Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Codger

Falbal
It could even be people who didn't play the game in the period between the glitch and the fix, thus actually rewarding people for not playing. The whole thing seems absurd to me.

I believe I've seen the ring referred to as "Inactivity", for that very reason, yes. It was absurd, you're right.

Personally, I'd like to see the ring's name changed - to something a little less morally charged, ideally. Perhaps call it "Gaia's Blessing," or some such, as a contrast to "Kamila's Curse". As for availability, I'd like to see the ring offered as part of Dev Events; give them the special ability to grant the ring, at spawns, meets, and similar activities. The pushes the ring back to a more neutral position, but maintains its premise as a reward granted for doing things that Gaia (and the devs) approve of... 3nodding

Destructive Bunny

Red Kutai
Falbal
It could even be people who didn't play the game in the period between the glitch and the fix, thus actually rewarding people for not playing. The whole thing seems absurd to me.

I believe I've seen the ring referred to as "Inactivity", for that very reason, yes. It was absurd, you're right.

Personally, I'd like to see the ring's name changed - to something a little less morally charged, ideally. Perhaps call it "Gaia's Blessing," or some such, as a contrast to "Kamila's Curse". As for availability, I'd like to see the ring offered as part of Dev Events; give them the special ability to grant the ring, at spawns, meets, and similar activities. The pushes the ring back to a more neutral position, but maintains its premise as a reward granted for doing things that Gaia (and the devs) approve of... 3nodding

I know I got mine from inactivity xd If I was playing I would have likely "experimented" with the glitch.

I'm curious like a cat.
boisterously_silent
Falbal
boisterously_silent
EDIT: I should also add that I wouldn't mind if new users were given an opportunity to earn Integrity somehow, but I don't know what they would need to do to earn it. "Not cheating" isn't really an option when the method for cheating has been removed.

I have been playing for two weeks now, and I haven't cheated. When do I get my reward?

How anyone can be rewarded for playing the way they are supposed to is beyond me.

The ability to cheat was there for months before it was fixed, and there was nothing in place to prevent people from doing it easily. Many people who obtained the glitched rings walked around as CL18s, which was an awfully tempting prospect to those of us stuck at CL10 for years. It was like putting a big chocolate cake in front of us and not giving us any reason to NOT eat it. There was no punishment for cheating, and it was uncertain whether or not there would even be any future punishment. For months, there was no reason, other than the desire to not cheat, that prevented people from getting those glitched rings.

That's why we were given Integrity rings. We chose to stare at that chocolate cake for months without taking a bite.
I'm glad there was no milk with the chocolate cake

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Falbal
boisterously_silent
Falbal
Why don't all players get the chance of obtaining that ring? Isn't that unfair to new players joining the game?

Integrity was a bonus issued to reward specific players for their behaviour. To have it available to everyone would be unfair to the people it was meant to reward.

It would be like issuing a medal to people for bravery, then saying, "Congratulations! Here's your medal for Most Excellent Bravery! However, everyone else likes your medal, and they're sad that they don't get one, so we're going to give everyone medals whether they earned them or not. Being brave was still totally worth it, though, right?"

It is still unfair to new players, that the game contains a superior ring, that they can never obtain themselves. I can understand that some people have earned it, but new players should have a chance to earn it as well. It is not good for the balance of a game, that all players aren't given the same oportunities.

Not really,

Gaia isn't the first MMO to have limited time offer drops.

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I am one of those players that was not at level 10 when the glitch was removed so I did not get an integrity ring crying
I was well aware of the glitch though. I have been playing zomg for a while, but left for like 2 years, and then came back with only VERY limited internet access so I did not level up very fast. For reference it could take me two or more weeks or more to finish the quests in a zone and level up to get to the next zone. Now that is not a problem, but I have no chance of even earning an integrity ring.
Random Acts of Awesome
Not really,

Meaning that it isn't the only unfair game. It doesn't make it any better, that other game are the same.

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Falbal
Random Acts of Awesome
Not really,

Meaning that it isn't the only unfair game. It doesn't make it any better, that other game are the same.

thats like saying you should still be awarded long-term community benefits for only having been here a day.

real life doesn't work like that, NO MMO works like that---what im saying, is get over it.

and with the fact that Fortune's Favor (an event ring that, boosts luck) has been released 3 times should be enough for you.

Relentless Glitch

Falbal
Random Acts of Awesome
Not really,

Probably makes it realistic if that is the industry's standard. You really can't argue for fairness and equality when the MMO is set in the back drop of Gaia where time limited and premium items as incentives are par for the course. I did want certain items on the site, but I simply joined too late to avail of them in a reasonable manner.

I did want the equivalent of the ring to be available via CS for a limited time. The name Integrity should be changed though.

Animated Animated

24,175 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • ReAnimated 50
boisterously_silent
Falbal
boisterously_silent
EDIT: I should also add that I wouldn't mind if new users were given an opportunity to earn Integrity somehow, but I don't know what they would need to do to earn it. "Not cheating" isn't really an option when the method for cheating has been removed.

I have been playing for two weeks now, and I haven't cheated. When do I get my reward?

How anyone can be rewarded for playing the way they are supposed to is beyond me.

The ability to cheat was there for months before it was fixed, and there was nothing in place to prevent people from doing it easily. Many people who obtained the glitched rings walked around as CL18s, which was an awfully tempting prospect to those of us stuck at CL10 for years. It was like putting a big chocolate cake in front of us and not giving us any reason to NOT eat it. There was no punishment for cheating, and it was uncertain whether or not there would even be any future punishment. For months, there was no reason, other than the desire to not cheat, that prevented people from getting those glitched rings.

That's why we were given Integrity rings. We chose to stare at that chocolate cake for months without taking a bite.

I had a piece forced down my throat a month or 2 before the rings came out. I got one from a Dev Meat and was placed as an Abuser. gonk Yeah I've been telling the same thing over and over but I'm sorta hoping the devs will remember my "special case" (My whole firewall fiasco didn't help either).

I feel useless without Integrity. Why'd it happen to me? crying But I don't mind having to get it through Cash seeing as though I have a ring that will only be obtained if you defeat Kamila.

~~~
Speaking of Kamila, anyone know if the name was officially changed? My ring still says Abuse but I keep hearing Kamila's Curse. neutral

King Noob

boisterously_silent
Falbal
Why don't all players get the chance of obtaining that ring? Isn't that unfair to new players joining the game?

Integrity was a bonus issued to reward specific players for their behaviour. To have it available to everyone would be unfair to the people it was meant to reward.

It would be like issuing a medal to people for bravery, then saying, "Congratulations! Here's your medal for Most Excellent Bravery! However, everyone else likes your medal, and they're sad that they don't get one, so we're going to give everyone medals whether they earned them or not. Being brave was still totally worth it, though, right?"

Imo it was very unfair to take away the hard earned glitched rings. Gaia users did not modify the game in any way they were simply playing the game.... If the game is glitched and people use that glitch to their advantage IT'S ZOMG's Fault...not the user.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't have done the whole integrity/abuse thing... because I admit it is funny.. BUT a lot of users lost important rings (that were glitched) like meat. and it is annoying to farm for rings seeing that the drops are random.

Also giving out rings as rewards and not making it available to others can lead to assholes (pardon my language) I know one user was kicked from a crew for not having integrity... (clearly the crew leader or whoever did the kicking was an a*****e)

Besides....you can now get the abuse ring though dms so you can call that unfair because now anyone can get that.. it makes it lose its uniqueness...(even though abuse ring doesnt help)

King Noob

boisterously_silent
Falbal
boisterously_silent

But still I don't see how it's cheating. Nobody modified the game, they used the games glitches to their benefit. The game SHOUDN'T have so many damn glitches. I understand to punish if someone hacked the game...but they did not.

Invisible Citizen

Grace Gubreez
But still I don't see how it's cheating. Nobody modified the game, they used the games glitches to their benefit.

It's against the ToS to exploit existing glitches, which means users should have been banned for obtaining glitched rings. The devs did not communicate to the users how serious a transgression this was until after the exploit was fixed, so nobody got banned. Instead, they got their glitched rings taken away, and were given an Abuse ring for laughs.

After thinking about it a little more, I think I'd be fine with Integrity being made available for GC, since people seem to like it so much. I think it's nice to have, but it's completely idiotic to kick someone out of a crew for not having it. It's not that great.

Perfect Saint

Grace Gubreez
boisterously_silent
Falbal
boisterously_silent

But still I don't see how it's cheating. Nobody modified the game, they used the games glitches to their benefit. The game SHOUDN'T have so many damn glitches. I understand to punish if someone hacked the game...but they did not.

Using the glitches is the cheating. This sort of action is not condoned whether or not it is the fault of the game. The Terms of Service does cover it and does recommend a sanction of banning people who exploit glitches for personal gain. Using ring glitches does fall under that; however, for better or for worse, the developers sought to resolve the issue using the new rings instead of harsher punishments. It's pretty much a done deal after 6 months and since zOMG is really no longer a priority for the developers due to new obligations, I don't think they will be addressing this situation all over again. Fair or not, that is where the chips have fallen.

Still, I, too wouldn't mind cash shop versions of Integrity. Got a couple of mules that would like one but did not make the cut.

King Noob

boisterously_silent
[.

Wow did not know they had a rule in the ToS for that... I think that is silly since again glitches shouldn't even be there rolleyes Every time I consider paying for zomg I think of all the glitches I've found while playing and how they have not been fixed and how they will never be fixed this really discourages me. I haven't even bought an amulet or the stone sad I get really disapointed when I find glitches

For example, a month ago I finally beat smeb I was in a crew on normal. I got a message that read "you have all 4 chapter end rewards" so I am thinking to myself... ok no big deal maybe it will go away if I play on hard, and I will get my scarf and sell the scarf for 100k... nope still glitched. on this account i will never get any recipes from smeb unless if I buy them on mp..

you have no idea how much this bothers me... gonk

but yes a cash shop availibility of the integrity ring would be nice...

King Noob

Myrielle
Grace Gubreez
boisterously_silent
Falbal
boisterously_silent
ED.

yep someone else on the forum explained... imo I still dont think that rule is fair seeing that it is unfair to have glitches on a game that people spend money on

but..nothing we can do....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces