1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 >

9,475 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
User Image

WHAT & WHY

Farming is killing the same monster or area to get specific rewards. (Orbs & Rings in this case)
People farm the shallow Sea because of the number of chests & mobs inside & because the game quest line ends here. (at current)

In other MMOs I've played I often look up walkthroughs or forums before going into a new raid, party quest, or farm run, because I didn't want to be a total noob.
I'm making this in case anyone wants to read about the Sea before going in. (if anyone cares)

Please feel free to Post any Comments, Questions, Suggestions, Stories, Bump, Subscribe, or whatever.

quinnriley
Nice! Thanks!

Whats a recomended CL for this?

SS scales to lvl now, you can in theory be Any CL... as long as the rest of your party is within .5 of your CL

mrgreen

9,475 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

A lot of this stuff is standard MMO etiquette, treat people with the same respect you'd want to be treated with.

Don’t join a crew if you don’t have time (no dinner breaks, showers, or trips to the store)
Plan for a 1 hour run. Double orb power ups last 1 hour & it takes the chests 1 hour to refill anyway.

Don’t depend on others to keep you alive (make sure you have appropriate rings on)
It's a good idea to carry defib just in case someone fails

Make sure to ask how far the crew is going before you go in the pool. (robos, compound, or end boss)

Conform to the advertised CL (usually within a .5 range)

redbear
Don't enter the whirlpool prematurely. That is, just because the crew is partially formed and you are leaving the leader to scout out another one or two crew members, don't enter the whirlpool yet. Fewer animated will be generated, resulting in fewer chances for you to get orbs.

Don’t lead a crew if you don’t know what you are doing.
Don't start a crew if you don't want to be leader!
If you join a crew & don't know what to expect, let the rest of the crew know. (most ppl will understand & help you through)

Pay Attention – Most people farming the seas are playing the game on auto pilot. They have done it so many times its become routine. (learn the routine)
If you don’t know what you are doing, stay with the group… Think of it as a flock of birds, all moving together.
Also, Some people are using power ups that cost real money, If you make them wait on you, your costing them money.

Stay with the group – There’s always gonna be players who are slightly faster & slightly slower than the majority of the group, the faster ones should be the pullers & ready the mobs. Ideally no mobs should be killed till all members are on that map.
Omnileech
Don't rush into a battle unless everyone is nearby. People always leave the chests for the crew, and that's nice, but mobs of monsters are where the real rewards lie.

COMMUNICATE - Speak to the crew using CREW CHAT. This not only lets them know you are alive & paying attention, it also lets crew block out all other chats, like a noisy clan, to reduce distraction.

There's never going to be enough stamina - Learn to sit at the pause points while waiting for the group. Whining about it will never do any good.

Learn to predict lag effects
Sometimes lagging players will end up on a map past where they wanted because of the lag, a good crew that’s watching & paying attention can cover for that member.
Also, when theres big lag durring a mass attack, throw an extra diagnose out there, you might save someone.
Remember or copy your crew leaders name in case you lag out or crash. you can whisper to them when you get back. The Whisper command is /w username message

Learn to love Ad Block - No really, you can download Firefox & the ad block add on for free, & it will let you choose what to block & not to block. At the very least, explore the option. Heres a very awesome post about Ad block & how to & so on.
Adblock post

MistressMinako
We already have guides. Tons of them and good ones.

All an SS guide would be is "follow the leader; don't run ahead; don't open chests until everyone's on the screen - including the locker under the grunny subs as it's a major cash and makes you an a*****e when you run ahead and pop it open"

Don't open a chest unless you are SURE everyone is on the screen. If you don't know what you are doing, best let someone else open them.

magikman79
Kabuki Kyoshiro
SS Pirates? pirate

I'm a big fan of the pirate code - Any man who falls behind, gets left behind.

Now that doesn't mean I'm gonna bail on someone as soon as they lag out, but it also means I won't wait on you forever, especially if people are running double orb power ups.

9,475 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

I'm not a big fan of telling people what rings they have to wear or where they have to wear them.
So this section is gonna be what I do & tips from other players.

What works best is to find the set (or rings) YOU work best with.
Some people are healers, some are tanks, some defy definition.
Be what your best at!

I run with 1 of 2 attack sets

Solar Rays, Hack, & Shark Attack (Mantis would be stronger than Solar Rays but I like the range)
User Image
or
Heavy Water Balloon, Fire Rain, & Dervish (but I've been seeing people use Hornets Nest VERY effectively)

User Image

Omnileech
Having luck boosting rings do help. Having a fitness is easy, having an angel set is great. For either you need to have a lot of g'hi for the luck to be effective

It helps to have at least 2 people with defib. The more the better.

Romeodanny
If you are carrying defib please put it in the first or second ring spot. That way if many in the crew gets dazed the defib is unlocked first, and then the person can help defib without waiting for the rings to unlock.

If I carry Defib, I prefer it in the 3rd slot, I use the first 2 slots on rings that can heal me, so I don't die again after a Defib.
(but Many ppl will ask you to move it to one of the first 3 slots) rolleyes

User Image

9,475 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

Please excuse the poor quality of the paths. If I care more in the future or someone expresses great interest I might re do them.

User Image User Image

Everyone in the pool !

You'll wait for everyone to enter on the first or second screen, Then it's up to kill 2 groups of fluffs.

Up & left hugging the wall for more fluffs (this is where lag will sometimes make a member run up into the clams)

Right to clams.

Then a few screens of clams & fluffs, sometimes the groups will be pulled together.

On the Clam screen before the tail I like to fleet feet the crew & have them all go in different directions, grab a group of fluffs & everyone meet on the tail for a mass kill.

Then its up the tail & along the spine of the seahorse.

The Seahorse head is a good resting place while waiting for the full group to arrive.

Through the cave of clams.

Then up for some anchor Bugs (again sometimes pulled into bigger groups)

Chest Time (if a member has lagged out the crew may decide to move on & get this chest on the way out of this area to give them time to return)

Back down to the Anchorbugs

Then a couple of groups of Sea Spouts on the way to the next chest.

Brain Clams & Sea Spouts on the way to the Queen & her Guards. (I still see these maps run in various ways depends on if crew is lagging/missing etc.)

At the Queen you will find Marshall the molester. (there will be lots of movement & laughing at the person who gets stuck with Marshall on top of them for the next few maps)

Then out the top (possibly fighting more Sea Spouts depending on the earlier order)

Kill 2 more Sea Spout Guards & then out the top door.

9,475 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

Please excuse the poor quality of the paths. If I care more in the future or someone expresses great interest I might re do them.

User Image

User Image User Image

At the beginning of this area, you will often have a party member lag out or have a long load time.
This is a good place to rest & recover stamina.

Then you will move right, kill some clams & open 2 Creights.

Then up to kill 4 more clams.

Then through the dark cave where you will hear Marshall tell you more of the story you arent paying attention to. Also Watch out for Marshall, he touches ppl in the dark.

Then it's Sea Anchor Big time. The few at the base of the cave will be killed, then its most likely the rest will be pulled to the chest screen & killed in a mass lag attack. (sometimes Grunny Subs too)

Then it's past the giant stone Gambino head (Gambino will rise again!) & out to the Final Fantasy looking map. (i love this one) Another good place to rest for a second while everyone gathers.

Then its down to Grunny subs, several easy kills & a brief rest before the Grunny Sub Commander screen.

After it's death the safe will be opened. (the reward lags sometimes, wait for it)

Then out the cave to the Robofish area.

At this point you often lose people who only care about the chests... Even though the best drops really come from the monsters now.

9,475 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

User Image
There is no map in the Robofish cave

First someone will De Agro the fish, so they don't all attack when you walk on the screen.
If you use Raged fleet feet & the top & Turtle at the bottom, you can make it back to the top alive.
if not one person will have to run until they die, then someone will have to come & Defib them.

When you start farming the fish (usually back at the top) ONE PERSON will pull the fish.
Make sure you ONLY attack the fish that is pulled down.

It is Very Important to watch the crews health while farming Robos.
It's best to keep the crew window open while farming.
User Image

The Robofish HIT HARD & it's likely that the person pulling the fish will be killed in a few hits without help or turtle, so keep an eye on them & time those Diagnoses & Wishes well.

User Image User Image

Some of the highest CL ring drops I've gotten have been from Robofish, they also drop some neat recipes.

The way I prefer to fish... crew members with Turtle & several AOE attacks (heavy water balloon, fire rain, dervish, & hornets nest) kill all the fish at once in one big mass lag attack. The rest of the crew plays Healer or Buffs with Rock Armor, Teflon, & Improbability Sphere over & over. (this can have a really impressive effect)
This works great & is pretty fast (even with the recharge time on turtle) but when people stop paying attention the whole crew can die at once.

It also gives everyone a chance to relog & have potty breaks & get a drink & such at the top of the hill after each "round"

9,475 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

User Image

redbear
Most of the time, by the time you get to the sealab, the crew will have diminished greatly in size. So if you plan to farm here, it might be useful to bring something like Duct Tape. I managed to clear out the sealab with myself and one other person with the the help of the Duct Tape ring (among a couple other buffs).

I do not intend to cover the compound, because it is covered in Brias Guide

9,475 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

User Image

The best way I've seen this done is the 2nd method mentioned above for farming fish...

2 crew members with Turtle & several AOE attacks (heavy water balloon, fire rain, dervish, & hornets nest) kill all the mobs at once in one big mass lag attack. The rest of the crew plays Healer or Buffs with Rock Armor, Teflon, & Improbability Sphere over & over. (this can have a really impressive effect)
This works great & is pretty fast (even with the recharge time on turtle) but when people stop paying attention the whole crew can die at once.

The more people on the map when the switch is pulled, the more mobs that come.
You might just wanna have half the crew stand up there when the switch is pulled.

& Don't forget the mass of Labtechs in front of the door.

& Again, this is one of those times It's best to have the crew window open.
User Image

*Edit:

does this still work??

9,475 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Grunny Sub SS Runs

moved here from when I was working on the 5k badge

User Image
I don't really have the need or desire to clear the first area, or even get all the chests.
I also dont see a need for everyone to wait for the rest of the crew on this map, in fact, im looking for those awesome ppl that clear like an A bomb, but I can also see the advantage to moving orderly in a group, the truth is I dont care & will adapt to whatever,
I just want to get through it.

However, once we get to the Grunny Sub sections, we Will be waiting for everyone, because that is the point of this whole thing... Grunny Sub Kills... I suggest bringing at least 1 AOE ring to get a part of every kill.

User Image
This area is simple enough to clear, because it will be done in large groups
@ A we will begin to wait for everyone, Then will drag the mobs up to B & fight them all on that tiny map

User Image
I plan on skipping Robofish... Because I Truly, Truly hate them.
On second thought, we Will kill the screen with 2 Subs on it, if I have 3 ppl or more.

User Image
Just the subs then death at the switch.
@ X Everyone will wait while I pull up the 4 Grunny Subs below 2 by 2
@ Y If everyone stays low & to the right we can avoid pulling the Cycles until last.
User Image
@ Z someone will pull the switch, we all die & meet at the pool

Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

& Ill add you mid run, but im sorry I prolly wont wait for you to catch up, If I did, id be waiting all day for a dozen people, if you cant make it to catch up, well meet you next run at the WP

Im not a big fan of telling people what rings they should bring.
Some people heal, some buff & some tank, be what you are best.

But I would suggest turtle & fleet feet or coyote & at least 1 AOE ring

User Image

That one night
teh_friendly_ghost
noisound
alliesbuddy
Madam Enigma
Snow_in_Sahara
Sensual Soul
Rex Bannon

for helping me refine the process

hope I didnt forget anyone

9,475 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

Devilish Vixen
Bladeglory
TamponInMyNose
Silly RiRi
Vionna
Angeloid
scullylam
Quicktrigger
SoulSkourer
KaryuunoSamurai
dilann
Kuga Natsuki-chan
spiral45
Waltzkrieg
chaosxarcher
Lux Fortuna
Kodushomu
Shrimp_Man
Midd-Nighta
Wicked Queen 13
iEM0T10NS
Rod_is_God
Kabuki Kyoshiro
MistressMinako
Eris Disc0rdia
tkdauronXIII
Valheita
Zeophilus
Rairi Sakurai
Anhy
Omnileech
Dystopian Lover
Angeloid
Galvatron
Miserable pile of secrets
Bria_Teragram
[Makata]
Romeodanny

Most of the people Thanked here are thanked because of the inspiration I got from their posts in this thread Link

User Image

9,475 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

9,475 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I REALLY want the LAWN MOWER to make a sound ☠۞

no... really,.... I have a need for the lawn mower to make a sound.... for some reason

Like the sound of gnome bones crunching as I chase after them maniacally screaming profanities...

I'd accept like a riding mower on crack sound, a rusty blades kinda Edward scissor hands sound, a rusty dentist drill sound, nails on a chalkboard... whatever...

It would be even cooler if the purple animated ran from me in fear, it would definitely add to the satisfaction of mowing them down..

OOOO OOO Let me drive my car through zOMG & add a concept car mower like the pirate ships & tanks!!!

kinda like that crazy wife that chased her husband down with a car.. she was crazy...

O YEA.. or like a mix of the lawnmower guy & the crazy scientist from the first Toejam & Earl game..

or a mix of the mower guy & the chainsaw guy from Zombies ate my neighbors....

Hey... wouldn't it be cool if the mower made a sound?

Wow, i just had this kick a** idea... what if the lawn mower... made a sound!!!

It would be even cooler if there was random profanity after the sound..

Or like the black alien guy on Total Recall with the drill... "IM A GONNA DRILL U SUCKA !!!"

Animated should fear the sound of my mower... leaving little bloody gnome bits all over the village greens

I wonder if they ever though of adding a sound to the mower...

or that drunk farmer guy you always see driving drunk on his mower to go get more beer.

GODZILLA IS ENTERING TOKYO BAY!!!! With what seems to be like... a GIANT MOWER!!

o yea... what if the lawn mower made a sound? how cool would that be?

or like Hunter Thompson chasing people down with a mower "HOLY JESUS WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT??"

or Dr Gonzo chasing them down yelling "CALL THE POLICE, WE NEED HELP, CALL THE POLICE"

o yea... here's a good one....... Think Apocalypse Now... the gnomes go about their normal life... as I come in from the shallow seas... they begin to her the SOUND OF MY MIGHTY MOWER & begin to run in fear.... AWWW YEAAAAAA, Mowing down VC Gnomes..

MEDIC !!!! MEDIC !!!!! MOWER IN THE TREELINE !!!!!!!

i think it would be cool if the mower had a sound... like a .... crunching kind of sound... & it should be LOUD... like even when u turn all the sounds off... like that damn suffocating sound when your out of mana...

or like Jack Nicholson from the Shining chasing down his family with a mower in the snow. !!

vROOOOMMMMM !!!!

or like the guy in Farho that they fed into a wood chipper... that would be a good lawnmower sound

but yea... i REALLY want the mower to make evil sounds.....

or "The Honking" episode of Futurama... with a possessed mower

Or imagine Oh Deasu from old boy... using a mower instead of a hammer for that awesome fight scene in that hall
/me shivers

or how bout this... adding actual screams from the devs in the BG of the sound... like they guy that pops up & says "TOASTY" on the Mortal Kombat games (i know some of you totally just heard that in your head too lol)

I have an unhealthy need for the mower to make a sound.... when it gets cold it rubs the lotion on its skin...

here's a creepy one.... The "Free Candy Van" guy.... has a riding mower in the back of that thing....

It would be EVEN COOLER, if it made a diff sound depending on the animated I ran over with it...

STREBLO !!!!

burning_eyes

magikman79
I think it should only make sounds in zOMG

It would be extra kick a** if they attached the mower to a ring or something.....

maybe something like a sound ring, that you could like junction with other items to make diff sounds

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff