Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Final result:

Every Tuesday at 11am, two new servers are opened.

Every Friday at 11am, three new servers are opened.

You don't have to switch to the new, fresh, lag-free servers immediately, but it is appreciated if you can switch to them when you hit a good break point.

We'll stay on this schedule for now, which seems to be working okay; if traffic picks up we can add more servers on given days.

Update: Today was the first truly automatic cycle, which worked fine except for the notification. Sigh. Starting Friday, there should be an automatic notification one hour before the new servers are swapped in.

TL;DR: Servers cycle at 11am on Tuesdays and Fridays

For the past few weeks, the servers have been cycling at 11am PST on Tuesdays and Fridays.

When the servers are "cycled," people are not kicked off the server immediately; instead, they are taken out of the server list, and new players cannot join back into the server. This gives people the chance to finish their current instances, so on and so forth. We don't forcibly kick people off until later, and the zOMG community has been pretty good about switching out of the server when they get a chance.

Based on feedback, it seems like this has worked pretty well, so this I'm inclined to make this the permanent rotation schedule. Currently we have two servers up at all times -- if we start getting quite a bit more traffic due to opening DMS, we can have more servers open at any given time. Given a choice, I'd prefer to open more servers than cycle more frequently.

Any questions or comments? Put 'em below.

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
I agree with more servers vs more cycling!

Is this a set schedule that still has to be done manually? Or is it auto-cycling now?

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Nice that there's a scheduled cycling for the servers. Now, people won't be hit with major lag while playing. Also, I agree with your idea about having more servers available when the game has heavy traffic instead of cycling more frequently. Thanks, Pan.

Siylia's Wife

Tipsy Gawker

Thank you so much for this
heart

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
SO LONG
SO LONG HAVE I WAITED FOR A CYCLE SCHEDULE emotion_bigheart
Thanks so much, Pan!

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
yes please. more servers when there is lots of people in game.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
Nice! Let me think here. I'm in EST so that's..... 8AM for me? I think? Dx I've never been good with figuring that out.

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
Poyudi Hytori
Nice! Let me think here. I'm in EST so that's..... 8AM for me? I think? Dx I've never been good with figuring that out.

2 PM for EST.

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
Rainbow Filled Nights
Poyudi Hytori

2 PM for EST.

Thanks! xD

Shirtless Noob

4,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Market Browser 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Panagrammic

Based on feedback, it seems like this has worked pretty well, so this I'm inclined to make this the permanent rotation schedule. Currently we have two servers up at all times -- if we start getting quite a bit more traffic due to opening DMS, we can have more servers open at any given time. Given a choice, I'd prefer to open more servers than cycle more frequently.

We could have had three servers this whole time classified_fu

But nice to hear you guys got the auto-cycle to work. My faith has been renewed =o

Adored Pirate

16,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
My hopes and dreams came true~~

Thank god and thank you. Lol

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
To be honest, it looks like 2 is enough, if they're being cycled regularly. Haven't seen a large influx of traffic from DMS opening up yet, but definitely let me know if it looks like more servers will help the playing experience.

Wut Panda
Panagrammic

But nice to hear you guys got the auto-cycle to work. My faith has been renewed =o

Shirtless Noob

4,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Market Browser 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Panagrammic
To be honest, it looks like 2 is enough, if they're being cycled regularly. Haven't seen a large influx of traffic from DMS opening up yet, but definitely let me know if it looks like more servers will help the playing experience.

Wut Panda
Panagrammic

I know the servers just got cycled today, but I had a few lag spikes during a run. That was either the large amount of players crammed into Anchor Bug, or my crappy AT&T internet.

:u

IRL Labtech

All I have to say is:

THANK YOU. We appreciate it so much.

heart heart heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items