would be a better idea to improve game speed by having it be a stand alone client.

Tricky Treasure

They currently are working on the stability issues with the servers, I expect they'll have better and more powerful ones up and running by the time Battle is ready for release...
Lanzer
I'm very lucky to be talking to the head of the gaming division of Sun Microsystems today and they're happy that we're looking into their game server technology. We'll be getting more help from the cool guys at Sun and hopefully we'll soon have a scalable and rock solid game server up and running!
MrMagic0
I feel it would be a great idea to turn the game into a stand alone when the battle system comes out, because many games do not run smoothly on a browser. (Runescape).
thatscool cool
I'd like to see a downloadable client. I have a pretty lousy internet connection (is 'Internet' really a proper noun? My spellchecker seems to think so), that gets shaped to barely better than dial-up almost half the time. Having as many of the graphics resources as possible stored locally would help a lot.
MrMagic0

idk
id rather have it in a wey that one can macke a game sasion (like cars and fishing ect) and you can leave it open fore people to enter or lucke it up fore when you whanabe totaly alone whit your party and or friends mmm

eny how i thinck the sesions servers will be like towns
(not the game play yosst the directory )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff