Welcome to Gaia! ::

Admirer

25,800 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Oh god. *remembers us trying to record a Smob Guide run*

Lonely Lunatic

Is it called smobbing if you just use fleet and don't attack anything?

Comrade

Don't ya hate being the last person when everyone leaves in smob? & you have too die..... emo

Dangerous Humorist

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Vanessa.k

No XD You have to legit kill things with a crew.

Dangerous Humorist

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
IsMyNameToLongForYou
Don't ya hate being the last person when everyone leaves in smob? & you have too die..... emo
What I hate is being the leader and being the last to leave, then when you go to reinvite people you can't get them because they're in someone else's crew. Why?
"Because you didn't crew me fast enough :/"

BROUSRS? emotion_donotwant
Maybe if I didn't have to SUICIDE I would have been out on time... Fegs -.-
UGH.

Comrade

Ruike Raka
IsMyNameToLongForYou
What I hate is being the leader and being the last to leave, then when you go to reinvite people you can't get them because they're in someone else's crew. Why?
"Because you didn't crew me fast enough :/"

BROUSRS? emotion_donotwant
Maybe if I didn't have to SUICIDE I would have been out on time... Fegs -.-
UGH.
I could stab them in the eye if they did that too me. emotion_donotwant
But i'm never leader..... so i can do it too them.... dramallama

Sparkly Lunatic

Ruike Raka
ezaire
Ruike Raka
11:51

So slow. SMOB's a disappointment for me when I'm leading if the run's longer than 9m. >.>

neutral
I used to be able to do it in seven minutes. Besides, this was just my first run back from a long break. Twas just a starter. If you're so upset with it, go do better and I can change that.

Upset? Not in the slightest. Amused would be more like it. If you are serious about doing a speed run, you shouldn't have Bandage or Solar Rays in your ringset. Solar Rays has mediocre DPS, its range isn't needed, and it is single target only. As far as Bandage goes, if you find yourself needing it then you need a crew that heals better.

Also, other than a decent ringset and a crew that is in sync, there isn't that much variation to SMOB that makes it interesting to speed (short of a few minor route variations that aren't normally done). SMEB is where speeding actually becomes interesting, due to a lot more of decisions that you have to evaluate the pros and cons of.

Gracious Hunter

11,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Generally pics don't prove anything, when time related. They can easily be altered. Video would better prove the speed at which a smob run took.

Dangerous Humorist

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
ezaire
Ruike Raka
ezaire
Ruike Raka

So slow. SMOB's a disappointment for me when I'm leading if the run's longer than 9m. >.>

neutral
I used to be able to do it in seven minutes. Besides, this was just my first run back from a long break. Twas just a starter. If you're so upset with it, go do better and I can change that.

Upset? Not in the slightest. Amused would be more like it. If you are serious about doing a speed run, you shouldn't have Bandage or Solar Rays in your ringset. Solar Rays has mediocre DPS, its range isn't needed, and it is single target only. As far as Bandage goes, if you find yourself needing it then you need a crew that heals better.

Also, other than a decent ringset and a crew that is in sync, there isn't that much variation to SMOB that makes it interesting to speed (short of a few minor route variations that aren't normally done). SMEB is where speeding actually becomes interesting, due to a lot more of decisions that you have to evaluate the pros and cons of.

Bandage and solar rays are only used for rage -.=
My ringset is my ringset. I've done fine with it this whole time : And if you think smeb is more interesting and this thread isn't the place for you, then get out 3nodding
Why are you here?
Go smeb or something.

Dangerous Humorist

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Kitteh Fluff
Generally pics don't prove anything, when time related. They can easily be altered. Video would better prove the speed at which a smob run took.

This is very true. Only problem is video would slow my computer to the max and make me lag too hard ;c
There would be no point speed smobbing if video took the "speed" aspect out of it...

I need a new computer... >->

Devout Lunatic

Ruike Raka
ezaire
Ruike Raka
ezaire
Ruike Raka

neutral

Bandage and solar rays are only used for rage -.=
My ringset is my ringset. I've done fine with it this whole time : And if you think smeb is more interesting and this thread isn't the place for you, then get out 3nodding
Why are you here?
Go smeb or something.
I have no idea when your record runs was, but 7 minute runs are a lot harder to achieve than they were before the reflect nerf, and since you comment having been on a long break it would suggest your record run was likely before the nerf. You suggest discussing SMOB techniques, and ringset would be valid discussion under that area. Depending on the entire crew's ringset you can potentially save 1/2 minute or more on a run (and if your run was indeed before the reflect nerf a change in ringset may be your only way to achieve previous speeds). Yet you push off the entire discussion of rings with it worked before so I don't care to change. Kind of an odd decision when you admit to wanting best a previous run. So I can only guess you don't care to discuss SMOB techniques in this thread after all. Oh well, your loss.

Dangerous Humorist

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
mysterious bloody shadow
I have no idea when your record runs was, but 7 minute runs are a lot harder to achieve than they were before the reflect nerf, and since you comment having been on a long break it would suggest your record run was likely before the nerf. You suggest discussing SMOB techniques, and ringset would be valid discussion under that area. Depending on the entire crew's ringset you can potentially save 1/2 minute or more on a run (and if your run was indeed before the reflect nerf a change in ringset may be your only way to achieve previous speeds). Yet you push off the entire discussion of rings with it worked before so I don't care to change. Kind of an odd decision when you admit to wanting best a previous run. So I can only guess you don't care to discuss SMOB techniques in this thread after all. Oh well, your loss.

I haven't been gone THAT long. It was back when NiickiMiinaj had their last legit hiatus. So maybe a few months ago?

As for the discussion bit, it takes two to tango as well as to hold a dialogue, because just one would be a monologue. That person had their opinion, I said mine. That's called a discussion, isn't it? o3o

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Vanessa.k

This technique was used during sEB, or "speed EB", and is no longer possible. Now if you don't kill enough in SS, Lorelei and the Grunny Sub Commander are CL 20.6.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Owlie
Vanessa.k

This technique was used during sEB, or "speed EB", and is no longer possible. Now if you don't kill enough in SS, Lorelei and the Grunny Sub Commander are CL 20.6.

Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

Arguably, if the crew could successfully defeat the CL 20.6 mini-boss in less time than the time taken to do a regular smob run, it could be a legitimate tactic. I have heard anecdotal evidence of them being possible to defeat, but I am uncertain whether that was pre or post the reflect nerfs.

Also, I would be very glad to spend some happy times smobbing to try and optimise our speed.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Lonely Lunatic

Owlie
Vanessa.k

Hhhmm that is true. I've run into that problem doing smob before. whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces