Welcome to Gaia! ::

the worst out of people sometimes emotion_donotwant
one leader wouldn't crew a cl 10 because his tc was too low and carrying diag. (which he admitted could be changed for wish)
keep in mind he was the only one asking for smob when no one else was saying me to her "1 slot smob" emotion_facepalm
did she not get the memo that we need to help teach people how to get out of the papa saw stage so they won't be train wrecks in dms
i thought we were over tc lvls? don't people just buy cl 10 rings in mp?

if this is TLDR
Potential smob/smeb leaders please take the time to teach people coming out of papa saw -> gold beach instead of shouting why you won't crew them emotion_donotwant
we all started out as "noobs"

Dangerous Player

PJisung
the worst out of people sometimes emotion_donotwant
one leader wouldn't crew a cl 10 because his tc was too low and carrying diag. (which he admitted could be changed for wish)
keep in mind he was the only one asking for smob when no one else was saying me to her "1 slot smob" emotion_facepalm
did she not get the memo that we need to help teach people how to get out of the papa saw stage so they won't be train wrecks in dms
i thought we were over tc lvls? don't people just buy cl 10 rings in mp?

if this is TLDR
Potential smob/smeb leaders please take the time to teach people coming out of papa saw -> gold beach instead of shouting why you won't crew them emotion_donotwant
we all started out as "noobs"
smile good point, all we awsome peeps are now to dms nnow though or are still smobing for mula. all the newly "noobs" of zomg are destroying the system D:

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Patience is a key factor to a lot of this. sMOB is meant to be a fast run for gold. Same for sMEB. So it's kinda expected that you learn quickly or be left behind.

Animal Lover

10,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
everyone when they start the game they're newbies and it's a normal thing.

Sparkly Nerd

10,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I admit I was a papa saw baby..but then I wanted to go into GB because I loved the underwater scenery! (even if I died the minute I started fighting x3 ) so i had to learn fast and I was lucky enough to start off my first smob runs with nice leaders.
B Furher
smile good point, all we awsome peeps are now to dms nnow though or are still smobing for mula. all the newly "noobs" of zomg are destroying the system D:

haha all the powerups needed for dms takes the money away crying
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Patience is a key factor to a lot of this. sMOB is meant to be a fast run for gold. Same for sMEB. So it's kinda expected that you learn quickly or be left behind.

haha I understand smob is a speed mob, but what got me was she didn't even consider having him "learn". I just crewed with someone straight from papa saw and it wasn't that difficult to say follow [insert players name]
SimplyABreeze
I admit I was a papa saw baby..but then I wanted to go into GB because I loved the underwater scenery! (even if I died the minute I started fighting x3 ) so i had to learn fast and I was lucky enough to start off my first smob runs with nice leaders.

I know there are nice leaders out there, I was a ps baby also until my buffs were all at 10 xD

Champion

You'd be surprised how much more efficient it is to wait for an experienced player than to recruit a newbie and attempt to teach them from scratch.

Worst of all would be if that one newbie annoyed other veterans in your crew and make them leave.

+1 rookie
-1 or more veterans

...it just isn't worth it.

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Nerd 50
Anyone willing to help me get a Bloodstone Gem?

I started smobbing yesterday ^^ but I think I've learnt the ropes already
PS: Yes some leaders are quite impatient but my first crew thought me well :^_^:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Female/17/Jamaican/Taken
Destrius
You'd be surprised how much more efficient it is to wait for an experienced player than to recruit a newbie and attempt to teach them from scratch.

Worst of all would be if that one newbie annoyed other veterans in your crew and make them leave.

+1 rookie
-1 or more veterans

True, but a veteran could easily direct them to a guide thread. Besides all current veterans were once rookies that were taught from scratch.
so wouldn't a rookie + a quick lesson/guide = a veteran?
D a F u k
Anyone willing to help me get a Bloodstone Gem?

I started smobbing yesterday ^^ but I think I've learnt the ropes already
PS: Yes some leaders are quite impatient but my first crew thought me well :^_^:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Female/17/Jamaican/Taken

I don't think it's a difficult process to teach a new smobber unless the player ignores what is being said to them. But a majority of "newbies" i've crewed with have listened or read guides that were given to them. but I'm glad you had successful runs biggrin

Champion

PJisung
Destrius

+1 rookie
-1 or more veterans

True, but a veteran could easily direct them to a guide thread. Besides all current veterans were once rookies that were taught from scratch.
so wouldn't a rookie + a quick lesson/guide = a veteran?
If only it were that easy...you'd be surprised at how many people refuse to read a guide and think "hey I can learn this just by going along" and then end up messing things up for the rest. (For example, they might wander into a random screen only to get rooted by fluffs and then quickly dazed forcing everyone to rescue them, defib, and then rebuff for him/her)

Additionally, the problem itself is the rookie trying to pick it up. Statistically, 90% take a while to pick it, ("a while" being more than 5 runs) while 10% can get it right on their first run. Crew leaders don't like those odds and rather not risk it.
Destrius
If only it were that easy...you'd be surprised at how many people refuse to read a guide and think "hey I can learn this just by going along" and then end up messing things up for the rest. (For example, they might wander into a random screen only to get rooted by fluffs and then quickly dazed forcing everyone to rescue them, defib, and then rebuff for him/her)

Additionally, the problem itself is the rookie trying to pick it up. Statistically, 90% take a while to pick it, ("a while" being more than 5 runs) while 10% can get it right on their first run. Crew leaders don't like those odds and rather not risk it.

Haha just like so many people refuse to lead a crew and play toss the crown. But I will admit having the rookie run off to grab the first two chests or being rooted and eventually dying from the fluffs is terrible and a time-waster for buffs and powerups. emo

I think if the route (spouts, tail, midclam, chests, queen) is said before the run begins the rookie might have a better chance of getting it right on their first run. For example on my first run the leader eader told the route and then had me follow another member that didn't lure so I wouldn't face the possibility of being rooted or swarmed by the rest of the animated. As for the odds, don't we always gamble on the randoms we add? I added a random with a decent 16k tc off the recrewt list and he carried no healing rings and had only a few buffs at 10 (I'm going to take a guess and say all his orbs went into the weapon rings). emotion_facepalm

Haha, but thanks for letting me know the odds of rookies in smob and the difficulties veterans face when recrewting emotion_c8

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff