Welcome to Gaia! ::

IonRabbit's Wife

Beloved Bunny

12,400 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
"If a star fell for everytime I thought of you....

So.....I can never keep aggro for some reason >< I can keep it for the beginning but about a couple of rooms in I lose it >< I lose it even quicker when we get a NF in the room. Does the level of my healing rings affect how I keep aggro or is there something that everyone else is doing that I am not smart enough to figure it out xD

...the sky would be empty."

IonRabbit's Wife

Beloved Bunny

12,400 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

bump

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
What CL are you when you Tank?

What rings do you use?

Do you frequently rage Bandage r2-r4 whenever possible, from the beginning of a room, and never stop?

Tell me more.

IonRabbit's Wife

Beloved Bunny

12,400 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

I use meat bandage iron wish cat fit integ and then whatever I need else for the empty slot like diagnose

I rage bandage and use wish whenever I can reach my crew :/ diagnose too on myself and I toogle my rings to help

I know where to position myself and I move quick whenever I get into a room to get in the right corner :3

My highest lvl currently is 11.5-11.6 with a healer ring set and my wish is a lvl 11 and diagnose is lvl 10.1 and bandage is lvl 11 also

Mage Ragepunk
What CL are you when you Tank?

What rings do you use?

Do you frequently rage Bandage r2-r4 whenever possible, from the beginning of a room, and never stop?

Tell me more.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
lonBunny
Kay, the first problem that I see is your use of Scaredy Cat. In my opinion, while it's a useful ring, you don't need it to survive. If anything, you WANT the mobs to hit you, so you can heal yourself.

Using Wish for your crew should only be used at the beginning, so you can gain that initial starting aggro from mobs. Otherwise, I would only take Bandage and Diagnose for heals. If you toggle enough, and consistently rage Bandage r2-r4, you should be able to hold a room's aggro well enough, as long as no one amps without you amping as well.

If anything, when you do Tank, take an attack like Hot Foot, Shuriken, or Solar, so that you can aggro the mobs immediately and begin gaining aggro. Do you get put to "sleep" a lot by the Vampires? If you do, what's the current status of your Willpower Ghi boost? Also, what CL is your Iron?

I like that you use Integ+Fitness, at least mainly for the stam regen.

Only thing that I can suggest for NF, is that you save 1-2 mobs (2 Vamps, 2 wolfs, a vamp and a wolf, etc) for yourself. While they keep hitting you, you keep toggling and healing yerself. You then have your crewmates begin attacking the NF. Tell them to attack to about 50 or so stamina, then stop attacking and let their stamina regen. If they must kneel, they must do it sparingly, or they could potentially steal your aggro before you can hold it long enough. Using this method, I can guarantee that the NF will fall without a hitch, if people follow this method correctly.

You can mess around with how much stam you want them to use, but 25-50 as a limit is quite a good number.

I hope this helps. :3 Good luck with Tanking!

Lonely Student

lonBunny

So.....I can never keep aggro for some reason >< I can keep it for the beginning but about a couple of rooms in I lose it >< I lose it even quicker when we get a NF in the room. Does the level of my healing rings affect how I keep aggro or is there something that everyone else is doing that I am not smart enough to figure it out xD

To answer the bolded, the level of your healing rings affect how well you keep aggro. CL 11.4 Band, Wish, and Diag heal more than they would if they were CL 10. More healing = more aggro.

The easiest way to keep aggro is to heal yourself with Bandage and Diagnose constantly when you lose health. To lose health you either need to get yourself mobbed by animated or move your rings like you’re self-raging. Personally I find the latter to be the easiest method and the key to holding aggro against NF.

It’s not uncommon to lose the war for aggro to your crew on the first 1 or 2 animated they attack. The longer you are in a room building aggro the harder it will be for your crew to steal aggro, which is why your crew should always attack NF/BD last. You should also note that werewolves have to see you before you can get their aggro.

Good luck & if you have any questions feel free to ask. It’s not silly at all. c:

IonRabbit's Wife

Beloved Bunny

12,400 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Okay I see what you are saying

my ghi always is 100

I dont get put to sleep

I dont use ghi amps :/ xD maybe I should?

My iron is lvl 11

Mage Ragepunk
lonBunny
Kay, the first problem that I see is your use of Scaredy Cat. In my opinion, while it's a useful ring, you don't need it to survive. If anything, you WANT the mobs to hit you, so you can heal yourself.

Using Wish for your crew should only be used at the beginning, so you can gain that initial starting aggro from mobs. Otherwise, I would only take Bandage and Diagnose for heals. If you toggle enough, and consistently rage Bandage r2-r4, you should be able to hold a room's aggro well enough, as long as no one amps without you amping as well.

If anything, when you do Tank, take an attack like Hot Foot, Shuriken, or Solar, so that you can aggro the mobs immediately and begin gaining aggro. Do you get put to "sleep" a lot by the Vampires? If you do, what's the current status of your Willpower Ghi boost? Also, what CL is your Iron?

I like that you use Integ+Fitness, at least mainly for the stam regen.

Only thing that I can suggest for NF, is that you save 1-2 mobs (2 Vamps, 2 wolfs, a vamp and a wolf, etc) for yourself. While they keep hitting you, you keep toggling and healing yerself. You then have your crewmates begin attacking the NF. Tell them to attack to about 50 or so stamina, then stop attacking and let their stamina regen. If they must kneel, they must do it sparingly, or they could potentially steal your aggro before you can hold it long enough. Using this method, I can guarantee that the NF will fall without a hitch, if people follow this method correctly.

You can mess around with how much stam you want them to use, but 25-50 as a limit is quite a good number.

I hope this helps. :3 Good luck with Tanking!

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
lonBunny
No, your Ghi Boosts in your Character info. That's what I was talking about.

If you don't get put to sleep, then that's fine. I don't think you'd need Ghi Amps unless you really feel them to be necessary.

IonRabbit's Wife

Beloved Bunny

12,400 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

ahhhh okay will work on leveling them then :3

W`nnabe
lonBunny

To answer the bolded, the level of your healing rings affect how well you keep aggro. CL 11.4 Band, Wish, and Diag heal more than they would if they were CL 10. More healing = more aggro.

The easiest way to keep aggro is to heal yourself with Bandage and Diagnose constantly when you lose health. To lose health you either need to get yourself mobbed by animated or move your rings like you’re self-raging. Personally I find the latter to be the easiest method and the key to holding aggro against NF.

It’s not uncommon to lose the war for aggro to your crew on the first 1 or 2 animated they attack. The longer you are in a room building aggro the harder it will be for your crew to steal aggro, which is why your crew should always attack NF/BD last. You should also note that werewolves have to see you before you can get their aggro.

Good luck & if you have any questions feel free to ask. It’s not silly at all. c:

IonRabbit's Wife

Beloved Bunny

12,400 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Ohhhhhh xDD

these are the boosts that I have;

accuracy
major willpower
health
dodge
luck

Mage Ragepunk
lonBunny
No, your Ghi Boosts in your Character info. That's what I was talking about.

If you don't get put to sleep, then that's fine. I don't think you'd need Ghi Amps unless you really feel them to be necessary.
Like already pointed out, I think you need to bring an attack in your ringset.
This way you can easily get aggro/lure the monsters, from who/where you want in the room, when you first enter.
Also, for NF/BD: I suggest getting their attention and then reset them before letting the others in. This way you know for sure that NF won't notice your crewmates first and attack them.

From your ringset to mine, I just switch out cat for the attack. I like having wish, in case NF/BD goes wrong or in the start of the room, where the first two monsters usually will hate the crew more, it's good to have wish on you.

Also take a look at your crewmates' ringsets. If any of them have diagnose, tell them to drop it. If more than two brings wish, tell them they also won't need this: they would be both attacking and maybe then healing, which makes it easier for them to steal aggro from you, since dealing damage courses more aggro.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff