Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay now a while back we had a slew of topics about naming the MMO after Qixter let on he wasn't happy with simply Battle. I can't say I really expected it to be opened up like this though.

So did you enter? What was you submission if so? And what do you think about the idea in general?

UPDATE I

Public Service Announcement: Seeing some suggestions people had it occurred to me. Now this is just an assumption, but when they Gaia says they want something short I'm betting they want something to fit the form "Gaia (Noun)" like Cards, Fishing, Bump, Rally, etc.

UPDATE II

Hey this thread got a response from Qixter:

Qixter
For the record: The "Name the Game" contest got created because the best name I could come up with myself was "Legends"...which *does* describe what I like about the game (you become a legend, you uncover legends, and exploring the game feels like reading a legend, were the "meanings behind the name" that I thought were kinda cool).

However...that name gets used a lot on games and I wanted to come up with something else. We brainstormed a couple of times, but didn't come up with anything that we thought was really superior.

Except for one idea. "Hey! Let's ask the players! Wouldn't it be cool to name the game something that THEY came up with?" And so...the contest was born.

Our fingers are crossed. There are many thousands of entries already and one of the guys here is creating a filtering mechanism so we can start reading through all the entries. I fully expect to have a moment of "Eureka!" when the right name comes across my screen.

smile

-- Q.

Page 5

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
I need a good idea, and i'm thinking we could push a name if we had the #s behind it.

Versatile Businesswoman

I kinda liked the name "Battle"... sweatdrop Am I alone in that?
I said Odyssey.

.... So did everyone else probably.
GAIA UNLEASHED or GAIA FANTASY rofl

Lonely Phantom

User Image

I put Gaian Conquest...
sweatdrop
I swear, it's probably been submitted ten bajillion times by now...
If the the threads before are any indication, names that sound obivous actually don't come up that often.

Personally I have to wonder what they will do if two people have the same entry and that entry wins.

Versatile Businesswoman

Lord Fates
If the the threads before are any indication, names that sound obivous actually don't come up that often.

Personally I have to wonder what they will do if two people have the same entry and that entry wins.
They went over that in the rules.
Couldn't it be seen as kind of lazy of them to make a contest out of naming the Battle System?

Lonely Phantom

It'll most likely be desided by the "Why should We Pick Yours?" Post...
Edit: @ Shimarr: Nah, they just wan't our Ideas, they could easily chose something themselves, but they'd rather chose what WE want.
:3
Japi
Lord Fates

They went over that in the rules.

Oh duh THERE it is. Glad I leaped early.
I think I'm gona sleep on it.. I mean we have till the 19th!
Okay, I posted about this in the FAQ once before.

Ill make it straight forward in one sentence:

Qixter has no right to name the battle system game what he wants.

There. *grabs flameshield*

No. You are not blind. You don't need glasses. You are not high/drunk/insane (maybe ;D).

Qixter is a HIRED WORKER FOR GAIA. So say, heck, I am going to go work for Nintendo! Im going to help them make the next Mario game! Yay, Nintendo is making me the main/commanding/leading developer for this game! Yay! Oh ********. I really hate the name of this game, I think I will just go ahead and change it! To NARUTO RULZ MARIO GAMES SUX BATTLE GAME GAME! Not.

That isn't the way it works, anywhere. You could get fired for that, maybe kicked out of the game design business for good.

Really, it never should be his choice, and it shouldn't be his choice EVER.

If gaia wants to change the name themselves, go ahead, but its kind of sad that they make it's users do everything and have to submit the content to the creators. Aka: Two item contests, art contest last year, this name contest.

I am not trying to sound mean, nor am I trying to disrespect Q in any way, I just want to get my point across, that a hired worker should not be allowed to change the name, unless it is approved by the company it is being made for.

If that is the case with Q, sure, go for it Q. It just seems strange, that right after Q thinks about changing the name, after someone makes a thread about it, and with the power Q has to make announcements on not only him, but on NPC accounts I believe? Maybe? Im not sure. Anyways, all that adds up, and it looks like it was all his idea.

Even if none of this is true, I still think it should be named Gaia Battle.
Gaia adventure frontier
Little harsh there Tessen, I'd say put auxillary power to the deflector shields but we aren't that infested yet. I'd rather have the creators of a game get to name it then the more corporate types in general terms, though how seriously corporate Gaia is at the upper levels I'd not care to hazard.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff