Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Genius

I still think they should release Integ as a cash shop only ring.

That way, the people who were "punished" will have to pay for it. I still think its fair, + money for zomg (LOLOL, Like any of the money will actually go to zomg, but you know what I mean)

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Mademoiselle Kit

That way, the people who were "punished" will have to pay for it. I still think its fair, + money for zomg (LOLOL, Like any of the money will actually go to zomg, but you know what I mean)

Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

I can see it being 299GC or more in the CS/BAB. It is not like it is not made yet and no one will want to purchase it.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Invisible Citizen

Falbal
boisterously_silent
Falbal
Why don't all players get the chance of obtaining that ring? Isn't that unfair to new players joining the game?

Integrity was a bonus issued to reward specific players for their behaviour. To have it available to everyone would be unfair to the people it was meant to reward.

It would be like issuing a medal to people for bravery, then saying, "Congratulations! Here's your medal for Most Excellent Bravery! However, everyone else likes your medal, and they're sad that they don't get one, so we're going to give everyone medals whether they earned them or not. Being brave was still totally worth it, though, right?"

It is still unfair to new players, that the game contains a superior ring, that they can never obtain themselves. I can understand that some people have earned it, but new players should have a chance to earn it as well. It is not good for the balance of a game, that all players aren't given the same oportunities.

Integrity has the same bonuses as Fitness, only slightly better. It isn't a game-breaking addition or a must-have ring, just a nice perk.

@Kit: The idea of "buying integrity" seems so wrong, though. gonk

EDIT: I should also add that I wouldn't mind if new users were given an opportunity to earn Integrity somehow, but I don't know what they would need to do to earn it. "Not cheating" isn't really an option when the method for cheating has been removed.

Questionable Genius

Opera Phantomess
Mademoiselle Kit

I can see it being 299GC or more in the CS/BAB. It is not like it is not made yet and no one will want to purchase it.

I was thinking 749 or 999gc actually.

But then again, this was back when I believed Gaia actually used our zomg money for zomg. neutral

Questionable Genius

boisterously_silent

@Kit: The idea of "buying integrity" seems so wrong, though. gonk
Shame. It seems like exactly the sort of thing that the admins would've gotten behind. neutral

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Mademoiselle Kit
Opera Phantomess
Mademoiselle Kit

I was thinking 749 or 999gc actually.

But then again, this was back when I believed Gaia actually used our zomg money for zomg. neutral

I was also thinking because several players still received it for free, it should not have a ridiculous price tag when compared to that. The Sweetheart Ring was different since it was never released before and was a CS exclusive ring.

boisterously_silent
EDIT: I should also add that I wouldn't mind if new users were given an opportunity to earn Integrity somehow, but I don't know what they would need to do to earn it. "Not cheating" isn't really an option when the method for cheating has been removed.

I have been playing for two weeks now, and I haven't cheated. When do I get my reward?

How anyone can be rewarded for playing the way they are supposed to is beyond me.

Invisible Citizen

Falbal
boisterously_silent

I have been playing for two weeks now, and I haven't cheated. When do I get my reward?

How anyone can be rewarded for playing the way they are supposed to is beyond me.

The ability to cheat was there for months before it was fixed, and there was nothing in place to prevent people from doing it easily. Many people who obtained the glitched rings walked around as CL18s, which was an awfully tempting prospect to those of us stuck at CL10 for years. It was like putting a big chocolate cake in front of us and not giving us any reason to NOT eat it. There was no punishment for cheating, and it was uncertain whether or not there would even be any future punishment. For months, there was no reason, other than the desire to not cheat, that prevented people from getting those glitched rings.

That's why we were given Integrity rings. We chose to stare at that chocolate cake for months without taking a bite.

Questionable Genius

boisterously_silent
Falbal
boisterously_silent

The ability to cheat was there for months before it was fixed, and there was nothing in place to prevent people from doing it easily. Many people who obtained the glitched rings walked around as CL18s, which was an awfully tempting prospect to those of us stuck at CL10 for years. It was like putting a big chocolate cake in front of us and not giving us any reason to NOT eat it. There was no punishment for cheating, and it was uncertain whether or not there would even be any future punishment. For months, there was no reason, other than the desire to not cheat, that prevented people from getting those glitched rings.

That's why we were given Integrity rings. We chose to stare at that chocolate cake for months without taking a bite.
Or because no one would go ring farming with us. lol

Benevolent Codger

boisterously_silent

Something of a bad analogy, I'm afraid - because while I would definitely eat the cake, I had absolutely no desire to obtain glitched rings. redface

The issue here is slightly more complex, considering that the majority of the players who took advantage of this glitch were not doing it to actually "get ahead" in any way - it was common knowledge that the glitch would be fixed in short order, the rings removed or adjusted, and the whole period essentially forgotten. It came as quite a surprise when those users were tagged as "abusive" when they had absolutely no intention of cheating in any way.

Likewise, players being tagged as possessing "integrity" were largely unaware of the glitch entirely, or simply not-at-all tempted by it - thus the notion that they showed any kind of fortitude in resisting its pull is largely absurd. Really, there are so many glitches in zOMG!, many of which are such a common part of gameplay, that I'd be absolutely flabbergasted if there was a single CL 10.0 player who had never taken advantage of one. I know I have, and yet my Integrity ring sits in my inventory nonetheless. The fact is, "Integrity" is just the name of a ring, at this point - it has no deeper meaning... whee

Invisible Citizen

Red Kutai

Something of a bad analogy, I'm afraid - because while I would definitely eat the cake, I had absolutely no desire to obtain glitched rings. redface

The issue here is slightly more complex, considering that the majority of the players who took advantage of this glitch were not doing it to actually "get ahead" in any way - it was common knowledge that the glitch would be fixed in short order, the rings removed or adjusted, and the whole period essentially forgotten. It came as quite a surprise when those users were tagged as "abusive" when they had absolutely no intention of cheating in any way.

Likewise, players being tagged as possessing "integrity" were largely unaware of the glitch entirely, or simply not-at-all tempted by it - thus the notion that they showed any kind of fortitude in resisting its pull is largely absurd. Really, there are so many glitches in zOMG!, many of which are such a common part of gameplay, that I'd be absolutely flabbergasted if there was a single CL 10.0 player who had never taken advantage of one. I know I have, and yet my Integrity ring sits in my inventory nonetheless. The fact is, "Integrity" is just the name of a ring, at this point - it has no deeper meaning... whee

I certainly didn't expect that anyone would get punished or rewarded, but since I was one of the people who actually made a conscious decision to not get glitched rings despite wanting them, it was a nice surprise to be rewarded for it. I assumed that the glitch would get fixed, the rings would be removed from the game, and that would be it.

I know that a lot of people only went after the glitched rings because they were bored from not having any CL10+ content, so the whole situation could have been avoided if more devs had been assigned to zOMG to give us new content. So really, everything is HQ's fault all the time. emotion_awesome

Benevolent Codger

boisterously_silent
I certainly didn't expect that anyone would get punished or rewarded, but since I was one of the people who actually made a conscious decision to not get glitched rings despite wanting them, it was a nice surprise to be rewarded for it. I assumed that the glitch would get fixed, the rings would be removed from the game, and that would be it.

I know that a lot of people only went after the glitched rings because they were bored from not having any CL10+ content, so the whole situation could have been avoided if more devs had been assigned to zOMG to give us new content. So really, everything is HQ's fault all the time. emotion_awesome

And so you can understand that in every way that was a nice surprise to you, it was a terrible and offensive surprise to others. Terrible and offensive surprises tend to be a telltale sign of bad decisionmaking; at least as far as game design goes. sweatdrop

But I think you know as well as I do that people will always take advantage of anything they perceive to be harmless, that they find fun - and that's what glitched rings were, to the majority of players who sought them out. The real issue resolved to a misunderstanding among our developers - a confusion that I very much hope they've learned from... redface

Invisible Citizen

Red Kutai

And so you can understand that in every way that was a nice surprise to you, it was a terrible and offensive surprise to others. Terrible and offensive surprises tend to be a telltale sign of bad decisionmaking; at least as far as game design goes. sweatdrop

But I think you know as well as I do that people will always take advantage of anything they perceive to be harmless, that they find fun - and that's what glitched rings were, to the majority of players who sought them out. The real issue resolved to a misunderstanding among our developers - a confusion that I very much hope they've learned from... redface

It really would have helped if any of the devs had stepped forward to say that farming glitched rings was definitely a bad thing. I only heard, about a week before they were removed, that maybe [ JK ] might have told someone in a PM that it was considered abuse, and I never even saw a reliable source for that. A "PLEASE DON'T DO THAT" sticky would have been nice.

A little communication can go a long way, and I also really hope they have learned from the whole debacle.

Benevolent Codger

boisterously_silent
It really would have helped if any of the devs had stepped forward to say that farming glitched rings was definitely a bad thing. I only heard, about a week before they were removed, that maybe [ JK ] might have told someone in a PM that it was considered abuse, and I never even saw a reliable source for that. A "PLEASE DON'T DO THAT" sticky would have been nice.

A little communication can go a long way, and I also really hope they have learned from the whole debacle.

Yes, it would. As far as I'm aware, [ JK ] attempted to address the issue with the other developers, who were on other projects and thus unable to deal with it immediately. Because of this, and because the glitch was largely harmless (the rings would have to be removed one way or another), he assumed that it was a low-priority issue, and essentially gave permission for players to make use of it. When the other developers were available, and finally came to understand the scope of the issue, they considered it anything but 'low-priority'.

There was an initial miscommunication as to whether the glitch was a major issue to begin with, which led to a second miscommunication when the first one was resolved, but the community had already been informed otherwise. The moral of the story is that they really need to fully address those issues before any sort of commentary is made upon them (and understand that that commentary is always urgent), to avoid putting the community in the middle of it unnecessarily... sweatdrop

EDIT: Come to think of it, the incident has some marked similarities with the current zOMG! situation - Gaia's devs have made commentary on the current state of zOMG! before fully resolving their opinions in private. As a result, again, that miscommunication has been aired over the heads of the community, which is as frustrating and confusing as ever... whee
Red Kutai
Likewise, players being tagged as possessing "integrity" were largely unaware of the glitch entirely, or simply not-at-all tempted by it - thus the notion that they showed any kind of fortitude in resisting its pull is largely absurd.

It could even be people who didn't play the game in the period between the glitch and the fix, thus actually rewarding people for not playing. The whole thing seems absurd to me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff