what an incredibly disheartening thread title

I can make you feel better. emotion_dowant

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
MistressMinako
Sisky does forum contests, especially since she sees what a sad state zOMG and its community are in.

So it's not really an "event".

Is there no pleasing you guys? You wail and bemoan saying Gaia ignores us when they refuse to host in-game events but now you're doing the same saying Gaia pities us? I know a forum event is a compromise. But have we ever had an in-game event in zOMG! for Valentines?

Personally I think forum events have one advantage over in-game events. They have a human backed presence and especially one of higher standing no less. It's nicer seeing an admin lead willingly coming out in support of our community rather than having some programmer spending just 5 minutes behind the scenes to give us a rehashed event just because he was told to do so.

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
Miyaka Hana
Another Contest lol

I think I'll just be on minecraft that day. emotion_yatta

I think we should play minecraft together one day emotion_donotwant

On topic:
Good. emotion_donotwant
Notice it's only Sisky that actually cares and does these types of things for us.

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
Silk Kanishk
MistressMinako
Sisky does forum contests, especially since she sees what a sad state zOMG and its community are in.

Is there no pleasing you guys? You wail and bemoan saying Gaia ignores us when they refuse to host in-game events but now you're doing the same saying Gaia pities us? I know a forum event is a compromise. But have we ever had an in-game event in zOMG! for Valentines?

Personally I think forum events have one advantage over in-game events. They have a human backed presence and especially one of higher standing no less. It's nicer seeing an admin lead willingly coming out in support of our community rather than having some programmer spending just 5 minutes behind the scenes to give us a rehashed event just because he was told to do so.

You can please the z!F? emotion_jawdrop
Ill believe it when I see a pig grow wings and fly.

IRL Cat

Silk Kanishk
curtneko
Silk Kanishk
curtneko

What's wrong with it? sad
consider what "event" means to this forum

An event is an event. talk2hand Considering that zOMG! has never had an in-game V-day event, I don't see how anyone could ever misinterpret it as such.
the fact that there's never been a valentines event means the phrase can easily be interpreted as such or as a rerelease of sh to the cash shop

goddamn silk

Feral Canine

21,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Silk Kanishk
Rextrious
curtneko

I can make you feel better. emotion_dowant

No thanks.. talk2hand

Beloved Elder

I just hope it's not some art contest. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler, much less a decent picture.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
curtneko
Silk Kanishk
curtneko
Silk Kanishk
curtneko

An event is an event. talk2hand Considering that zOMG! has never had an in-game V-day event, I don't see how anyone could ever misinterpret it as such.
the fact that there's never been a valentines event means the phrase can easily be interpreted as such or as a rerelease of sh to the cash shop

goddamn silk

But how can it be an event if it is just a re-sale of SH rings? Sounds more like an offer.

Waghih's Wife

OG Marshmallow

21,550 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Firestarter 200
  • 50 Wins 150
emotion_dowant emotion_dowant emotion_dowant emotion_dowant emotion_dowant

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Silk Kanishk
MistressMinako

I didn't say it was bad. I talk to Sisky most every week and make a point of thanking her for what she does on the zOMG front.

My previous response was outlining the difference between an in-game event, which is what most people would consider "a zOMG event" and a forum event put on by the one admin willing to give us the time of day. I didn't mean to personally offend you.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
MistressMinako
Silk Kanishk
MistressMinako

I didn't say it was bad. I talk to Sisky most every week and make a point of thanking her for what she does on the zOMG front.

My previous response was outlining the difference between an in-game event, which is what most people would consider "a zOMG event" and a forum event put on by the one admin willing to give us the time of day. I didn't mean to personally offend you.

I didn't take personal offence to it. o 3o

IRL Cat

Silk Kanishk
curtneko
Silk Kanishk
curtneko
Silk Kanishk
curtneko

goddamn silk

But how can it be an event if it is just a re-sale of SH rings? Sounds more like an offer.
an offer that is quite an event

Expansionist's Significant Otter

Green Fairy

I figure that any attention that we can get from an Admin is good at this point. I'll take what I can get.

I'm kind of torn about the Sweetheart ring possibly being available again. On one hand it would be nice to have another opportunity to obtain a Sweetheart ring. I was either offline, or broke, or both when it was offered before. I may not be able to get one this time either, but it would be nice to have that opportunity. On the other hand, it seems like it was understood by some to be a one-time only thing and making it available again would undermine the already shaky trust we have in our Admins.

At any rate we should find out what Sisky's contest will be soon if she's going to have it in time for Valentine's Day.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
curtneko
Silk Kanishk
curtneko
Silk Kanishk
curtneko

goddamn silk

an offer that is quite an event

If that were the case, then why are rigs, CIs etc called offers and not events? Which is completely different from the events we see on holidays like Christmas and Easter, etc.

iFaiji's Pardner

Much Hobo

42,425 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
yay event...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash