Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Hunter

Ruike Raka

I haven't been gone THAT long. It was back when NiickiMiinaj had their last legit hiatus. So maybe a few months ago?

You know, I've always been curious about that. (I'm too curious for my own good.)

I've been here since Halloween 2010, visited the forum daily, and had never seen you around until DMS came out.
Were you just smobbin' around without taking part in the forum, or did you have a different account/name, or what?

I don't remember seeing you on Gold Beach during my time of sEB either, or in the forum during the sEB debacle. Are you someone we know with a different name? Or when exactly was that hiatus of yours?

/prying mrgreen

Shameless Stalker

Memory Haunts You
Mora was wondering this too. o 3o
/loves prying into people's lives. ninja

Devout Lunatic

Ruike Raka
As for the discussion bit, it takes two to tango as well as to hold a dialogue, because just one would be a monologue. That person had their opinion, I said mine. That's called a discussion, isn't it? o3o
I'd personally just call that a comment and a rebuttal. You'd need further the conversation before I think it'd qualify as a discussion.

And on a random note you criticize her for talking about SMEB, but to speed SMEB you have to first speed SMOB, so a lot of the discussion on speeding SMOB can be relevant to SMEB and vice versa.

Zzyli
Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

Arguably, if the crew could successfully defeat the CL 20.6 mini-boss in less time than the time taken to do a regular smob run, it could be a legitimate tactic. I have heard anecdotal evidence of them being possible to defeat, but I am uncertain whether that was pre or post the reflect nerfs.

Also, I would be very glad to spend some happy times smobbing to try and optimise our speed.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...
The queen was never practical this way because it would require too many reflects and it required a mixture of strategy and too much luck that was essentially impossible to combine and streamline. On the other hand you could mob the Commander while it was 20.6 and survive easily if the crew properly healed. With the reflect nerf, however, reflects are going to do 1hp damage instead of the 500-1000 that it used to do, and as no longer possible to reflect the Commander in a timely manner.

However, you can still potentially mob in a way where the when you get to the Commander it will be 20.6, but after you kill enough of the subs the commander will go down to 10.6. If you properly heal while killing the subs you should be okay until the commander changes to a 10.6. I'm almost positive (can't be sure without testing XD) this method would be no quicker at best and slower at worst than other methods. Furthermore, crews that don't heal well enough (most crews) would fall apart as people started dying doing this method.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
mysterious bloody shadow
The queen was never practical this way because it would require too many reflects and it required a mixture of strategy and too much luck that was essentially impossible to combine and streamline. On the other hand you could mob the Commander while it was 20.6 and survive easily if the crew properly healed. With the reflect nerf, however, reflects are going to do 1hp damage instead of the 500-1000 that it used to do, and as no longer possible to reflect the Commander in a timely manner.

However, you can still potentially mob in a way where the when you get to the Commander it will be 20.6, but after you kill enough of the subs the commander will go down to 10.6. If you properly heal while killing the subs you should be okay until the commander changes to a 10.6. I'm almost positive (can't be sure without testing XD) this method would be no quicker at best and slower at worst than other methods. Furthermore, crews that don't heal well enough (most crews) would fall apart as people started dying doing this method.

Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

This is what I felt... that the new nerfs would effectively nullify any feasible way of speeding the 20.6 sub bosses. So although the challenge could be interesting, it would very much mean that the speed element would be removed. I guess it could be something else to do for science, but not the domain of this thread.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Dangerous Humorist

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Memory Haunts You
Ruike Raka

I haven't been gone THAT long. It was back when NiickiMiinaj had their last legit hiatus. So maybe a few months ago?

You know, I've always been curious about that. (I'm too curious for my own good.)

I've been here since Halloween 2010, visited the forum daily, and had never seen you around until DMS came out.
Were you just smobbin' around without taking part in the forum, or did you have a different account/name, or what?

I don't remember seeing you on Gold Beach during my time of sEB either, or in the forum during the sEB debacle. Are you someone we know with a different name? Or when exactly was that hiatus of yours?

/prying mrgreen

This story begins on a dark, cold day... ninja

LOL alright well when beta was out I was on Energy Drinks (My '06 account and main mule I use to store all my personal items and personal gold). I used her until she was about a 9 something and then left Gaia because my friends started leaving and I wasn't exactly the type interested in meeting strangers (I was still a youngin' back then, afraid of getting stalked on the internet by 40 year old virgins living in their mom's basements and whatnot emotion_yatta )
I came back a year later, so 2 months after I started high school, hoping to cure my boredom with another account (because I forgot all my stuff for Energy) and I made Ruike :3 I played BG and a little bit of zOMG, but wasn't finding enough people to talk to because my friends dumped off Gaia completely. So since I didn't really have friends or a regular crew I just did all the quests XD Once I finished questing I stopped playing for a few years, came back AGAIN in 2011 in August to play booty grab and try to get a tank going, but then I decided to get into zOMG again instead. I played occasionally, but then it kinda died out again til November. My ex left me, I had nobody, so I came back and just hardcore played games. That or did other terrible things I'm not quite proud of and would prefer not to speak about...Q.Q

So starting November I gamed pretty hard aaaaaand yeah. Ruike was born :3 I was always smobbing though, I hated PS because I thought all the people there were idiots, and I only really got into dms because of Lux. I don't regret it for a second emotion_yatta
Now I have all kinds of awesome friends, a decent I guess LOLOLOL bf and a passtime I enjoy ^-^
I also tutor a girl English through PM sometimes sweatdrop
Aaaaaaaaand I'm an addict emotion_awesome
THUS how Ruike came to be and why I just kinda came up outta nowhere XD
I did exist, just on another account and not as frequently on either til this past November.

EDIT: If you ever wanted to know anything, you could always ask XD ?

Rainbow Hunter

Ah, thanks for the explanation!!
And it's not that I didn't want or dare to ask, or anything, it's just something that often crossed my mind but I always forgot to actually ask.

I'm trying to figure out my timelines to determine which updates of the SS you have and have not witnessed then - but it's all sort of blurry to me.

Because I think that some people in this thread are referring to updates from *before* you smobbed - and that that is where the wires are getting crossed. 3nodding

When you started smobbing - it was already mandatory to kill a certain amount of animated if you didn't want the queen to be at 20.0 CL, yes? Or no?

Benevolent Codger

Ruike Raka
(I was still a youngin' back then, afraid of getting stalked on the internet by 40 year old virgins living in their mom's basements and whatnot emotion_yatta )

Well, thank heavens that's not an issue for you, anymore. sweatdrop

User Image

Rainbow Hunter

Red Kutai
Ruike Raka
(I was still a youngin' back then, afraid of getting stalked on the internet by 40 year old virgins living in their mom's basements and whatnot emotion_yatta )

User Image

Sigh. I jumped a little when I saw your name in the thread as the last poster, hoping you had come to my assistance with a timeline of the updates. No such luck... sweatdrop

Popular Friend

Eh, what is it with these people saying that they can do better?

If you want OP, I could you beat the record emotion_yatta

Benevolent Codger

Memory Haunts You
Sigh. I jumped a little when I saw your name in the thread as the last poster, hoping you had come to my assistance with a timeline of the updates. No such luck... sweatdrop

Er... That would've been the more productive option, wouldn't it? sweatdrop

After a little digging, it looks like the first update (the addition of 20.6 enemies in SS) took place... April 13th, of last year. On that note, it seems we all forgot to commemorate the death of sEB. cry

And the second, which made actually fighting those enemies impractical (and worthless) happened September 2nd. I'm not so sure that's one that really warrants any commemoration, though... whee

Rainbow Hunter

Red Kutai
Memory Haunts You

Er... That would've been the more productive option, wouldn't it? sweatdrop

After a little digging, it looks like the first update (the addition of 20.6 enemies in SS) took place... April 13th, of last year. On that note, it seems we all forgot to commemorate the death of sEB. cry

And the second, which made actually fighting those enemies impractical (and worthless) happened September 2nd. I'm not so sure that's one that really warrants any commemoration, though... whee

Thank you, my dearest!! biggrin heart

Gah we really should have a memorial celebration for sEB or something. crying

Dangerous Humorist

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Memory Haunts You

When you started smobbing - it was already mandatory to kill a certain amount of animated if you didn't want the queen to be at 20.0 CL, yes? Or no?

Before I started grinding smob that wasn't the case. Once I started grinding for gold it was.

Dangerous Humorist

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
II Verda II
Eh, what is it with these people saying that they can do better?

If you want OP, I could you beat the record emotion_yatta
Please?! o3o
That's just there for a starter. I haven't done anymore timed runs since, so it's there to beat. If you can, please feel free heart

Dangerous Humorist

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Red Kutai
Ruike Raka

User Image

I'm not afraid of stalkers only because I've become one emo
aaaaaaand whatya know, I just moved back in with my parents...Now all I have to do is start growing a beard.... ;o !

Benevolent Codger

Ruike Raka
Now all I have to do is start growing a beard.... ;o !

I expect to be able to track your progress through your vlog. You should consider devoting a regular segment to it, even... 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff