Welcome to Gaia! ::

Barton Sweetheart

Panagrammic
Nah, they're just first in the database table that describes all the servers. biggrin

Why do you want to see different servers? Just for variety? Or was there a certain server that ran particularly well? I think they're all supposed to be the exact same hardware configuration.

If you don't mind me saying but the servers that where placed up on Tuesday ( Bootsnake and Brain Clam I think) gave me some bad lag to the point I wasn't able to play, in fact I have problems with Buzz Saw and Bladed Vase as well.

I have no problems with other servers just seems to be those ones for some reason, I have adblock on for various animated, low quality and my ring only animation.

Not sure if anyone else finds this and I'll be happy to gather more details if need be 3nodding

Fluffy Cat

16,175 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Pet Trainer 150
Zealand_Aquarius
If you don't mind me saying but the servers that where placed up on Tuesday ( Bootsnake and Brain Clam I think) gave me some bad lag to the point I wasn't able to play, in fact I have problems with Buzz Saw and Bladed Vase as well.

I have no problems with other servers just seems to be those ones for some reason, I have adblock on for various animated, low quality and my ring only animation.

Not sure if anyone else finds this and I'll be happy to gather more details if need be 3nodding
That's weird. I've been on those same servers recently and no lag whatsoever. I haven't had any bad lag on any of them for weeks. They all seem pretty much the same. Except for the names.

9,500 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Barton Sweetheart

Loobee
That's weird. I've been on those same servers recently and no lag whatsoever. I haven't had any bad lag on any of them for weeks. They all seem pretty much the same. Except for the names.

sweatdrop well darn it, I've got no clue then nothing changes on my end apart from the servers. But thank you for pointing it out! * goes to bash computer*

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
I checked with Ops and they are the same identical configuration. I'll poke around and verify but they really should all perform the same.

Zealand_Aquarius
Loobee

sweatdrop well darn it, I've got no clue then nothing changes on my end apart from the servers. But thank you for pointing it out! * goes to bash computer*

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
Panagrammic

If someone were wanting to ask about the possibility of adding a third server and whether or not this would reduce lag, who should they talk to and in what mode? ATA doesn't seem effective (or directed at the right people, most of the time) and I wouldn't know who to PM or where to start a thread.

Barton Sweetheart

Panagrammic
I checked with Ops and they are the same identical configuration. I'll poke around and verify but they really should all perform the same.

Well fluff sticks, must be something on my end now to work out what.

thank you for getting back to me however!

edit: I hope this post doesn't come off as rude in anyway and if taken like that then I'm sorry 3nodding

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
I'm dubious -- mainly because when I look at the server with 300 people (about the maximum), it's showing CPU and memory that are nowhere close to capacity.

Anyway, I set 3 servers to cycle in on Fridays -- we'll see if that's any better.

Robotic Chibi-tan
Panagrammic

If someone were wanting to ask about the possibility of adding a third server and whether or not this would reduce lag, who should they talk to and in what mode? ATA doesn't seem effective (or directed at the right people, most of the time) and I wouldn't know who to PM or where to start a thread.

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
Panagrammic
I'm dubious -- mainly because when I look at the server with 300 people (about the maximum), it's showing CPU and memory that are nowhere close to capacity.

Anyway, I set 3 servers to cycle in on Fridays -- we'll see if that's any better.

Robotic Chibi-tan
Panagrammic

Sweet! That was exactly what I wanted to ask about. It seems like the weekend servers get more laggy than the others.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Okay, three servers open for the weekend. Let me know how it plays.

Robotic Chibi-tan
Panagrammic

Robotic Chibi-tan
Panagrammic

Sweet! That was exactly what I wanted to ask about. It seems like the weekend servers get more laggy than the others.

Durem Pirate

Panagrammic

Robotic Chibi-tan
Panagrammic

Robotic Chibi-tan
Panagrammic

set cycle times AND more servers emotion_kirakira

User Image
ITS GLORIOUS
User Image

Barton Sweetheart

Panagrammic

Thank you ever so much!

Side note re-servers that star with "B" whatever it was its not happening now sweatdrop sorry to have wasted everyone's time. Although know my luck after saying this it'll start up again as I am just that lucky

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Did the lag seem any different this weekend?

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
Panagrammic

Sunday was when it started getting a bit bad for me. sweatdrop
It wasn't TOO bad though, still quite playable overall :3

Loiterer

14,275 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Bidding War 100
Panagrammic
It's a lot faster and less laggy than it used to be. I don't notice much difference between 2 & 3 though.

I guess you aren't lurkety-lurking in the ATA today.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff