Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Hunter

15,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Elocutionist 200
MCYX
I can't believe what they are doing to zomg, make them seem so money hungry.

Gaia's a corporation. Corporation=money crazy.

Only the things that make them RL $$$ 'matter' to Gaia, apparently, which is why both zOMG and Booty Grab have been so often kicked to the curb by GaiaCo.

The new area in zOMG is - at least in my eyes - simply something to fob off people with so they'll likely quiet down temporarily while trying to beat it...and let Gaia move on to other, more profitable endeavors. xp
MAN, I wish Gaia would just make new and interesting areas and such for zOMG, instead of rehashing the same old thing. It gets really boring (and NOT FUN) to grind and grind and grind with precious tiny chance to ever win.

It took me a long time to finally finish zOMG, and get my little rewards from it here and there, but ultimately it was worth all the time and effort. Often, it was fun on one level or another...
... BUT....
(and honestly, I'm NOT trying to sound whiny at ALL)... having something like a 1-2% chance of winning the Dead Man's Pass sub-adventure is just not decent enough to make me want to really bother to grind away at it. There ARE some folks who can do that sort of thing (called hardcore gamers), but I thinkenough zOMG players aren't likely on to be in hardcore mode. I know I'm not.

Retro Punk

You know since Gaia IS a corporation i wonder how do you go about and buy some of their stock?? I mean haveing enough stock gives you a say.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Mademoiselle Kit
I don't think anyone made it to tonight's ATA. XD

Too busy with DMS.
This.^ xd

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
.~.Legal Bump.~.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
.~.Legal Bump.~.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
ATA is now in progress.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Bumping back to the first page.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Sucky News: Development on zOMG! has been put on hold. Why? For yet another facebook game. Here I am, all ready to celebrate Gaia's anniversary. Then, I hear about this s**t. Screen shots of the conversation can be found here. The date of the next Ask the Admin is listed in the title of my thread. Please, make it your business to be there and let your outrage be known.

Conservative Wrangler

14,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
GuinAoiichi
You know since Gaia IS a corporation i wonder how do you go about and buy some of their stock?? I mean haveing enough stock gives you a say.

This is worth quoting.

Unfortunately for us...gaiaonline is NOT a publicly owned company (i.e. one in which the public has the chance to buy stock) but rather a privately owned company. This means of course that all profits go to the relatively small number of people who do own the company...whether they be simple owners, or the owners and their employees--w/e. IF they were a publicly owned company, then their stock holders might indeed have a say in how they ran their business...and they would also have the obligation to expand and seek out the best dividends for their stockholders. Since they're NOT a publicly owned company, they have no obligation to expand, hence the laying off of developers after record profits at least two times according to articles I've come across. emotion_8c

2008 layoff
2010 layoff

If you've checked out the articles, please note that Sherman mentioned having 2 Million MORE unique visitors per month in the second article. Elsewhere, he's mentioned that on average, users pay $30 each and every month....and this is during a recession mind you! lol--they're raking in dough hand over fist. Once I learned (a couple of years ago now) that they were bringing in 1 Million dollars every month--and I combined that with the knowledge that they were a privately owned company...I knew they weren't going to do much more with zOMG. They've made that abundantly obvious....and as far as I can see, there's nothing we can do to force them to change their minds...gosh I hope I'm wrong. emotion_bigvein

Destructive Bunny

Aileeya
GuinAoiichi

This is worth quoting.

Unfortunately for us...gaiaonline is NOT a publicly owned company (i.e. one in which the public has the chance to buy stock) but rather a privately owned company. This means of course that all profits go to the relatively small number of people who do own the company...whether they be simple owners, or the owners and their employees--w/e. IF they were a publicly owned company, then their stock holders might indeed have a say in how they ran their business...and they would also have the obligation to expand and seek out the best dividends for their stockholders. Since they're NOT a publicly owned company, they have no obligation to expand, hence the laying off of developers after record profits at least two times according to articles I've come across. emotion_8c

2008 layoff
2010 layoff

If you've checked out the articles, please note that Sherman mentioned having 2 Million MORE unique visitors per month in the second article. Elsewhere, he's mentioned that on average, users pay $30 each and every month....and this is during a recession mind you! lol--they're raking in dough hand over fist. Once I learned (a couple of years ago now) that they were bringing in 1 Million dollars every month--and I combined that with the knowledge that they were a privately owned company...I knew they weren't going to do much more with zOMG. They've made that abundantly obvious....and as far as I can see, there's nothing we can do to force them to change their minds...gosh I hope I'm wrong. emotion_bigvein

crying I knew they were making a killing from the rigs and monly cash shop items.

The only people who's jobs are safe are the artists, they pump out the rig items.

Retro Punk

Starshine
Aileeya
GuinAoiichi

This is worth quoting.

2008 layoff
2010 layoff

crying I knew they were making a killing from the rigs and monly cash shop items.

The only people who's jobs are safe are the artists, they pump out the rig items.

I love the art they produce. But it just seems wrong that zomg devs are not as important. Artists and Devs should be on equal terms. I mean to me Gaia without zomg would be kinda boring. Zomg is one of the reasons i stuck around in the begining. The whole idea of being able to create your own "mario-like" character and play it in a game it just hit home for me. Brought back good old memories of the NES.
Yeah i stick around now for the friends ive made. But , i need the challenge of zomg. In the other games your avi is,.....well just an avatar. A bodyless bust that doesn't do anything.
Zomg has action !! I get to see MY avie walk across the screen and kick a** ! Thats whats great about zomg!

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
GuinAoiichi
Yeah i stick around now for the friends ive made. But , i need the challenge of zomg. In the other games your avi is,.....well just an avatar. A bodyless bust that doesn't do anything.
Zomg has action !! I get to see MY avie walk across the screen and kick a** ! Thats whats great about zomg!
Pretty much why I love playing zOMG!.^

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
.~.Legal Bump.~.

Vicious Vampire

14,650 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500